United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Billy Baroo

Default Re: *Official* United v Norwich Match Thread - Teams & Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Gotta play Welbeck on current form havent you!

Super sub though.
yes

our central midfield is the issue though. no improvement from tuesday

fletcher is a shadow of himself and anderson needs a link player playing alongside him. i made a point of watching anders a fair bit today. he doesn't track runs and when play is wide he is generally walking through the centre circle 30 or 40 yards away

Unread 01-10-2011, 07:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
yep. united players just don't seem to be up for it more than they would another game, while for them it's everything. It's a direct comparison of ability and when they win the giddyness is off the charts
It was a bit like that - only reversed - back in the 1980s, tbh

Unread 01-10-2011, 07:41 PM
wiganste

Very poor again today. We've been shit in our last 2 games and scored 5 goals. Mental

A better team than Norwich would have beaten us today

Unread 01-10-2011, 07:43 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
yes

our central midfield is the issue though. no improvement from tuesday

fletcher is a shadow of himself and anderson needs a link player playing alongside him. i made a point of watching anders a fair bit today. he doesn't track runs and when play is wide he is generally walking through the centre circle 30 or 40 yards away
I say chuck cleverley in if hes fit

perhaps a three of carrick anderson and cleverley

nani welbeck and rooney

Unread 01-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Very poor again today. We've been shit in our last 2 games and scored 5 goals. Mental

A better team than Norwich would have beaten us today
somebody is going to run right over the top of us and give us a walloping if we carry on like this

Unread 01-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Neo

Quote:
i made a point of watching anders a fair bit today. he doesn't track runs and when play is wide he is generally walking through the centre circle 30 or 40 yards away
£#%&! me, I've heard of rush goalie, but that's mental!

Unread 01-10-2011, 07:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Gotta play Welbeck on current form havent you!

Super sub though.
no. because there is no room for him when we play one up front. I mean three up front.

Quote:
I say chuck cleverley in if hes fit

perhaps a three of carrick anderson and cleverley

nani welbeck and rooney
nani rooney and young, surely? that midfield would be ok, although it wouldn't surprise me to see fletch, carrick and giggs.

Unread 01-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
£#%&! me, I've heard of rush goalie, but that's mental!
i see what you did there

don't use the word 'rush' even in jest with relation to ando though

Unread 01-10-2011, 07:58 PM
PaulParkers

Thumbs down Re: *Official* United v Norwich Match Thread - Teams & Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
You still hate Nani?
Magic, change the record FFS you boring tart. We get it I don't rate Nani as highly as some, big £#%&!ing deal. I don't hate him though never have. Hate some of his decisions and antics mind.

Give it rest eh.

Unread 01-10-2011, 08:09 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Magic, change the record FFS you boring tart. We get it I don't rate Nani as highly as some, big £#%&!ing deal. I don't hate him though never have. Hate some of his decisions and antics mind.

Give it rest eh.

Unread 01-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Jethro

Quote:
somebody is going to run right over the top of us and give us a walloping if we carry on like this
The Blue @#%&!s

Unread 01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I'm far from a doomlord and am confident we'll win the league. But that game is probably 75% likely to be 3 points for Liverpool. We haven't competed there at all the last two seasons. It's a new team now, but unless the new players are in it, we won't win it.
Even when we won there the 2 previous seasons we were pretty shit, honestly can't remember the last time we put in a good performance there.
Saying that i'd take a scrappy 1-0 win.

Unread 01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
red in cumbria

The doom on here, FFS

We've just set a record for consecutive home league wins, BTW

Yeah, we were shite - too many not 100% fit and/or badly out of form players in the team. But we *should* be able to put out much better XIs against both ciddy and Vermin. Man up

Unread 01-10-2011, 08:39 PM
utd99

How many times does Anderson give the £#%&!ing ball away?

Almost every game he plays, I can't help superimposing Barcelona's midfield over whoever we are playing and imagining what would happen, and it's never pleasant. If spawny wins over Norwich at home are what we aspire to then fine, but if we hope to take that next step from CL runners up to winners, then we will not do it with the central midfield personnel that were out there today, end of.

Fergie is leaving Carrick and Giggs out of the team at the moment, maybe because he feels that neither are the way forward anymore, he's probably right, but the truth is that both would have done a better job today. You cannot have a central midfield pairing who constantly give the ball away, don't track runners and afford the back four no protection, especially given the personnel issues we have back there.

If Carrick is not the way forward then fine, but don't £#%&!ing leave him out for someone who does an even poorer job! If Giggs is too old then fine, but play the £#%&!ing guy until you have someone better!

Maybe the way forward is Cleverley, maybe it was Sneijder. Maybe it's Pogba, maybe Di Rossi, I don't know. I can say for damn sure however, that it's not £#%&!ing Anderson and Fletcher.

Unread 01-10-2011, 08:42 PM
red in cumbria

Exactly, its not Anderson AND Fletcher - maybe even SAF can see that after today??

But both have their place, used correctly.

Unread 01-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The doom on here, FFS

We've just set a record for consecutive home league wins, BTW

Yeah, we were shite - too many not 100% fit and/or badly out of form players in the team. But we *should* be able to put out much better XIs against both ciddy and Vermin. Man up
as discussed at length every day on this forum, the only genuine reintroduction that we have available in midfield for improvement is cleverly. so thats a 22 year old kid who has played 4 or 5 times for us and is coming back from injury

if that doesn't worry you then you're a simpleton

we've now played poorly more times than we've played well this year and the last 2 have been at home against pretty weak teams in the grand scale of things

Unread 01-10-2011, 08:45 PM
utd99

Quote:
Exactly, its not Anderson AND Fletcher - maybe even SAF can see that after today??

Who Anderson is playing with and where he is positioned should not dictate his ability to retain possession or to work hard. At least Fletch can blame the virus.

Ando is a flat track bully IMO.

Unread 01-10-2011, 08:53 PM
utd99

Quote:

And if I may be so bold, it's a little confusing to poke fun at people for being 'Doomlords' immediately prior to opining that we are "shite", "unfit" and "badly out of form".

Unread 01-10-2011, 09:06 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
as discussed at length every day on this forum, the only genuine reintroduction that we have available in midfield for improvement is cleverly. so thats a 22 year old kid who has played 4 or 5 times for us and is coming back from injury

if that doesn't worry you then you're a simpleton

we've now played poorly more times than we've played well this year and the last 2 have been at home against pretty weak teams in the grand scale of things
Yep, I think most of us were fearing this, as witnessed in the past few games. After the Charity Shield and the first few games I thought we might just be ok in midfield, but the old (and quite obvious) problems are still there.Out of Carrick, Fletcher and Anderson - none are consistent or creative enough.Thank £#%&! for our wingers.

Lets just hope that Cleverley comes back soon and we start motoring again because last season, our central midfield partnerships/formations were very poor creatively and in the goals department.

Regardless, we still need to buy in January imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Who Anderson is playing with and where he is positioned should not dictate his ability to retain possession or to work hard. At least Fletch can blame the virus.

Ando is a flat track bully IMO.
Exactly.Someone said before that Fletcher was the problem with Anderson, so what was Andersons problem last season? He just can't ever find that consistent and dominant level that he should be at now.

Unread 01-10-2011, 09:11 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Totally agree. I'm actually glad the internationals are back next week.

Liverpool is gonna be a massive test. Their cup final