United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:12 PM
The Watcher

Question United to pay PIK debts in full

Quote:
tariq panja
#MUFC owners agree to pay off entirety of its 200 million pound+ PIK loan. Controversial loan will be paid on Nov 22, Bloomberg learns
That's what the fella at Bloomberg is saying

At least we know where the Ronaldo money is going. Fantastic.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Sloane

Default Re: United to pay PIK debts in full

interesting im sure anders will tell us how, what, and why.
results are out tomorrow also

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:15 PM
safingtons

Whoa, this is what I predicted a few weeks back....the reason they didn't take any money out is there for everyone to see now.

This is the Ronaldo money, AOn money and more all being used to service their debts, if this is what it takes for them to leave im all for it. One final milking is better than to be sucked dry for another 5 years.

This is good news. They are getting ready to sell!

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:15 PM
naes_sean

so is this a good thing or is the protesting going to continue?

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:16 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Whoa, this is what I predicted a few weeks back....the reason they didn't take any money out is there for everyone to see now.

This is the Ronaldo money, AOn money and more all being used to service their debts, if this is what it takes for them to leave im all for it. One final milking is better than to be sucked dry for another 5 years.

I don't know about that. Ya see, I knew this bird once......

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:16 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
so is this a good thing or is the protesting going to continue?
The protesting will fire up mate, they've basically taken the £160m that was in the bank that Gill and Fergie kept banging on about, to pay off THEIR debt, not the clubs debt.

But taking such a step, they must be thinking of £#%&!ing off. Lets hope so...

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Sandman

Quote:
The protesting will fire up mate, they've basically taken the £160m that was in the bank that Gill and Fergie kept banging on about, to pay off THEIR debt, not the clubs debt.

I don't think they are allowed to take all of that money, they are entitled to a certain amount.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Sloane

anders

Best guess would be £95m they are "entitled to" from club and a "refinancing" (i.e. new borrowing for the rest).

Tariq is normally spot on and it's results tomorrow.

If they've taken the £95m it'll be ignored in the "good news" about getting rid of the rest.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:22 PM
jem

Quote:
if this is what it takes for them to leave im all for it.
are you completely stupid?

that's a rhetorical question, by the way.

(rhetorical means "the answer is yes", by the way.)

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:23 PM
dinger

Quote:

Surely if they can chop the debt by a third in one go they must still see the club as profitable?

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Baldy

Quote:

Does it definitely mean that?

I'm thick as £#%&! so this is why I'm asking.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Coracao

Thumbs up Re: United to pay PIK debts in full

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:25 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

yes mate

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:27 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
anders

Best guess would be £95m they are "entitled to" from club and a "refinancing" (i.e. new borrowing for the rest).

Tariq is normally spot on and it's results tomorrow.

If they've taken the £95m it'll be ignored in the "good news" about getting rid of the rest.

From the Sanc?

Surely this only strengthens the Glazers position at United? Get rid of the punitive 16% interest of the PIKs and replace with bigger, but more 'manageable' debt.

They're going to be here for £#%&!ing years, aren't they

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:28 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
From the Sanc?

Surely this only strengthens the Glazers position at United? Get rid of the punitive 16% interest of the PIKs and replace with bigger, but more 'manageable' debt.

yup

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:28 PM
red @rmy

Better get used to Bebe imo.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:30 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
From the Sanc?

Thats exactly what I was thinking, if they are at a stage of paying off the PIK's then they must have a long term plan.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:34 PM
dinger

The PIK's are the only debt the Glazers are responsible for the rest is on the club. £#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Sloane

more anders

Guessing again, but if it's £95m from the club and a refinancing, the details of the latter won't be known for some time (January when the RFJV accounts come out). In the meantime "Glazers slash debt by £220m" will be the headline....

Selling at £1bn (ignoring the c. £50m in the bank) would net them £480m (or £345m if the rest of the PIK is now just different debt).

Other possible source of money is the sale of a stake in the club to some middle-eastern group.

Given the Glazer's own 15% of the PIKs, we can assume they are trousering £33m, whatever the source.....

Unread 15-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:

Eh? If they can get away with this, they'll be left with £45m annual interest payment, which they'll be confident of making.

And the overseas tv rights deal is worth an extra £10m a season for the next 3 years. Throw in a big pre-season tour, and hey presto.
Closed Thread