United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:48 PM
wiganste

Default It's time for Neville to call it a day

He had a shocker today. And in the other games he's played this season he hasn't been much better.

Retire with your dignity intact - he's been £#%&!ing brilliant for 10 years but he's just not good enough now.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:49 PM
MUFC One Love

I agree. He just doesn't look top level class anymore, obviously due to the injury. He was so off the pace today it was embarrassing. Time for Rafael to have a run I think. He's got some bottle Rafael and will be a superb player for us.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Gruber

young rafael showed from the minute he came on who should be the first choice at rb

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Ginners

he really should just hold his hands up and admit he cant do it anymore.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:51 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I agree. He just doesn't look top level class anymore, obviously due to the injury. He was so off the pace today it was embarrassing. Time for Rafael to have a run I think. He's got some bottle Rafael and will be a superb player for us.
His cameo today was outstanding, even without his goal. He get's caught out of position a bit but £#%&! me, he's a hell of a player.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Ed Sullivan

I'm a nostalgic traditionlist at heart, who loves the old English players but completely conceed he shouldn't be playing. Rafael and Wes to be switched around.

TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
he really should just hold his hands up and admit he cant do it anymore.
Or maybe Ferguson as manager of the £#%&!ing team should be the one to stop picking him.

Firswood Red

that is the toughest game he will play in all season, the pace of the game was frightening. Should have been taken off at half time though.

el diablo

yes

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:53 PM
History

Hmm..i seem to remember stuff like this being said a year ago about giggs....

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:53 PM
BarryX

I agree. But only if I can change my Usename to Barry TeSilva

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Hmm..i seem to remember stuff like this being said a year ago about giggs....
Bit different for a right back, no?

And Giggles still showed glimpses of his former self even when the 'tards were on his back. Nev just looks finished.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Tronics

Knee jerk.

G.Nevs is still one of our best RB's.

i'd pick him infront of Brown any day.

Rafael just needs to improve on his defensive qualities and he'll be no1

plus it's his first season @ united, there's no way he'll start all games.

relax people.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:55 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Bit different for a right back, no?

And Giggles still showed glimpses of his former self even when the 'tards were on his back. Nev just looks finished.
If anything Neville should just be coming out of his prime for a defender. Give until the end of the seasons ffs. He's been out for 18 months

Tumescent Throb

Rafael's positioning was poor

mark o

Despite not being at fault for either goal Van Der Sar had another dodgy game again today, time for a change there too,

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:56 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Knee jerk.

G.Nevs is still one of our best RB's.

i'd pick him infront of Brown any day.

Rafael just needs to improve on his defensive qualities and he'll be no1

plus it's his first season @ united, there's no way he'll start all games.

relax people.
It's not a knee jerk. I don't do knee jerks.

He's got nothing to offer the team anymore. Age is against him and when you've been out of the game at his age for '2 weeks' it's hard to come back.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Or maybe Ferguson as manager of the £#%&!ing team should be the one to stop picking him.
Especially as the manager knows he can't play 90 minutes. If you can't play 90 minutes if required, you should not be picked, unless there ere extenuating circumstances.

It's time to put the likes of Rafael and Possebon and, to a lesser extent, Evans, in the team. £#%&! it.

Tiberian

Rafael was brilliant when he came on so much drive and energy. He backs that up with excellent technique and imagination in his passing. With his level of ability I wonder if he will stay a full back though.

Neville struggled badly, nasri turned him inside out and he was constantly struggling with the pace. Add to that a nervousness on the ball and he was especially targetted by Arsenal.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
I'm a nostalgic traditionlist at heart, who loves the old English players but completely conceed he shouldn't be playing. Rafael and Wes to be switched around.
That's half the problem.

One plays until he plays shit or gets injured. Defences need consistency not tinkering.

Neville is well and truly finished.
Closed Thread