United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
My point is that it's a myth that Fergie has some magical powers to turn injury prone or difficult players into legends. He's done it once with Cantona. If we hadn't signed Berbatov we'd get told that Fergie would have instilled a sense of urgency and got the best out of him.
I was talking about young talents. Knowing when to play them, and when to give them a rest. Resisting the temptation to play them every game at a young age, which I feel has been partly responsible for Owen's problems. He's done it with Giggs, Beckham, Scholes etc and they've all gone on to long succesful careers at the highest level. And that's partly down to his careful management when they were youngsters.

He's done it with Ronnie and Rooney, and I'm sure both will see the benefits in the future.

Unread 22-12-2008, 07:33 PM
It's just a flesh wound

He's a scouse (Welsh) @#%&! who is about as dangerous as Andy Johnson, now that he lost his only asset, which was his pace.

Oh and his injury record makes Louis Saha look like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable
Closed Thread