United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2007, 07:12 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's £#%&! all to do with the title right now. Infact if Fergie doesn't do this again we will piss the league. He has done this before a game when we have already qualified in Europe. Imagine him once the F.A Cup and European Cup knock out starts?

I get a horrible feeling Fergie is going to blow it.

you know, there are two teams in a game, it doesn't soley depend on us or fergie. if anyone deserves a bit of grief it's tevez and i wouldn't personally be too harsh on him.

giggs wasn't exactly a risk, neither was nani. Hargreaves played well and if you want to really get a positive from ronny's abscence then hargy taking the freekicks is deffo one. If ronaldo needed a rest or if he has a slight knock surely leaving him out against a team that kick lumps out of flair players is good managment.

I doubt there was many people in football who looked at that team selection and thought it was poor.

as for the fa cup etc, we have Park, Scholes, Gary Nev, Fletcher, oshea, simpson, cambell, Eto and probably Anelka.

Unread 24-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Giggs was abysmal, he just hates challenging for anything.
It's ironic that he is going for Charlton's record, because Charlton morphed into a lazy coward towards the end too. nft.

Unread 24-11-2007, 07:18 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
as for the fa cup etc, we have Park, Scholes, Gary Nev, Fletcher, oshea, simpson, cambell, Eto and probably Anelka.

Unread 24-11-2007, 07:36 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
you know, there are two teams in a game, it doesn't soley depend on us or fergie. if anyone deserves a bit of grief it's tevez and i wouldn't personally be too harsh on him.

giggs wasn't exactly a risk, neither was nani. Hargreaves played well and if you want to really get a positive from ronny's abscence then hargy taking the freekicks is deffo one. If ronaldo needed a rest or if he has a slight knock surely leaving him out against a team that kick lumps out of flair players is good managment.

I doubt there was many people in football who looked at that team selection and thought it was poor.

Yep so more changes. Great.

Unread 24-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
It's £#%&! all to do with the title right now. Infact if Fergie doesn't do this again we will piss the league. He has done this before a game when we have already qualified in Europe. Imagine him once the F.A Cup and European Cup knock out starts?

I get a horrible feeling Fergie is going to blow it.
Your shit stinks pal

Take a look at the line-up for Villa away

Unread 24-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Coracao

When Rooney is missing, Ronaldo needs to start. And vice versa.

To start without these two, Vidic & scholes and then Anderson on the bench is suicidal.

I've never been convinced on carrick, but right now he is 4th in a 2 man midfield when everyone is fit.

Unread 24-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

I'd play Anderson every game just now.

But Hargreaves and Carrick is not too shabby, let's be honest.

Unread 24-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I'd play Anderson every game just now.

Not shabby isn't £#%&!ing good enough. Neither offered anything going forward. They were an uncreative pair of £#%&!ing clowns all day.

I expect far more from a Manchester United midfielder. The difference between the pair and Anderson was evident as soon as he came on.

Unread 24-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Ether

Quote:

On paper maybe, but they've looked pretty shabby in the (admittedly limited) time they've played together this season.

Unread 24-11-2007, 08:34 PM
legendary saf

Hargreaves is a mess tbh, all he does is run. No point using him against crap like Bolton.

Carrick was poor today but he's much better player than this, if Scholesys not fit/avaliable then our CM's should be Carrick - Anderson, and if its a big away game against the top 3 or a important CL knock out tie, play 3 in the middle and add Hargreaves to it where he can do what he is supposed to do, stopping talented players playing,

Unread 24-11-2007, 08:40 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not shabby isn't £#%&!ing good enough. Neither offered anything going forward. They were an uncreative pair of £#%&!ing clowns all day.

I expect far more from a Manchester United midfielder. The difference between the pair and Anderson was evident as soon as he came on.
Bit harsh that. carrick plays a defensive role next to scholes and anderson so you can't expect him to turn into ronaldhino when hargreaves is playing alongside him. it takes time.

when you consider that a quarter of our first 11 are in their debut seasons, our right back is a centre half, being in contention in both the league and europe is a sucess in itself

Unread 24-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Bit harsh that. carrick plays a defensive role next to scholes and anderson so you can't expect him to turn into ronaldhino when hargreaves is playing alongside him. it takes time.

when you consider that a quarter of our first 11 are in their debut seasons, our right back is a centre half, being in contention in both the league and europe is a sucess in itself
Carrick is not in his debut season.

And passing to a red shirt isn't that difficult.

He does not impose himself whatsoever.

He doesn't stick his foot in and win enough tackles.

He doesn't bomb forward and get into the box.

Last season, is last season. It means £#%&! all.

This season he has been poor. Anderson should be picked ahead of him everytime.

It is Anderson and ANOTHER.

Already.

And he is £#%&!ing 19!

Unread 24-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Carrick and Hargreaves is not too shabby.

Another day, in another game, it will work just fine whether Ronaldo and Rooney are playing or not.

Today too many players didn't turn up for the first half. There's nothing to say a different line-up would've changed that.

That 1st half was as dire a football match as I can remember just now. I'd take the defeat a bit more easily if I'd had the pleasure of watching United give some of it back with interest like the old days as well btw

Unread 25-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

The entire team was shite today, at the back they looked lethargic, in the middlefield they lacked creativity and up front our forwards showed no teeth.

Tevez is supposed to be a striker, it's all well and good helping the midfield and working hard but when you are given an opportunity from about 2 yards out you simply must deliver, thats what a strikers job is, everything else is a bonus.

Anderson tried to rally the troops when he came on but as usual this was a substitution made far to late.

Not a big deal though, united will bounce back - we always do.

Unread 25-11-2007, 12:13 AM
dunk

We did exactly the same thing at Westam last season. And Pompey. And Reading. And Arsenal.

Shit Happens.

It wouldn't be United if it didn't.

Unread 25-11-2007, 12:21 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Carrick is not in his debut season.

And passing to a red shirt isn't that difficult.

He does not impose himself whatsoever.

He doesn't stick his foot in and win enough tackles.

He doesn't bomb forward and get into the box.

Last season, is last season. It means £#%&! all.

This season he has been poor. Anderson should be picked ahead of him everytime.

It is Anderson and ANOTHER.

Already.

And he is £#%&!ing 19!
carrick is not in his debut season but the other are who he's playing with, carrick can passlike scholes and yes,that is hard.

Unread 25-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
as usual this was a substitution made far to late.
Yes fancy changing it on 59 minutes

to late what, anyway?

Unread 25-11-2007, 03:57 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Yes fancy changing it on 59 minutes

to late what, anyway?
Was surprised there were not changes at half time, we were just dead, it was so obvious that we needed an injection of energy and that anderson should be the one providing it, i would have given him the whole second half or even brought him on before the end of the first half.

No disrespect to Carrick, who i think is a very good footballer and has the ability to spray some superb balls around, but today he was non existent, i dont know whats happend to the lad, seems like a lack of confidence or maybe he's intimidated by the new faces that have arrived i'm not sure but he needs to sort it out quickly. Fair £#%&!s to fergie, he gave Carrick the nod over anderson and tried to show some faith in him but imo if Carrick is on the bench for the next game he can have no complaints. £#%&!ing Campo man of the match, puts hargreaves and carrick in his back pocket, unbelievable.

Unread 25-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Tumescent Throb

I've heard that Carrick has had a slight problem with his arm lately.

Ferguson's substitutions rarely happen until early second half because the players are all good enough to click at any time.
Closed Thread