United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I have total faith in the manager tbh. Smalling has turned his game around completely in the last 3-4 months.

He'll be starting for England soon.

Easy to forget he's only 25.
I was in the 'that better be his last game for us' camp after his sending off against City but he really is our best defender and if nothing else will be a valuable member of the squad next season.

Unread 21-04-2015, 04:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
As Jones (and his contract) expires next season, guess van Gaal isn't convinced by him yet.

With the emergence of Paddy he might be toast in the summer.
He's English, doubt he'll be going anywhere.

Unread 21-04-2015, 04:28 PM
puressence

been 1st class since sunderland game imho .....like the penny dropped that day ..happy for him

Unread 21-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Jack Duckworth

i can't even begin to describe how underwhelmed i am at this news.

Unread 21-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Delighted for Throb...I mean Lispers
yeah i bet that made his £#%&!ing day...

LVG must have liked Hazard's goal i suppose

Unread 21-04-2015, 06:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
yeah i bet that made his £#%&!ing day...

LVG must have liked Hazard's goal i suppose

Unread 21-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
tbf LVG giving each position a specific role has helped all our most criticised players to focus, and to grow in confidence from knowing that they're doing what the manager wants

and there's no way he can afford to get rid of our centre backs if he only plans bringing one more in - we've been down to the bare bones back there too often this season to risk it. and tbf to smalling himself he has improved parts of his game and if LVG does bring in a leader back there AND a ball player then smalling could be a decent back up - he is injured far less often than jones and evans at least

Unread 21-04-2015, 06:19 PM
TheKitchenSink

Decent enough player to have in the team. LVG is getting more out of him than Frogson or Moyes, but £80k a week... jheeze.

Unread 21-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Switching Off

Deserved, but if we came up against Barca with Neymar, Messi and Suarez, wouldn't be too confident he'd handle himself well. Still need a top top centre half.

Unread 21-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I have total faith in the manager tbh. Smalling has turned his game around completely in the last 3-4 months.

He'll be starting for England soon.

Easy to forget he's only 25.
I really thought he was done especially after his stupidity in the Derby at the council house.

Testament to how quality the coaching set up is. Also highlights what a mistake it was not replacing Carlos Q, how good Ferige was at motivating players and what a total and utter failure Moyes was.

I think we will add another centre half in the summer who is more experienced than the current crop to replace the outgoing Evans.

Unread 21-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Deserved, but if we came up against Barca with Neymar, Messi and Suarez, wouldn't be too confident he'd handle himself well. Still need a top top centre half.
£#%&!ing hell. Setting the bar high?!

Unread 21-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
innit.

Like Jones he is a natural defender and a good athlete but has suffered over the last 3 years due to relatively poor coaching, being £#%&!ed about position wise and a lack of midfield in front of him.

Reckon we'd still win the league if we went in to next season with him, Jones, Rojo and McNair being the centre halves in the squad.

I really think Jones will shut some critics up big time over the next couple of seasons thanks to big Lou.

Unread 21-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro

We're United

Unread 21-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Barcabal

Smallingbauer

great turnaround for him

Unread 21-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Cream

Not as good as Rojo.

McNair already looking a better prospect over the next 5 years.

Amazed by the some of plaudits he gets on here.

Guess we're not getting Hummels then.

Unread 21-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Switching Off

Camp as £#%&! on ssn

Unread 21-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Red Al

Looks like smalling,Jones,mad Marcos and a new worldy CB for next season

Evans looks £#%&!ed then

Unread 21-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Looks like smalling,Jones,mad Marcos and a new worldy CB for next season

Evans looks £#%&!ed then
Since his loan spells he has probably been our best defender on the ball bar Rio but he has well and truly shown himself up when he should have been the one who struggled the least with the new tactics.

Will be a great signing for most clubs outside the top 6 teams though.

Unread 21-04-2015, 10:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Top goalscorer for all PL defenders.
And some Arsenal forwards.

Unread 21-04-2015, 10:33 PM
ZiggyStardust

The mad Dutch bastard

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152912912437746&id=77245427 45&refid=17&_ft_
Closed Thread