United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Kwik

Default Mourinho

If the opportunity should some day arise do we really want this childish self obsessed @#%&! dragging Utd through the dirt when Ferie calls it a day? I couldn't give a toss what opposing fans, teams or the gutterpress think of Utd but the knife sharpening powers that be at the FA, Uefa or Fifa is another matter altogether. Massive £#%&!er he is. Would be perfectly suited to Madrid or City imho.

Quote:
It's Jose Mourinho versus the world! Italians are fed up with the Inter Milan manager as Chelsea arrive in town

By Des Kelly Last updated at 1:22 AM on 23rd February 2010

Jose Mourinho loves making enemies. He just can't help himself. And in Italy, he has succeeded beyond his wildest dreams.

The self-styled Special One has gone out of his way to trash Italian football, accuse Serie A referees of conspiring to deny his club the title and turn the entire Italian media machine against him. As ever, it's Jose v The World.

That animosity will come to a head in a peculiar twist on Wednesday night when a sizeable proportion of the Italian population pin their hopes on the possibility that their countryman, Carlo Ancelotti, Chelsea's softly-spoken manager, will put Mourinho in his place.
Jose Mourinho

It matters little that Ancelotti is now in charge of an English Premier League club playing against the Serie A champions-elect.

Outside the blue and black half of Milan, the view is that Italian pride will be better served by seeing Mourinho humbled. There is no doubt he is public enemy No 1.

Mourinho is regarded as just too corrosive a character in a league just beginning to recover from the Calciopoli scandal of 2006, where police discovered leading clubs had selected their 'favourite' referees for matches.

Mourinho has no hesitation in exploiting this whenever results or referees' decisions go against Inter, blaming wholesale corruption in officialdom for any setbacks, as he did again on Sunday when two of his players were sent off in a goalless draw.

'We are not playing against Milan, or Rome or Sampdoria,' he said. 'We are playing against "other things".' Mourinho accuses the authorities as if they were 'ostriches, with their heads in the sand'.

Now the Italian game is fighting back. Sampdoria chief executive Beppe Marotta said Mourinho 'creates a nasty climate'. Italian Football Federation vice-president Demetario Albertini accused Mourinho of 'continually throwing dirt at football'. AC Milan general manager Adriano Galliani, former president of the Italian League, went a stage further. 'We cannot continue like this,' he said. 'Mourinho has to stop. His attitude is tantamount to an incitement to violence.'

And so Mourinho has been hit with a three-match touchline ban and £40,000 fine, which is being viewed as the beginning of a long and acrimonious departure from Serie A for the Portuguese coach.

A top Italian writer, who deals with the Inter camp daily, said: 'We don't think he will be here next season and we won't be sorry about that. There are plenty of people around who will drive him to the airport.'

Even allowing for some opportunistic bandwagon jumping by Inter's rivals, there is no doubting the widespread contempt Mourinho's antics inspire.
Jose Mourinho

On Sunday he threw a kit bag over the roof of the Inter dug-out, mimed that he was being slapped in handcuffs, doubled up in sarcastic laughter at some of the officials' decision making and allegedly confronted the referee in the tunnel.

Inter president Massimo Moratti spent yesterday privately apologising for his manager and seeking to calm tempers at the Italian Federation. Moratti enjoys what Mourinho achieves on the pitch, but finds the accompanying mess an embarrassment.

It is a situation Roman Abramovich will be familiar with. Although Mourinho's failures in the Champions League and style of play were said to be the main factors behind the Russian owner's decision to remove him, according to one of his aides Abramovich simply decided Mourinho had become 'unmanageable'.
Samuel Eto'o

There were too many controversies and too many conflicts around the club, and those same quarrelsome distractions are now in danger of running out of control in Milan, where Mourinho is regarded as a never-ending argument. But, oddly, while he seems happy to attract as much opprobrium as possible in Italy, Mourinho has been going out of his way to make diplomatic noises about Chelsea.

He even fired off a text to Abramovich over the weekend. It said: 'Do you need extra tickets, a box or a hotel in Milan?'

Mourinho said: 'Whenever I go to London he's available to give me his support, this time I want to see if he needs something from me.' So does Abramovich get the red-carpet treatment? 'For sure,'nodded the Inter boss on Saturday night.

Mourinho went on studiously to avoid any admission the game is an opportunity for revenge on the club that dumped him two-and-a-half years ago.

'No, there would be no special pleasure,' he said with a straight face. 'I think it's the same for them if they knock me out.'

Having highlighted Chelsea's lack of trophies since his departure and Abramovich's 'grave mistakes' in appointing the likes of Avram Grant since, Mourinho would still have us imagine tomorrow night is little more than another day at the office.

'I'm not especially excited, I promise you,' he says. 'I view it with the same amount of emotion and without any extra nerves or motivation. That's how it is.'

And, no, I don't believe a word of that either. Chelsea have pursued the Champions League for seven years under Abramovich, but the pursuit is nothing measured against Inter's 45-year hunt for Europe's top prize.

It is their Holy Grail. Winning Serie A again will not insulate Mourinho from the consequences of his continual feuding. Inter have won four titles in a row and take it almost for granted that any manager they appoint will claim a fifth successive Scudetto.

But lose again in Europe, as Mourinho did against Manchester United last season, and he will leave Milan a qualified failure.

He is not expected to stay. If Italian football holds Mourinho in contempt, the feeling is undoubtedly mutual. And he has his eye on Real Madrid this summer, rather than a return to the Premier League.

Mourinho believes he will establish himself as an all-time great if he wins championships in the continent's three top leagues - England, Italy and Spain.

He also relishes the chance of usurping Barcelona's dominance, where he worked as Sir Bobby Robson's assistant and some still deride him as 'the interpreter'. But first there is a match to be won.

Does Mourinho think his knowledge of Chelsea gives him an edge? 'I know the Chelsea players very well, but Ancelotti knows Inter. This is his country, this is the place where he was working all his life, so he knows everything about us. I don't think I have an advantage.'

These little vignettes are delivered with the usual array of pouts and 'you have to believe me' expressions that Mourinho pulls when he is being charming. H owever the questions about Chelsea are phrased, however the scenario is put to him, he sticks to an uncharacteristically diplomatic line.

'If a Chelsea player is happier to beat me than to beat another manager I will be very sad to hear it,' he says. 'I wouldn't understand why that would be? 'But I am not sentimental about it. I will face this match like any other.'

Give that man an Oscar. Mourinho always plays a starring role in the movie that is running in his head. Of course, he can afford to say 'this game is not all about me', because he knows full well that it most certainly is.

Unread 23-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Harri Jaffa

Default Re: Mourinho

Mouinho out

Unread 23-02-2010, 04:28 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik
If the opportunity should some day arise do we really want this childish self obsessed @#%&! dragging Utd through the dirt when Ferie calls it a day?
You know when you get the results from those polls that are worded in such a way as to make you answer as the asker wants?

Unread 23-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Spiffy

SAF gets under the skin of some fellow managers and if anything the siege mentality has helped us more over the years than hindered us. If SAF retired tomorrow, I can't see any 'obvious' choice. No one stands out but at least Mourinho is probably the only person who could withstand the pressure of replacing SAF.

Unread 23-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Bral

Agree with Toilet Sniffer tbh. Fergie isn't exactly an angel is he. For me the 3 candidates to replace Fergie are Mourinho, Capello & Hiddink.

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:01 PM
borsuk

moyes please

blanc if he carries on the way he's started

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Kwik

Big difference between the levels of dislike between Fergie and Mourinho. Whereas people don't like Fergie because of his supposed influence on officials through alleged bullying/intimidation or simply pure spite I couldn't really imagine him bigging himself up in press conferences, hiding in German laundry baskets, making daft handcuff (or whatever) gestures from the touchline, throwing kit bags from the dugout, slagging off opposing players, managers, officials, etc.

The silverware may or may not continue under Mourinho but what an embarrassment he'd be.

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Appletango

Mourinho for me.

He's still fairy young to which is an advantage over Cappello/Hiidink etc.

O 'Neill and Moyes are maybe's but lack the experience and dealing with big players etc.

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:16 PM
dunk

*sigh*

Is he really the best option?

Really?

I fear for football if he is tbh.

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:18 PM
programmes?

Capello.

nfft

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Capello.

nfft
Has he not said that England will be his last Managerial position?

He's knocking on a bit.

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:22 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Has he not said that England will be his last Managerial position?

He's knocking on a bit.
Possibly, but the lure of United to someone who can handle the pressure may be too much to ignore.

It's either him or O'Neill.

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Possibly, but the lure of United to someone who can handle the pressure may be too much to ignore.

It's either him or O'Neill.
£#%&! no.

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik
Big difference between the levels of dislike between Fergie and Mourinho. Whereas people don't like Fergie because of his supposed influence on officials through alleged bullying/intimidation or simply pure spite I couldn't really imagine him bigging himself up in press conferences, hiding in German laundry baskets, making daft handcuff (or whatever) gestures from the touchline, throwing kit bags from the dugout, slagging off opposing players, managers, officials, etc.

The silverware may or may not continue under Mourinho but what an embarrassment he'd be.
You could argue that Mourinho wouldn't kick a football boot across the dressing room and into the face of one of his best players. He also questioned the professionalism of Leeds United players which caused Keegans' rant. SAF is seen as someone (rightly or wrongly) who intimidates referees and and encourages his players to do the same (remember the Keane pictures?). The 2 longest bans in English football have been served by SAF's players. We don't care as he's the best manager we could have. You can pick managers apart, especially the successful ones. I've seen people slate Cantona for being a @#%&! but I've never loved a player more than Eric. Bottom line, successful people get forgiven by most people.

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:31 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&! no.
I agree, but he will be young enough and experienced. Can't see Moyes getting it, Everton are too erratic and have been for years.

Larry White is way too inexperienced (top red choice or not), Hiddink isn't good enough, Lippi is too old.

Mourinho is a @#%&! who plays shit football.

So that leaves O'Neill.

Or Benitez. He'll be out of work soon.

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:37 PM
BarryX

Eric

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You could argue that Mourinho wouldn't kick a football boot across the dressing room and into the face of one of his best players. He also questioned the professionalism of Leeds United players which caused Keegans' rant. SAF is seen as someone (rightly or wrongly) who intimidates referees and and encourages his players to do the same (remember the Keane pictures?). The 2 longest bans in English football have been served by SAF's players. We don't care as he's the best manager we could have. You can pick managers apart, especially the successful ones. I've seen people slate Cantona for being a @#%&! but I've never loved a player more than Eric. Bottom line, successful people get forgiven by most people.
Well out of that list Sniffer, I will perhaps concede the Beckham one - tho' Dave being such a media tart didn't help things

Of the rest, he was absolutely and totally right about Leeds - he was also motivated by his respect for Howard Wilkinson.

The two players in question got such long bans *because* they played for us, nqat. In particular, the way that the FA stitched up Eric - encouraging us to ban him until the summer then arbitrarily increasing it - was utterly £#%&!ing disgraceful

The incident with Andy D'Urso was TEN YEARS AGO now - doesn't that tell you something? In fact SAF was absolutely mad with Keane and co and let them know it, one of the reasons there was no repeat (at any rate on that scale)

I must admit though, I *am* half tempted by Mourinho, for all his faults. My main concern in fact is with the football he dishes out, rather than any off field stuff. If he could just understand what was required of him here, it could well work

Not totally convinced by any of the other names banded about, either.......

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well out of that list Sniffer, I will perhaps concede the Beckham one - tho' Dave being such a media tart didn't help things

Of the rest, he was absolutely and totally right about Leeds - he was also motivated by his respect for Howard Wilkinson.

The two players in question got such long bans *because* they played for us, nqat. In particular, the way that the FA stitched up Eric - encouraging us to ban him until the summer then arbitrarily increasing it - was utterly £#%&!ing disgraceful

The incident with Andy D'Urso was TEN YEARS AGO now - doesn't that tell you something? In fact SAF was absolutely mad with Keane and co and let them know it, one of the reasons there was no repeat (at any rate on that scale)

I must admit though, I *am* half tempted by Mourinho, for all his faults. My main concern in fact is with the football he dishes out, rather than any off field stuff. If he could just understand what was required of him here, it could well work

Not totally convinced by any of the other names banded about, either.......
I'm not slating SAF at all. I bet a lot of Mourinho's 'crimes' are also bang on the money. I was just using SAF's perception to demonstrate that most of what's written about managers is probably on closer inspection, %@#$&!s.

Unread 23-02-2010, 05:59 PM
dunk

I'm afraid Fergie is just going to have to carry on until he's 80.

Unread 23-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Sparky***

What with the debt situation, when fergie does retire - the gimps will want someone to take over who is going to guarantee success. Not reaching the latter stages of the champions league every season is simply not an option if they want to sustain the payments.

Either that or they'll sell Rooney and blame it on fergie retiring.
Closed Thread