United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Default After the impending sale of a player who is effectively a forward

Our midfield looks seriously £#%&!ing weak. Especially if we play as a 4. Or will we continue with a mixture of formations that were built to suit are departing player?

Park - Carrick - Fletch - Nani

as it stands?

That's a tad worrying if we're being honest. We need to buy seriously and clinically this summer because that isn't as good as most top sides.

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:32 PM
MUFC One Love

Tbh the midfield was a worry even if Ronaldo stayed. That's why I think the sale of Ronaldo will help us 'cos we can sign good players to strengthen.

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:32 PM
BarryX

we will still, essentially, have the same midfield as the one that won our last two leagues, 1 champions league, and 1 world club trophy (bearing in mind your own reference towards he who leaves as being a forward). you have also forgotten Anderson, who on his day, looks the part, and Cougar, who on his day eats the parts. Tosic/Possebon coming through as well.

Coupled to the above mentioned facts a reported 111 million to piss about with, I think the futures looking rosey.

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:34 PM
wiganste

Joey Barton could be the answer. No wum
the no wum was a lie

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Ether

I agree Shrekkers. Especially when you take into account the fact that Giggs will likely play even less, as will Scholes, if he's still here.

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:41 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Joey Barton could be the answer. No wum
the no wum was a lie
Have you been drinking?

bitch, missed the white bit

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Crumps

Think it's safe to say that a million or two of the impending eighty may be spent on strengthening that particular area.

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
we will still, essentially, have the same midfield as the one that won our last two leagues, 1 champions league, and 1 world club trophy (bearing in mind your own reference towards he who leaves as being a forward). you have also forgotten Anderson, who on his day, looks the part, and Cougar, who on his day eats the parts. Tosic/Possebon coming through as well.

Coupled to the above mentioned facts a reported 111 million to piss about with, I think the futures looking rosey.
Our last two leagues owed a lot (by no means all) to one player scoring 50 league goals across the two campaigns and less on our inpspiring midfield. Said midfield was also rejuvinated by 34 and 35 year olds intermittently and a lot of the time failed to break sides down.

I like Carrick (a lot) and the others are good squad players, but we need some changes in there.

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:49 PM
toseeunited

£#%&!ing missing hargo!!

he would be taking free kicks as well now

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Our last two leagues owed a lot (by no means all) to one player scoring 50 league goals across the two campaigns and less on our inpspiring midfield. Said midfield was also rejuvinated by 34 and 35 year olds intermittently and a lot of the time failed to break sides down.

I like Carrick (a lot) and the others are good squad players, but we need some changes in there.
Fact.

The first of the 3 titles was built on a fantastic partnership between Carrick and Scholes, and a Phenomenal season from Ronaldo and 6 brilliant months from Saha. None are now available.

The 2nd owed primarily to ridiculous amounts of goals from Ronaldo.

The 3rd to stunning defending and scrappy 1-0 wins.

This is a worrying trend.

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Ether

I think people are building up the return of Hargo far too much tbh. He hardly set the world alight for us when he was 'fit', and in the 2nd half of the season ended up being juggled in various positions.

I'm not quite sure what people are expecting from him when, or indeed if, he makes it back after a massive lay-off.

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:54 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Fact.

The first of the 3 titles was built on a fantastic partnership between Carrick and Scholes, and a Phenomenal season from Ronaldo and 6 brilliant months from Saha. None are now available.

would this make the 4th the sweetest of all of them? (out of the latest wins)

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:56 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Yes. We need midfielders that don't come apart the moment the opposition press them and deny them space for starters. Definitely need a top class attacking midfielder/playmaker. Carrick, Anderson and Fletcher are decent enough, but we need more attacking intent. Valencia should add a bit of muscle and pace.

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Switching Off

Strange. Was thinking before that Flectcher doesnt look half as good today as he did the day after the Arse game

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I think people are building up the return of Hargo far too much tbh. He hardly set the world alight for us when he was 'fit', and in the 2nd half of the season ended up being juggled in various positions.

I'm not quite sure what people are expecting from him when, or indeed if, he makes it back after a massive lay-off.
A combative midfielder that carries the ball well, pressures the opposition, give the fullback proper back up and licence to attack more and also offers a threat from set pieces. Plus if we have another right back crisis I'd prefer him there to O'S, Gary Nev and against better teams to Raf.

That is as long as our mis-management of his injury hasn't completely £#%&!ed him.

Unread 11-06-2009, 10:59 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Fact.

Keep the defensive unit together.

Give Scholesy a new contract

BRING BACK SAHA (him and Cougarboy would be a great tag team).

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Fact.

Yes, winning the league is worrying.

I trust Fergie wholeheartedly so my summer shall be doom free.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
A combative midfielder that carries the ball well, pressures the opposition, give the fullback proper back up and licence to attack more and also offers a threat from set pieces. Plus if we have another right back crisis I'd prefer him there to O'S, Gary Nev and against better teams to Raf.

That is as long as our mis-management of his injury hasn't completely £#%&!ed him.
He's a decent player, I'm not denying that, and he brings things to the team. But he failed to make himself a first choice in the centre of midfield on his first season. And I just can't see him coming back after anjury and doing it I'm afraid, especially when you consider the progression of Fletch.

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Dr Gonzo

I think we found out in Rome that our midfield isn't AS good as we thought it was

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Oddly enough i don't think of Hargreaves as a United player
Closed Thread