United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
On an actual united board this was posted.....

Folk doing 'scenarios'

Absolute States, just glad watcher isn't here to read this....he'd bookmark it for sure.
iirc, saffers even did an imaginary quote from mourinho during his first press conference a while back. the lad's one step away from doing that weird fan fiction that liverpool fans do.

Unread 10-02-2016, 09:34 PM
andyroo

A new low

Unread 10-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Can see a few off here getting one of these done with Jose and them in it. no £#%&!ing about though unlike the Lfc picture - the Jose one clearly showing jose's hand tugging them off.

Jesus h £#%&!ing Christ what is Scouse saffers DOING ???

Unread 10-02-2016, 10:04 PM
S/Side.Red

United will have to do something about this, surely? Halfway through the season with plenty to play for and all the attention being piled onto the summer and changes. Not only is it getting very boring, but it has to be a distraction when we've got important games. Reminds me very much of Real Madrid, where the eye is always off the ball because everyone expects changes at the end of every season. Circus.

Surely Mou's camp know that, and the extent to which these leaks unsettle the club. Doesn't seem the wisest move to me.

Unread 10-02-2016, 10:15 PM
92ToBury

£#%&!ing hell. Is there a group £#%&! going on over at Redcafe?

Unread 10-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

One slight difference being that LvG is actually our manager tbf.

Unread 10-02-2016, 11:14 PM
Venceremos

Faria is a fitness coach not an assistant.

Unread 10-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Silkyray

Love the way everyone assumes giggs contributes nothing.

Unread 10-02-2016, 11:33 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:

Unread 10-02-2016, 11:38 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 11-02-2016, 12:06 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
Faria is a fitness coach not an assistant.
Technically yes, though he is an assistant to a large degree, but Mourinho has always had multiple assistants. Faria and Brito, Clarke, Bergomi, Karanka, that bloke who sat on the bench with him at Chelsea this season. Like LvG, he takes an assistant affiliated with the club.

So Faria's arrival would have no impact on Giggs at all.

Unread 11-02-2016, 12:59 AM
mkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkyray
What do you think he contributes Silkyray?

Unread 11-02-2016, 01:31 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkyray
It is slightly strange, I haven't got a clue what type of coach he is, or what type of football he'd want his teams to play. Judging him off of that documentary is also a bit odd, we'd probably see similar types of meetings at all clubs, no matter how many sages are part of the set up, like most high paying professions, when you peek behind the curtain, you're shocked to see that it's not some other worldly alchemy being performed, it's all very ordinary.

As for him needing to £#%&! off to prove himself, why should he ffs, he's probably smart enough to know going down that road wouldn't lead back to United. The biggest mistake he made was becoming an assistant. He should have done something at the club away from the first team to get used to being his own man.

Unread 11-02-2016, 02:04 AM
Silkyray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkr
What do you think he contributes Silkyray?
I obviously don't know but I doubt Giggsy is the type to settle for an easy life. Someone who has defied the odds of fitness to have a very very long and competitive career. Someone who has been driven enough to contribute hugely over our most successful period ever. It just doesn't add up that he's only there for the gravy.

I don't think for a minute he would have been comfortable sitting alongside Moyes or LvG given that everything he's ever really known in football was about to change for ever. I think he's the type that strives for a challenge and has the strong self belief and arrogance to achieve it. Even having a go on his sis in law is kind of testament to that.

He's serving his time and most likely the man who gets between the manager and the players. Time will tell for him though I just can't want him to fail and I'll never understand why any red would.

Unread 11-02-2016, 02:14 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Love to have seen him chin the @#%&!.

Hope we make it a deal breaker that he's not included.

Unread 11-02-2016, 03:12 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

I'd try and persuade Giggsy to stay on as number 2. Maybe make him responsible for the academy. Either way, why would Giggsy have to leave if/as and when Jose takes over in the summer. They'd make a great team imho.
£#%&! off you idiot. Giggs needs to £#%&! off

Unread 11-02-2016, 03:58 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

It would break the deal. Faria has been friends with Mourinho for twenty years and been with him every step of management.

Unread 11-02-2016, 05:34 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It would break the deal. Faria has been friends with Mourinho for twenty years and been with him every step of management.
Assistant managers shouldn't be acting like that. It was the same with Carver when Pardew was manager at Newcastle; always getting involved, didn't know his place.

If Faria was the sticking point on him getting the United job or not, he wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Unread 11-02-2016, 08:01 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Assistant managers shouldn't be acting like that. It was the same with Carver when Pardew was manager at Newcastle; always getting involved, didn't know his place.

If Faria was the sticking point on him getting the United job or not, he wouldn't bat an eyelid.
Absolutely no chance. Mourinho is fiercely loyal to his staff. He met Faria in Barcelona and took him to Leiria, Porto, Chelsea, Inter, Real, Chelsea. Same with the goalkeeping coach. Another coach, Morais, has worked with him at Inter, Real and Chelsea.

One of the reasons he fell out with AVB was supposed betrayal by leaving the group without talking it through or something. His little crew are vital to him and he'd take it very personally if Faria wasn't allowed to come. And I suspect he would £#%&! us off.

No idea why we're even discussing this though because United wouldn't make that condition

Unread 11-02-2016, 12:04 PM
saffers

Quote:

Closed Thread