United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:32 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Got no stats to back this up but I'm sure he's scored a load of goals in recent weeks in the closing stages of games when his team are already winning.

He's a minnow basher. Now arguably that is what we need but £#%&! it....I'd prefer a striker with a little more class in his game than padding his stats against tired defences. Zlatan's got a lot of criticism on here and in general for his lack of contribution in games but at least he's got a great touch and hold up play. Those are two weaknesses in Lukaku and with opponents dropping off against Utd they will come to fore more often than he finds at Everton.
Can't imagine him as the starting striker if Zlatan stays and we know what he thinks about being benched. Surely won't start both unless Lukaku can play wide.

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:38 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

I have got stats to back this up and he's the 4th highest scorer for his age in Premier League history after playing for West Brom and Everton, try to pick holes in it all you want but only Rooney, Owen and Fowler have more goals than him by 23, and that includes Ronaldo and Kane.

By 23 Thierry Henry had 57 career goals in all comps, Falcao had around 75, Diego Costa had 40, Batistuta had around 60, Shevchenko had 121, Lukaku has 144.

So even if it was "minnow bashing" (it's not) he's better at it than most playing for mid table nothing teams.

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:45 PM
TheFatGoth

I'd rather he go to city or Liverpool than Tufty be right about anything tbh

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholesgingersheen
i have got stats to back this up and he's the 4th highest scorer for his age in premier league history after playing for west brom and everton, try to pick holes in it all you want but only rooney, owen and fowler have more goals than him by 23, and that includes ronaldo and kane.

By 23 thierry henry had 57 career goals in all comps, falcao had around 75, diego costa had 40, batistuta had around 60, shevchenko had 121, lukaku has 144.

So even if it was "minnow bashing" (it's not) he's better at it than most playing for mid table nothing teams.

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:53 PM
gav81

Don't want - his decision making against United last week was awful.

Unread 16-04-2017, 12:36 AM
MagnificentSeven

a big belgian lad playing well for everton. sign him up, what could possibly go wrong?

Unread 16-04-2017, 12:43 AM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
a big belgian lad playing well for everton. sign him up, what could possibly go wrong?

Unread 16-04-2017, 06:41 AM
puressence

absolute beast quick strong always plays .. and a better option than a player wearing an alice band ..although im sure lukaku will have worn one years ago

Unread 16-04-2017, 06:49 AM
Bunker Buster

Minnow basher, no thanks....

Unread 16-04-2017, 07:33 AM
saffers

24 league goals, really underwhelming.

And he has scored many times against Chelsea, City, United.

Unread 16-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
24 league goals, really underwhelming.

And he has scored many times against Chelsea, City, United.
You rate him ? Fancy him at united ?

Unread 16-04-2017, 07:40 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You rate him ? Fancy him at united ?
Been calling for both Lucky Luka and Griezzer for almost a year pal

Quote:
Dont care about his touch, kid's a goalmachine

Need both lukaku and griezzou next year

Unread 16-04-2017, 07:43 AM
Coracao

Get the Rooster in

Unread 16-04-2017, 07:43 AM
puressence

we would be 12 points better off with a ftb in the team

Unread 16-04-2017, 07:44 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Been calling for both Lucky Luka and Griezzer for almost a year pal
Fair play.....

I'm struggling to raise wood for the pair of them...

Unread 16-04-2017, 07:45 AM
saffers

Quote:
Fair play.....

Griezzou 7 Ibra 9 Lukaku 10

New holy trinity 2017/18

Unread 16-04-2017, 11:20 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Fair play.....

yeah, me too.
especially as we have to get it right this summer.

To me Lukaku looks like an 'out ball' player for a struggling team.
No real finesse in his game. Just pace & power.

He was a threat against us the other week but he never got his head up once on those counter attacks. If he had have done we'd have lost the game nqat

Not for me.

Not that I have any alternatives. It's slim pickings these days.
Quality footballers are few & far between.
We need to get out of this 5th-7th place quagmire as soon as £#%&!ing possible though because it's starting to feel like familiar territory.

Unread 16-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Child of Darkness

That Italian lad at Southampton looked £#%&!ing brilliant in the cup final .

Gariboldi or something . Reminded me of Ruud .... Sigh

Unread 16-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
yeah, me too.
especially as we have to get it right this summer.

To me Lukaku looks like an 'out ball' player for a struggling team.
No real finesse in his game. Just pace & power.

He was a threat against us the other week but he never got his head up once on those counter attacks. If he had have done we'd have lost the game nqat

Not for me.

Not that I have any alternatives. It's slim pickings these days.
Quality footballers are few & far between.
We need to get out of this 5th-7th place quagmire as soon as £#%&!ing possible though because it's starting to feel like familiar territory.
the selection of centre forwards around the world now, not just in the premier league, is awful.

Go back to the mid/late 90s and the game was spoilt for top class central strikers. Cole, Yorke, Bergkamp, Shearer, Owen in England, Italy had Batistuta, Bierhoff, Crespo, Ronaldo...Spain Raul, Morientes, Claudio Lopez, Kluivert.....

Now what is it? 35 year old Zlatan, Harry Kane in England...in Spain Suarez, Benzema.... same one or two players every season.

Unread 16-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
the selection of centre forwards around the world now, not just in the premier league, is awful.

Go back to the mid/late 90s and the game was spoilt for top class central strikers. Cole, Yorke, Bergkamp, Shearer, Owen in England, Italy had Batistuta, Bierhoff, Crespo, Ronaldo...Spain Raul, Morientes, Claudio Lopez, Kluivert.....

Now what is it? 35 year old Zlatan, Harry Kane in England...in Spain Suarez, Benzema.... same one or two players every season.
Italy
Holland
France

??

There's still some top strikers around....a lot of youth and established players..

The contracts, agents, release clauses etc seem to big a lot of this down these days..
Closed Thread