United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Menace

Default Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

They had soccer saturday with jeff stelling on the other tv, playing over the loudspeaker. All you could hear was Rodney Marsh going apeshit over ronaldo saying this kids going to be amazing.
I remember this. He was going nuts!

I was buzzing for the rest of the day counting down every second until Match of the Day to see what all the fuss was about.

I still remember that first season. So many older top, top, top, top Reds complaining about how he'd never be anything but a one-trick pony and demanding we get rid of him for a more 'productive' player. Idiots.

The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
The header into the ground to make it 3-2?
Yea. That twenty minutes in the 2nd half when we blew them away was class, Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo I completely £#%&!ing lost it when that third went in!

"Are you watching Merseyside"

safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
i never thought i would see a better player than eric in my life time....
Ssshh, dont tell Sullers.

BTW, personally wouldn't want to put the two against eachother. Just put them in the same bracket as United icons, like Keano, Wazza, Scholesy, Giggsy, Ruud, Schmeichel Becks the list goes on. No other club has had so many long serving icons at their clubs for the last 20 years.

All down to the biggest icon of them all, Sir Alex Ferguson.

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons

BTW, personally wouldn't want to put the two against eachother. Just put them in the same bracket as United icons, like Keano, Wazza, Scholesy, Giggsy, Ruud, Schmeichel Becks the list goes on. No other club has had so many long serving icons at their clubs for the last 20 years.

Good post that (just for once) We really are spoilt, aren't we??

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:32 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

not saying i love ronny more just in terms of a player i never thought i would see anything better than eric

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Sparky***

His goal against Porto in the champions league. All i could do was shout "£#%&! me!"

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:35 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Quote:

Great post saffers

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:35 PM
History

Quote:
His goal against Porto in the champions league. All i could do was shout "£#%&! me!"
It was one of those goals where you don't celebrate you just sit there shocked

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:36 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

mini ploppy was watching the game with me and she was tiny. he scored that i jumped up and nearly killed her i was in shock i thought it was some sort of £#%&!ed up joke, amazing simply amazing.

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:38 PM
JakeB

Quote:
I was working at the Emirates that night, they showed that goal on the big screen at half time..whole stadium just gasped, then numerous "£#%&!s sake, that £#%&!er"

Brilliant

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Menace

His free-kick against Arsenal at the Emirates left me speechless.

Tyldesley's words just before he strikes it.

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:40 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I was working at the Emirates that night, they showed that goal on the big screen at half time..whole stadium just gasped, then numerous "£#%&!s sake, that £#%&!er"

Brilliant
Class.

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:44 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaxKJWOVnHc
He's still finishing the sentence when it hits the back of the net ffs

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:46 PM
The Watcher

I loved how much everyone else hated him. When he'd put us in the lead at away games "He plays on the left, he plays on the riiiiight..." would start up and the locals would be fuming

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaxKJWOVnHc
Incredible. I love him, I still can't be mad at him for leaving. 6 wondrous years, more than most clubs get in their history from a player of his ilk.

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:49 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Incredible. I love him, I still can't be mad at him for leaving. 6 wondrous years, more than most clubs get in their history from a player of his ilk.
Exactly, 6 years then get £80m for him when he won everything and wanted to leave. Very few clubs have their best players for a long time, Ronaldo here for that long, Rooney probably gona retire here, Becks, Ruud had their best years at United etc

Ronaldo and Madrid could have tried to £#%&! us over and make us lose him on the cheap like youre seeing now with Mascherano and Barca but clearly Ronaldo told Madrid he would not get involved in stuff like that and they had to pay whatever United demanded.

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Camel

it still pains me to watch him. knowing he's not ours anymore.

that post ages ago, think it was Pop, with the sad dog sums up my opinion on the matter

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:53 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I saw us win every trophy worth winning in club football (and a few beer cups ) with him inspiring us. I'll always love him for that, the great football and the rather ridiculous amount of confidence he had in himself. £#%&! being humble.

"Maybe I'm too good."

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Menace

The fact he flew back to Manchester after signing with Madrid to have a meal with Fergie to say thanks shows his class.

I remember seeing a clip with Rio, Ronaldo and I think Wes being interviewed outside some film premiere. The three were asked what players they liked to watch. Two gave the generic Maradona response whilst Ronnie simply said "I Like to watch myself".

I remember another one of his great lines: "Maybe it's because I'm too good".

He certainly was.

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Sparky***

and this timeless, cringe moment from gary.
Closed Thread