United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-07-2022, 06:19 PM
Finport Red

Default Sir Alex Ferguson is BACK at Man United!

Sir Alex Ferguson is BACK at Man United! Richard Arnold hands iconic boss and other legendary figures - including Bryan Robson - a formal role in helping with all aspects of the club

Sir Alex Ferguson has been appointed to a think-tank at Manchester United
He now has more influence at Old Trafford than at any point since his retirement
Richard Arnold has appointed the Scot to tap into his wealth of experience
The think-tank also consists of Bryan Robson, John Murtough and David Gill
The group will advise on a wide range of issues such as redeveloping Carrington

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-rebuild.html

Unread 29-07-2022, 06:27 PM
windy waffles

Let the man enjoy retirement FFS...

Unread 29-07-2022, 06:35 PM
tatty

Fergie, Gill and Robson were probably the best in the world at what they did.

But football and footballers has changed since they finished, and their style of commitment, discipline and aggression would probably be an anathema to many modern pro's.

It feels like a backward step that is probably just another PR exercise.

Unread 29-07-2022, 06:36 PM
believe

Not sure which thread to respond to. Remember when we said we’d never end up like the scousers did in the 90’s.

Unread 29-07-2022, 06:38 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Fergie, Gill and Robson were probably the best in the world at what they did.

But football and footballers has changed since they finished, and their style of commitment, discipline and aggression would probably be an anathema to many modern pro's.

It feels like a backward step that is probably just another PR exercise.
I think it’s a good idea. Particularly David Gill. Useful to have all that experience in the background. I think, so long as they all stay out of the way and don’t get involved with what Ten Hag wants to do, it could work very well in some parts.

Unread 29-07-2022, 06:46 PM
marlo

this is pic is perfect.

As i said the other day it’s embarrassing how stuck the club is in the past.

Unread 29-07-2022, 06:48 PM
Ethers

Signing of the summer

Unread 29-07-2022, 06:50 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
https://twitter.com/kele901/status/1...uoEc5Q0KvukoxA

this is pic is perfect.

As i said the other day it’s embarrassing how stuck the club is in the past.
I’m pretty sure it was the fans who got upset back in the day when Fergie changed from 4-4-2 but, other than that…

Unread 29-07-2022, 06:59 PM
Arnold Muhren

ETH must’ve signed off on it but it’s not right really is it? Gill will probably add something on the exec/commercial side of things but ffs, let Fergie go. We’re acting worse than the Scousers if anything, at least when they binned Shankly he was proper binned. And as for Robbo - my favourite ever player but what exactly is he bringing to the table in 2022? Baffling.

Unread 29-07-2022, 07:01 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
ETH must’ve signed off on it but it’s not right really is it? Gill will probably add something on the exec/commercial side of things but ffs, let Fergie go. We’re acting worse than the Scousers if anything, at least when they binned Shankly he was proper binned. And as for Robbo - my favourite ever player but what exactly is he bringing to the table in 2022? Baffling.
He’ll probably get injured in the brainstorming session.

Unread 29-07-2022, 07:02 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

PR stunt from Arnold to align himself with club legends, and blur the line between the glory days and Glazer ownership.

Everyone can see the Glazers are the parasite bleeding United dry. Nothing will really change until they're gone.

Unread 29-07-2022, 07:04 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I’m pretty sure it was the fans who got upset back in the day when Fergie changed from 4-4-2 but, other than that…
Still the best formation. Bring it back.

Unread 29-07-2022, 07:05 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Instead of us to bring in a cultured director of football, we’ve brought back the old boys to come and make jokes and laugh for photo opps....while being dated in terms of football input in the modern era.

Unread 29-07-2022, 07:08 PM
est.1878

Drink tank

Unread 29-07-2022, 07:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
because he didn't know what the £#%&! he was doing.

eth gone by christmas. moyes in.
Closed Thread