United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2017, 10:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We have had a bit of bad luck too, and a few signing have been long term ones. You look at Shaw, Martial, Memphis and Pogba and there's no shortage of potential. Not a great sign that many players are struggling to kick on here though. Martial the biggest example atm.
Poor mentality in the players? We were able to sign them because everyone else decided they weren't quite right..? Or £#%&!ed by the various managers?

Memphis was £#%&!ing frustrating, hardy set the world alight at Lyon thus far though tbf.

Unread 11-08-2017, 01:03 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Poor mentality in the players? We were able to sign them because everyone else decided they weren't quite right..? Or £#%&!ed by the various managers?

Memphis was £#%&!ing frustrating, hardy set the world alight at Lyon thus far though tbf.
No stability at United which doesn't help. No real continuity of players, management style etc.

For all the managerial and presidential turnover at the likes of Barca, Madrid and Bayern they have numerous players who are still key members of the side with best part of a decade or more at the club. Brings some semblance of stability. We have Carrick hanging on for dear life and have been captained by Chris Smalling and Juan Mata in recent years. Easy to get lost and drift in our sea of chaotic shite.

Unread 11-08-2017, 01:11 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
No stability at United which doesn't help. No real continuity of players, management style etc.

For all the managerial and presidential turnover at the likes of Barca, Madrid and Bayern they have numerous players who are still key members of the side with best part of a decade or more at the club. Brings some semblance of stability. We have Carrick hanging on for dear life and have been captained by Chris Smalling and Juan Mata in recent years. Easy to get lost and drift in our sea of chaotic shite.
Chaos indeed

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=150

Unread 11-08-2017, 01:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah. Gonna say it again with a tin hat on, but Fergie and Gill both deciding to tell the club they were heading for the hills one spring afternoon leaving an aging side and a silly little bean counter like Woodward in charge really didn't help us.

Unread 11-08-2017, 05:38 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Yeah. Gonna say it again with a tin hat on, but Fergie and Gill both deciding to tell the club they were heading for the hills one spring afternoon leaving an aging side and a silly little bean counter like Woodward in charge really didn't help us.

Don't need a tin hat for the glaringly obv, pal.

Followed by the combined chaos left by the two previous managers, whom, themselves were well up against it with half a dozen seasoned title winners, by then, well past it, overdue for replacement. Then Rooney and a bunch of shit@#%&!s... yet some are stamping their feet in rage because despite bringing two trophies, some overdue order and discipline the the club in one season, the football isn't pretty enough (it will be)

Should've got Pep in.

Unread 11-08-2017, 08:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
So what you're saying is we should just press on with players that aren't good enough?

As it stands we've added 3 players this summer, one might be better than what we had previously, the other 2 are open to debate. One of the signings may have addressed one of the many issues from last season, the most glaring problems remain.

Unread 11-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
So what you're saying is we should just press on with players that aren't good enough?

As it stands we've added 3 players this summer, one might be better than what we had previously, the other 2 are open to debate. One of the signings may have addressed one of the many issues from last season, the most glaring problems remain.
I'm saying gradual improvement is probably better than making sweeping replacements all in one year.

Unread 11-08-2017, 11:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
I'm saying gradual improvement is probably better than making sweeping replacements all in one year.
I agree, and the best way is to let a team gel and grow together, but when you are so blatantly lacking in key areas, you've got to do something..

Unread 11-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
I agree, and the best way is to let a team gel and grow together, but when you are so blatantly lacking in key areas, you've got to do something..
I'm in total agreement. Our problem was that these issues should have already been sorted. We've wasted an obscene amount of money.

Unread 11-08-2017, 11:13 AM
dunk

Quote:
I'm in total agreement. Our problem was that these issues should have already been sorted. We've wasted an obscene amount of money.
Fact. We're spending it on shit like there's no limit. Got to get smarter ffs

Unread 11-08-2017, 12:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Fact. We're spending it on shit like there's no limit. Got to get smarter ffs
Agree....

But also the talent pool isn't what it used to be and probably hasn't been for sometime? So that means there's less talented players to go about?

Look at Depay. He was a typical united signing on paper, young, bossed a lesser European league.... came in and was a shower of shit for the most part. Players like Schneiderlin, played very well consistently in the prem for a few years, came here and froze

The young kids in football these days are superstars before they've even made it at a big club, what with instagram and all that %@#$&!s

Actually thinking about it, perhaps it's not the lack of talent out there but more so that the mentality of the players is the problem?

Another possibility is the lack of genuine British talent. Most of the successful sides over the years have had a core of homegrown players, I'm struggling to think of that many British players we could get that would improve us that much

I know it sounds like I've gone off topic, but I do think there's a lot more to it than us just spending money on shite?

Unread 11-08-2017, 12:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Agree....

But also the talent pool isn't what it used to be and probably hasn't been for sometime? So that means there's less talented players to go about?

Look at Depay. He was a typical united signing on paper, young, bossed a lesser European league.... came in and was a shower of shit for the most part. Players like Schneiderlin, played very well consistently in the prem for a few years, came here and froze

The young kids in football these days are superstars before they've even made it at a big club, what with instagram and all that %@#$&!s

Actually thinking about it, perhaps it's not the lack of talent out there but more so that the mentality of the players is the problem?

Another possibility is the lack of genuine British talent. Most of the successful sides over the years have had a core of homegrown players, I'm struggling to think of that many British players we could get that would improve us that much

I know it sounds like I've gone off topic, but I do think there's a lot more to it than us just spending money on shite?
All true tbf, and there are big questions to be asked of the players, as nearly all the signings since Moyes looked well judged as they happened (Falcao and Schweinsteiger aside, for me) but all seem to lack something important.

Unread 11-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Tiberian

Not just signings that have been the problem. Still retain the view that letting so many go early in the LVG reign was foolhardy, there were players who could have been useful, knew the club, the pressures, could have helped new signings settle and then be moved on gradually.

It was a panic lead time, LVG offered a vision of the future and in their panic Utd latched on to that view and decisions and did not question. That is where the lack of a football savvy brain in a position above the manager has been hurting Utd in recent years.

Unread 11-08-2017, 01:32 PM
utd99

Someone on Rawk just suggested they call Dortmund and match Barcelona's bid -- plus a pound.

Unread 11-08-2017, 04:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
All true tbf, and there are big questions to be asked of the players, as nearly all the signings since Moyes looked well judged as they happened (Falcao and Schweinsteiger aside, for me) but all seem to lack something important.
Though he was always just a punt tbf.

Unread 24-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Pop

£110m Barca deal agreed. Coutinho shaking with rage

Unread 24-08-2017, 05:12 PM
ScarFace

we need to do an early Roman Chelsea and just outbid Dortmund whenever they try to sign somebody

Unread 29-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Sapien

Unread 29-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
That makes me wonder if he has the balls for a top club 🤔

Unread 16-09-2017, 03:58 PM
TheFatGoth

Just done his hamstring in his first league start.

Barca 1 down.
Closed Thread