United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-12-2019, 09:36 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
really hope we get the @#%&!s in the Europa League at some point this season...£#%&!ing donkey

Unread 24-12-2019, 04:58 AM
Patty_b

£#%&! off you absolute Heskey with a bit more pace.

Mute that absolute shite as well.

Unread 24-12-2019, 09:42 AM
dunk

Was over for him when he got the hump halfway through his first season.

Unread 24-12-2019, 11:38 AM
utd99

Can’t recall the last time I saw a man that big be that fragile. Maybe John Coffey.

Unread 24-12-2019, 12:13 PM
windy waffles

Is he still officially our player?

Unread 24-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Is he still officially our player?
We sold him to Inter in the summer for £74m, so no. No he isn't

Unread 24-12-2019, 12:20 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Unread 24-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

The lad is just broken.

Unread 24-12-2019, 12:30 PM
d_knight

This is what de gea must have felt after that fumble.

Unread 24-12-2019, 12:31 PM
ryanMUFC

I think he has a point.

Ole manages a side that loses to Watford, Palace and West Ham and you get people adamant that he needs backing and time. Rom was a donkey whenever he missed a chance.

There’s a reason why we didn’t lose anything on him, he’s one of the best out there.

Unread 24-12-2019, 12:42 PM
dunk

He’s crap.

Unread 24-12-2019, 12:47 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He’s crap.
but Ryan said he's one of the best out there mate.

Unread 24-12-2019, 12:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
but Ryan said he's one of the best out there mate.
Shocked

Unread 24-12-2019, 12:52 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I think he has a point.

Ole manages a side that loses to Watford, Palace and West Ham and you get people adamant that he needs backing and time. Rom was a donkey whenever he missed a chance.

There’s a reason why we didn’t lose anything on him, he’s one of the best out there.
He’s horrendous. I don’t think a game went by where I didn’t want to punch him in his massive head; even the ones he scored in. His first touch is laughable. I can almost guarantee that in the next few years, as younger players come through and make names for themselves, he will be very quickly forgotten about in the grand scheme of things.

Unread 24-12-2019, 12:57 PM
utd99

He scored 28 goals in 66 league appearances which, counting doubles, meant he scored in probably a third of his games at best. Of the two-thirds that remain there were plenty of times he was god awful; balls bouncing off shins, shanks and horrible link up play.

That’s not to say he was a total bust, and you could see how under the right circumstances he could be a great asset for a team who needs a goalscorer to finish off the moves they’re already creating rather than relying on him to participate in the actual creation. Some match ups just don’t work, and Lukaku to United didn’t work. We paid a lot of money for him to make us better, yet all we hear is how we made him worse. Does anyone look in the mirror any more?

Unread 24-12-2019, 01:05 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s horrendous. I don’t think a game went by where I didn’t want to punch him in his massive head; even the ones he scored in. His first touch is laughable. I can almost guarantee that in the next few years, as younger players come through and make names for themselves, he will be very quickly forgotten about in the grand scheme of things.
He was the best option we had at the time and still better than any of the options we have now. Goalscorers miss chances, it’s how it is. He also had/has areas to improve on but I think he’s shown his worth.

Used to feel the same frustration with Berbatov.. they’ve been taught how to play to their strengths and not to play how someone in the crowd or on a forum wants to see them play.

Unread 24-12-2019, 01:08 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
He was the best option we had at the time and still better than any of the options we have now. Goalscorers miss chances, it’s how it is. He also had/has areas to improve on but I think he’s shown his worth.

Used to feel the same frustration with Berbatov.. they’ve been taught how to play to their strengths and not to play how someone in the crowd or on a forum wants to see them play.
I bet if we had him lumbering up front for us against City and Spurs we wouldn’t have won those games, and we certainly would have lacked the pacey counter-attacking style we utilised to beat them.

Martial probably has a better goal to game ratio. Rashford has come on leaps and bounds. And greenwood is already someone I’d much prefer up front to Lukaku.

Unread 24-12-2019, 01:17 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I bet if we had him lumbering up front for us against City and Spurs we wouldn’t have won those games, and we certainly would have lacked the pacey counter-attacking style we utilised to beat them.

Martial probably has a better goal to game ratio. Rashford has come on leaps and bounds. And greenwood is already someone I’d much prefer up front to Lukaku.
Maybe if we had him lumbering up top for us we wouldn’t have been beaten by Watford, Palace, West Ham and Bournemouth.

My point is that he isn’t a terrible player and that he wasn’t shown the support he deserved from the fans during his time here. I never thought he was the perfect match for us but at the same time it’s nice to see him do well elsewhere.

Unread 24-12-2019, 01:23 PM
utd99

Quote:
Maybe if we had him lumbering up top for us we wouldn’t have been beaten by Watford, Palace, West Ham and Bournemouth.

My point is that he isn’t a terrible player and that he wasn’t shown the support he deserved from the fans during his time here. I never thought he was the perfect match for us but at the same time it’s nice to see him do well elsewhere.

Unread 24-12-2019, 01:39 PM
signed dc

Quote:

Berbatov’s strength was that he was a sublime footballer, this carthorse’s strength was that his goal scoring record wasn’t as appalling as his control and all round game.
Closed Thread