United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Sparky***

Default Re: United to pay PIK debts in full

Right, so when are we going to open our transfer "war chest"?

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:45 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down Re: United to pay PIK debts in full

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
The PIK's are the only debt the Glazers are responsible for the rest is on the club. £#%&!ing @#%&!s.
But Gill said it was nothing to do with the club

@#%&!s.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
But Gill said it was nothing to do with the club

@#%&!s.
It isn't, but...

Since they refinanced the senior debt, i.e. the 500 million, they are allowed to take out 70 million or so per year in dividends, so although the PIKs are technically their responsibility, it's United that will utimately pay for them. Their @#%&!ishness knows no bounds...

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:48 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down Re: United to pay PIK debts in full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
Given the Glazer's own 15% of the PIKs, we can assume they are trousering £33m, whatever the source.....
Oh yea, they bought some of PIK on the cheap didn't they?

The £#%&!ing cheek of them. Take out the PIK loans to but the club, then loan money from the club to buy a percentage of those very same loans. Finally, use the clubs money to pay off the PIKs and make a profit from the part of the debt they own. Millions out of thin air.

English football :shakehead:

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:49 PM
RedMenace

They'll have just made themselves a good £30m or so for the portion of the PIK debt they bought themselves. Win win for them @#%&!s. Edit: as said above.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:50 PM
redwhiteandblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Right, so when are we going to open our transfer "war chest"?
Rooney is on to it. He's livid!

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
It isn't, but...

Since they refinanced the senior debt, i.e. the 500 million, they are allowed to take out 70 million or so per year in dividends, so although the PIKs are technically their responsibility, it's United that will utimately pay for them. Their @#%&!ishness knows no bounds...
I don't think that's right, I'm pretty sure they were entitled to a £70 million one off payment and then £25 million a year in dividends, so they can take £95 million and Gill can then say it wasn't United's money they used to pay off the PIK debt it was their own

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I don't think that's right, I'm pretty sure they were entitled to a £70 million one off payment and then £25 million a year in dividends, so they can take £95 million and Gill can then say it wasn't United's money they used to pay off the PIK debt it was their own
I think that you are right, my mistake, sorry.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:

The £#%&!ing cheek of them. Take out the PIK loans to but the club, then loan money from the club to buy a percentage of those very same loans. Finally, use the clubs money to pay off the PIKs and make a profit from the part of the debt they own. Millions out of thin air.

Nail.head interface.

Perfect summation.

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Harri Jaffa

[quote=Albert Tatlock;2232704]It isn't, but...

Since they refinanced the senior debt, i.e. the 500 million, they are allowed to take out 70 million or so per year in dividends, so although the PIKs are technically their responsibility, it's United that will utimately pay for them. Their @#%&!ishness knows no bounds...[/QUOTE]

I genuinely still don't understand how they are legally allowed to do what they have done

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Albert Tatlock

[quote=Harri Jaffa;2232752]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
It isn't, but...

Since they refinanced the senior debt, i.e. the 500 million, they are allowed to take out 70 million or so per year in dividends, so although the PIKs are technically their responsibility, it's United that will utimately pay for them. Their @#%&!ishness knows no bounds...[/QUOTE]

I genuinely still don't understand how they are legally allowed to do what they have done
Common practise Harri

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leveraged_buyout

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:

if it were out of thin air i'd have no problem. unfortunately it's out of the club.

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
if it were out of thin air i'd have no problem. unfortunately it's out of the club.
Yeah, and good job we've never in our history spent more than a tenner on a player or this might have a bad effect on our transfer funds eh?

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:27 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah, and good job we've never in our history spent more than a tenner on a player or this might have a bad effect on our transfer funds eh?
you what?

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:28 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
you what?

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Harry Flashman

Surely if they repay these PIK loans then they are more entrenched in this club than ever?

If they take 70 to 90 mill£ out of the club as they are "allowed to: (how the £#%&! this works is beyond me) and borrow some more from elsewhere or find it down the back of the sofa, they then pay off this PIK, somehow that leaves MUFC with £500 mill debt as the bond thingy? yeah or nay.

The PIK is payed off with utd's money in a roundabout way, they, (personally) now have no debt, Untd has £500 mill debt (the bond) and the @#%&!s are happy, the club is less at risk than it was, because the hedge fund cant recall the money or go heavy handed ie taking control of the clubs assets.

And still the #@&%!s pile through the door swirling green & gold scarves & singing glazer out & the glazers win win win.

Have I got this right?

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Coracao

Murmurings on the streets that we've sold a replica European Cup to the Sheikh for £250m.

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:34 PM
marlo

clever move by the glazers from a business perspective.

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:35 PM
safingtons

NO money has been taken from the club.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...rate-debt.html

They must be off, surely?

Unread 15-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
clever move by the glazers from a business perspective.
Thanks for that, Keynes.
Closed Thread