United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
I suspect a fair few are faking injuries atm.

Irrespective of what happens to egg head, these players need rooting out and excommunicating.
Rashford picked the peak time for his 'injury', didn't he? Back for the final no doubt - then doing the "Hamstring gone - I need to come off" signs when we're 3 nil down.

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:28 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Rashford picked the peak time for his 'injury', didn't he? Back for the final no doubt - then doing the "Hamstring gone - I need to come off" signs when we're 3 nil down.
You think he'd want to come off after 15 minutes?

My youngest's teacher is a city fan from Salford and this morning said the only chance we have of not getting hammered is to sack ETH before the final. What's the record? City's 6-0 against Watford? If we play even close to how we did last night that's getting beaten.

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
The man’s painful to watch. He’s obviously one of these that scrambles desperately to find any stat he thinks reflects well on us then keeps vomiting it out ad nauseum. “Only four losses” my God… What loser-speak.

Is he really attempting to suggest we’re hard to beat when everyone with a pair of eyes can see we’re one of the easiest teams to play against in the entire league? Even teams like Luton outplay us. What saves us time and again is their lack of quality in finishing us off.

He’s utterly out of his lane, and if he thinks the support is testimony of any kind of approval he must be mad. It’s pure defiance, nothing more.
It’s not even an impressive stat. It’s May. We’ve averaging a defeat every month. Is that meant to he impressive?

And does that mean draws are acceptable? Burnley, Coventry, and Brentford were all embarrassing surrenders of a lead. Bournemouth was utterly abject too and we avoided defeat courtesy of a soft-as-shit penalty

To suggest we’ve been anything other than absolutely awful for the vast majority of the season is disingenuous at best

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:37 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
He wasn't even injured. I saw the replays of that 'tackle' in the semi when he went down and the guy never touched him.

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:39 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
It’s not even an impressive stat. It’s May. We’ve averaging a defeat every month. Is that meant to he impressive?

And does that mean draws are acceptable? Burnley, Coventry, and Brentford were all embarrassing surrenders of a lead. Bournemouth was utterly abject too and we avoided defeat courtesy of a soft-as-shit penalty

To suggest we’ve been anything other than absolutely awful for the vast majority of the season is disingenuous at best
I don't think he knows what to say to be honest. Last season it was easy to be candid when the problems could be pinned on his predecessors.

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:42 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
You think he'd want to come off after 15 minutes?

My youngest's teacher is a city fan from Salford and this morning said the only chance we have of not getting hammered is to sack ETH before the final. What's the record? City's 6-0 against Watford? If we play even close to how we did last night that's getting beaten.
Yeah they will smash that if in the mood

Unread 07-05-2024, 02:00 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Yeah they will smash that if in the mood
we could potentially put out a first team for the final. then, it's just a question of whether 10h picks it.

Unread 07-05-2024, 02:05 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
we could potentially put out a first team for the final. then, it's just a question of whether 10h picks it.
Yeah considering most will be playing first game in at least 2 months,obviously longer in the case of Shaw & Martial I would still be worried

Unread 07-05-2024, 02:11 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes View Post
He wasn't even injured. I saw the replays of that 'tackle' in the semi when he went down and the guy never touched him.
He's suffering from hurt feelings

Unread 07-05-2024, 05:00 PM
BigRonManager

We can only hope that the new people upstairs and whoever they bring in look at things with an unbiased eye and don't buy into the hype, otherwise Rashers and the gang will be free to start work on a 6th victim.

Unread 07-05-2024, 05:51 PM
NedKelly

Get rid of certain players before getting rid of the manager. If he gets sacked and we end up keeping the likes of Rashford, Casemiro, Maguire, Jonny Evans and Martial (I could go on), the same thing will keep happening.

Shit players with good attitudes and good players with shit attitudes - a brief description of Manchester United.

Couldn’t care less if he gets sacked at this point btw. Hope he goes somewhere else and is a success. The clubs a joke.

Unread 07-05-2024, 06:21 PM
BigRonManager

Even if you accept all of his excuses on face value and ignore the frankly ludicrous assertions that don’t jibe in any way with what you’re watching, you’re still left with the undeniable truth that the problems we saw even in the early stages of the season are still happening now with four games to go. He hasn’t found a solution to any of them. He’s even taken to using different syntax (“tactics” became “rules” which became “instructions” which has now become “script”) just to confuse the issue. It’s so £#%&!ing obvious and dishonest.

He did well at Ajax, he may even do well at Bayern Munich, but our situation required a different set of solutions and he just wasn’t up to it. This will be our worst season since the Premier League began. What stat do you think he’ll come up with to obscure that little fact? Or maybe league position has become irrelevant just like shots conceded did.

Unread 07-05-2024, 06:31 PM
Lodestar

Wait until Big Jim says he's spent the transfer fund on new storage for the IT Department.

But seriously, everything on the pitch is the sum total of the ineptitude that has gradually dragged the club down since 2005. Overhaul the entire team and management and they will still find a way to implode.

The Glazers needed to go. Period.

Unread 07-05-2024, 06:45 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Get rid of certain players before getting rid of the manager. If he gets sacked and we end up keeping the likes of Rashford, Casemiro, Maguire, Jonny Evans and Martial (I could go on), the same thing will keep happening.

Shit players with good attitudes and good players with shit attitudes - a brief description of Manchester United.

Couldn’t care less if he gets sacked at this point btw. Hope he goes somewhere else and is a success. The clubs a joke.
Yeah we just can't be keeping them,however fear Rashford will survive due to no one meeting demands

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:15 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Wait until Big Jim says he's spent the transfer fund on new storage for the IT Department.

But seriously, everything on the pitch is the sum total of the ineptitude that has gradually dragged the club down since 2005. Overhaul the entire team and management and they will still find a way to implode.

The Glazers needed to go. Period.
Wow two lighthouses of sense in a sea of piss.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:17 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Maguire can stay. In fact I'd build the defence around him.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:23 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Maguire can stay. In fact I'd build the defence around him.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:25 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
with the scale of work needed on this squad, Harry can stick around. Whilst Martinez may play from the back unfortunately he is a crock and tainted by ETH

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:05 PM
marlo

Unread 08-05-2024, 11:51 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
But apart from being materially worse than any of the other managers who've had the job ever, what's the justification we can cling to for him to stay?

Playing style? Philosophy? General footballing quality?

We're utterly shit. He's doing a bad job. The end.