United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2018, 12:31 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
sounds like you had a black eye

I certainly have Buck. I can never be arsed fact checking when I am on my phone. But that's no excuse.

I would of stuck my life on the fact he didnt score those 5 in a game until he'd been with us a few seasons. And I would of double or quits on the fact he didn't score hardly any in that first Jan - May

Ah well I will take it on the chin, but in my defence I was more concerned with Mark Walters and Paul Stewarts form at the time

Unread 19-04-2018, 12:35 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Dutch Christmas tradition fwiw
Nothing. Far funnier without your facts.

Unread 19-04-2018, 12:44 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Nothing. Far funnier without your facts.
Bunks whenever something to do with holland is mentioned

Unread 19-04-2018, 12:54 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
In a five minute search of one thread...

Stand by my initial comment that got under MJ’s skin so much, I just don’t understand the hate.

under my skin ffs

He's a target man, a trier, a presence ..& he'll get you 20 or so goals a season.
But from what I've seen he isn't in that small percentage of players that will make the difference in a tight European Cup SF or must win game during a League Title run-in.

He's fine for what we are currently - a Top 4/Top 6 team with a decent chance in the domestic Cups.

Incidentally, haven't you been 'hating' on Pogba & Martial all week?

Unread 19-04-2018, 12:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

under my skin ffs

He's a target man, a trier, a presence ..& he'll get you 20 or so goals a season.
But from what I've seen he isn't in that small percentage of players that will make the difference in a tight European Cup SF or must win game during a League Title run-in.

He's fine for what we are currently - a Top 4/Top 6 team with a decent chance in the domestic Cups.

Incidentally, haven't you been 'hating' on Pogba & Martial all week?
Who would you go for to take us to the next level pal?

I’ve been hating on Pogba yes, not so much hate for martial though. I hope Martial stays but if he doesn’t want to stay and fight for his place then we need to sell him.

Unread 19-04-2018, 12:59 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
He definitely didn't score for ages, and he scored his first goal with a black eye I seem to remember for some reason .
you've just watched it on Youtube?

Cole was a lethal finisher who was initially overawed by United.
Absolutely no idea why he's even part of this conversation about Lukaku

People are obsessed with stats these days. It's £#%&!ing weird.
I lay the blame solely at the door of £#%&!ing computer games.

Quote:
Who would you go for to take us to the next level pal?

I’ve been hating on Pogba yes, not so much hate for martial though. I hope Martial stays but if he doesn’t want to stay and fight for his place then we need to sell him.
Rashford.

I'd build an attacking team with youth & pace at it's core.
Pogba & Martial would get a reprieve & I'd shock the Footballing world by sacking Jose & giving the job to Michael Carrick.

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Rashford.

Pogba & Martial would get a reprieve & I'd shock the Footballing world by sacking Jose & giving the job to Michael Carrick.

It's so crazy it just might work

MJ for PM

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:07 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
It's just more convenient than having to contend with objective thought.

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Bunks whenever something to do with holland is mentioned

Netherlands*

I’m Trans-Dutch mate, I’d appreciate you treating me this way...

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:12 PM
AK14

Quote:

Cole was a lethal finisher who was initially overawed by United.
Absolutely no idea why he's even part of this conversation about Lukaku

I lay the blame solely at the door of £#%&!ing computer games.

Rashford.

Rashers is as £#%&! and I can see him becoming a great player. But for me he’s not ready to be the main man for us, like most young footballers he’ll struggle with consistency and I’m not sure he’s ready for the big games in a league title run in or CL that you mentioned

Poggers has all the tools but the question marks over his attitude and mental strength are getting bigger and harder to put down to youthfulness.

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:17 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Netherlands*

I’m Trans-Dutch mate, I’d appreciate you treating me this way...
Didn’t realise you were Dutch

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:19 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Didn’t realise you were Dutch

He's a bit of a... dark horse.

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:25 PM
browser

Quote:
Rashers is as £#%&! and I can see him becoming a great player. But for me he’s not ready to be the main man for us, like most young footballers he’ll struggle with consistency and I’m not sure he’s ready for the big games in a league title run in or CL that you mentioned
Disagree, look at Mbappe and what he was able to do with gametime. Rashford has all the same tools as Mbappe and a killer instinct, he doesn't get overawed by the occaision either - scored on every debut and in lots of big games - City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Celta Vigo last year....I'd always back him over Lukaku to score in a big game. Since he filled out physically, he hasn't had a run of games up top, if we're to see the best of him, he needs those opportunities next year. He's a far, far better footballer than Lukaku imo.

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:30 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:

No youtube back then MJ. I was there and remember the big clash of heads with (maybe) Colin Hendry. And he had a huge golf ball lump below his eye. Thought he was brave to carry on tbh because at the time Old Trafford groaned like bitches every time he misplaced a pass, couldn't hold it up with his back to goal or missed a chance. I am sure its my memory playing tricks again as its clear that everybody loved him from the moment he came

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Disagree, look at Mbappe and what he was able to do with gametime. Rashford has all the same tools as Mbappe and a killer instinct, he doesn't get overawed by the occaision either - scored on every debut and in lots of big games - City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Celta Vigo last year....I'd always back him over Lukaku to score in a big game. Since he filled out physically, he hasn't had a run of games up top, if we're to see the best of him, he needs those opportunities next year. He's a far, far better footballer than Lukaku imo.
good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
No youtube back then MJ. I was there and remember the big clash of heads with (maybe) Colin Hendry. And he had a huge golf ball lump below his eye. Thought he was brave to carry on tbh because at the time Old Trafford groaned like b***hes every time he misplaced a pass, couldn't hold it up with his back to goal or missed a chance. I am sure its my memory playing tricks again as its clear that everybody loved him from the moment he came
I meant you'd seen it on Youtube just now tbf
Only a bit of bants.
I was at that game too as it happens.

Cole did have a lot of doubters initially, that's true.
But I seem to remember it was more about him 'missing chances' rather than the fear of him changing our style of play (which is my main issue with Lukaku)

Anyway, Like I said, I'm not sure why we're talking about Cole in any case

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Would love nothing more than to see Rashers be the main man, but for me he isn’t quite ready. No doubting he’s improved massively over the past two years, but at times his decision making is a bit shit (to be expected for a young kid tbf) and that could cost us in the big games that MJ mentioned IMO.

As for Mbappe, he’s playing in a garbage league that allows him a lot more time on the ball etc. No question he’s a talent and had a great breakthrough season but hasn’t he been dropped a fair bit this season?

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:39 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Spot the £#%&! on

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:48 PM
browser

Quote:
Would love nothing more than to see Rashers be the main man, but for me he isn’t quite ready. No doubting he’s improved massively over the past two years, but at times his decision making is a bit shit (to be expected for a young kid tbf) and that could cost us in the big games that MJ mentioned IMO.
More than Lukaku shinning it into row Z? It's self fulfilling, he can only learn if trusted in the first place.

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:49 PM
believe

Quote:
good post.

I meant you'd seen it on Youtube just now tbf
Only a bit of bants.
I was at that game too as it happens.

Cole did have a lot of doubters initially, that's true.
But I seem to remember it was more about him 'missing chances' rather than the fear of him changing our style of play (which is my main issue with Lukaku)

Anyway, Like I said, I'm not sure why we're talking about Cole in any case
Or Hughes. Lukaku couldn’t lace eithers boots.

Unread 19-04-2018, 01:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
More than Lukaku shinning it into row Z? It's self fulfilling, he can only learn if trusted in the first place.

Great goal nqat

The games MJ mentioned were away games in a title run or CL semi finals etc though

He’s shinned a few in his short career too pal. The chance he had last night when he blasted it straight at Begovic wasn’t exactly the best tbf. That’s the worry for me in making him the man to lead the line, not so much his talent/potential it’s his inconsistency (which is to be expected from a young kid)

Suppose if people are serious that they wouldn’t mind a few years of not challenging for trophies or CL football then giving him the time to make that position his own wouldn’t be a bad thing, not sure the board would give a manger that time though.
Closed Thread