United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-09-2012, 07:01 AM
HERTS_RED

He's off again

Rodgers added: “Desire, will, perseverance, persistence — they were words that were flashing back to me as I was driving home that night.
“I knew the task I had when I took the job here but last night has given me greater pride, responsibility and drive.
“I’ve got a determination to bring some sort of happiness to the people who have suffered for so long.
“As the leader of a club like this, your duty isn’t just to your players, it’s to provide hope for supporters.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz26QPzcK6r

Unread 14-09-2012, 07:05 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
“As the leader of a club like this,

Unread 14-09-2012, 07:07 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
He's off again

Rodgers added: “Desire, will, perseverance, persistence — they were words that were flashing back to me as I was driving home that night.
“I knew the task I had when I took the job here but last night has given me greater pride, responsibility and drive.
“I’ve got a determination to bring some sort of happiness to the people who have suffered for so long.
“As the leader of a club like this, your duty isn’t just to your players, it’s to provide hope for supporters.”

It's getting silly now ffs.

He is absolutely desperate to be a "Shankly", isn't he?

He makes me cringe to £#%&!. Hope Sunderland do them tomorrow.

Unread 14-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Father Christmas

Quote:
He's off again

He could be the greatest WUM of all time.

Unread 14-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Pop

Quote:
£#%&!ing big nosed @#%&!. Pity he didn't plough into a £#%&!ing telephone pole and get launched 200 yards through the windscreen and decapitaed.

And then run over for good measure.

Unread 14-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

rodgers is a joke. He makes phil brown look dignified.

Unread 14-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
£#%&!ing big nosed @#%&!. Pity he didn't plough into a £#%&!ing telephone pole and get launched 200 yards through the windscreen and decapitaed.

And then run over for good measure.
What, and give the scousers another martyr to grieve over?

'If only Brendan hadn't died that night he'd have led us to the greatest times in our history, he'd have knocked mr ferguson off his £#%&!ing perch, welling up here just writing this la....' etc, etc ad infinitum....

Unread 14-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
What, and give the scousers another martyr to grieve over?

'If only Brendan hadn't died that night he'd have led us to the greatest times in our history, he'd have knocked mr ferguson off his £#%&!ing perch, welling up here just writing this la....' etc, etc ad infinitum....
'It was a pity that when Brendan crashed into that bus stop and killed all those kids, our reputation was damaged'

Unread 14-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
'It was a pity that when Brendan crashed into that bus stop and killed all those kids, our reputation was damaged'
After brendad died yesterday we plead with those manchester united supporters to stop those songs that mock Brendan's death which we've been subjected to over the years.

Unread 14-09-2012, 10:00 AM
irk

Quote:
but if those pesky kids hadn't been standing there in the first place...

Unread 14-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
but if those pesky kids hadn't been standing there in the first place...
They were a contributing factor, NQAT.

Unread 14-09-2012, 11:55 AM
shenwen

Quote:
not to worry, they'd have a justice inquiry chaired by jimmy corkhill

Unread 14-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
not to worry, they'd have a justice inquiry chaired by jimmy corkhill
And Brendan Rodgers.

Unread 14-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Ethers

I dare anyone to read this and not vomit.

Quote:
It was when Brendan Rodgers finally left the Hillsborough vigil at St George’s Hall, having talked to the families of the 96 fans who perished on the Leppings Lane End, that he became fully aware of the extensive pastoral duties expected of the Liverpool manager. “I drove away feeling a greater responsibility to these people,” said Rodgers.

Being Liverpool manager is so much more than a sporting assignment, so much more than simply preparing 11 men physically, mentally and tactically for 90 minutes of footballing combat.

Being Liverpool manager involves providing a beacon of constancy and support for a community in times of turbulence and tragedy.

Liverpool are not unique; all supporters demand their managers give heart and soul to the club as well as their footballing brains. But Anfield has a long history of manager as mentor.

From Bill Shankly to Bob Paisley, through Kenny Dalglish to Rafa Benítez and now Rodgers, the Liverpool manager is required to lead, counsel, inspire and console as well as coach. He is the man for all reasons.

“It is a way of life,” said Rodgers of the office of Liverpool manager. “You carry a city and people’s hopes here. I also think that the club has to look for certain types of managers. That is something that is either inherent in you or not.”

Liverpool look for qualities like strength of character, a degree of selflessness and an ability to engage easily with the local congregation who view Anfield as a place of worship.

“It is about people,” continued Rodgers. “It is about human needs and sometimes that can get lost within football. You know tactics and techniques but the people you remember in your life are actually the people who said something humane to you and gave you hope.

As a leader of a club such as Liverpool Football Club your duty is not just to the players but to provide hope for your supporters.”

An emotional contract exists with the fans as well as a financial contract with the club.

Unread 14-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Jack Duckworth

it's this blustering @#%&! ever planning on shutting the £#%&! up and winning a few football matches?

Unread 14-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
I also think that the club has to look for certain types of managers. That is something that is either inherent in you or not
Actually agree with him there. If you're not a deluded up your own arse prat you wont get an interview.

Unread 14-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
it's this blustering @#%&! ever planning on shutting the £#%&! up and winning a few football matches?
He's too busy driving around Liverpool in a Mondeo handing out rub jobs to anyone in an LFC shirt.

Unread 14-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Zorg

They're going to worship this #@&%! aren't they.

In fact, I bet Benitez is already fuming. A few more months of these soundbites and he'll be selling tickets to his shows door-to-door. 'Hi, remember me? I'm Raf-' *slam*

Unread 14-09-2012, 06:40 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
...the extensive pastoral duties expected of the Liverpool manager
ffs

Unread 14-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
They're going to worship this #@&%! aren't they.

In fact, I bet Benitez is already fuming. A few more months of these soundbites and he'll be selling tickets to his shows door-to-door. 'Hi, remember me? I'm Raf-' *slam*
Closed Thread