United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2023, 09:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think he deserves a medal for not leaning across and smashing one of them in the face.

Carragher's got some nerve hasn't he, got so wound up being ribbed about losing a game he spat on a little girl. Souness sitting there like a pig in shit like he predicted that would happen The genius who signed George Weah's cousin. The pair of them, souness and carragher are typical liverpool fans in that they can dish it out but can't take it.

Neville gets on my tits but i'll back him all day over those two hyenas. And as for Keane, shame on him sat there as 3 liverpool supporters goad his ex team mate. The man's so consumed by his own bitterness towards ferguson he can't even back his old team mate up and the club who gave him everything.
Yup all of this.

Not Neville’s fan but they went beyond ‘banter’ yesterday and kept prodding (from what I saw of it). Not a good look

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yup all of this.

Not Neville’s fan but they went beyond ‘banter’ yesterday and kept prodding (from what I saw of it). Not a good look
Neville was trying to make the quite sensible point that 6 goals in one half is pretty out of character considering the team's form since the world cup. He had a point. Souness in full-on scouse crowing mode was having none of it. What did he want Neville to say? "Yeah you're right Graeme, United are rubbish and have blagged their way to 3rd in the league, a league cup, an FA Cup quarter final and the quarters of the Europa league."

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:16 PM
Dr Stranger

It’s self-fulfilling prophecy that @#%&!s like Souness and the Agbonlahor Talksport dunces like to front:

United beat a top team - can they do it every week? They’ll get found out.

United win most weeks - they’re team they should be beating. They’ll get found out.

United win a cup - it’s only the carabao cup. They didn’t beat anyone good. They’ll get found out.

United lose - See!

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Neville was trying to make the quite sensible point that 6 goals in one half is pretty out of character considering the team's form since the world cup. He had a point. Souness in full-on scouse crowing mode was having none of it. What did he want Neville to say? "Yeah you're right Graeme, United are rubbish and have blagged their way to 3rd in the league, a league cup, an FA Cup quarter final and the quarters of the Europa league."
They wanted a reaction from a colleague on live television. Neville’s must have been close to telling them to £#%&! off at some point.

I saw the bit where he was clearly riled up and called Carragher “James” and Souness lent over and said “oh he’s calling you james now, I’ve never heard him call you James before”

They acted like @#%&!s

United pundits now need to do the same.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
They wanted a reaction from a colleague on live television. Neville’s must have been close to telling them to £#%&! off at some point.

I saw the bit where he was clearly riled up and called Carragher “James” and Souness lent over and said “oh he’s calling you james now, I’ve never heard him call you James before”

They acted like @#%&!s

Big Paddy Crerand did it once and was promptly booted off never to be seen again. Only Liverpool ex-players are allowed to be unashamedly partizan on tv mate. United ex-players are tolerated but only if they remember to hammer United after every poor result and indulge in the huge circle jerk afterwards.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:26 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

They acted like @#%&!s

This. It was pathetic from the Scouse bastards.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:36 PM
Dr Stranger

United losing is funny and good for business.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:06 PM
Stickman

I’ve always felt our ex players are a lot more dignified on the tele than theirs when it’s going well. I think it talks to the wider inferiority complex they have.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:20 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s self-fulfilling prophecy that @#%&!s like Souness and the Agbonlahor Talksport dunces like to front:

United beat a top team - can they do it every week? They’ll get found out.

United win most weeks - they’re team they should be beating. They’ll get found out.

United win a cup - it’s only the carabao cup. They didn’t beat anyone good. They’ll get found out.

United lose - See!
They move the goal posts with United.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:49 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
They move the goal posts with United.
No wonder we conceded 7.

Unread 07-03-2023, 03:41 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Neville is quite annoying but I felt for him a bit yesterday tbh

Not just on comms but then having to sit in the studio with Souness, Dolgishes daughter and that other #@&%!.

Apparently straight after the game she asked souness a question and he said “Can we wait for Gary to get here”

No matter how much money you’d pay me I’d struggle to do that after getting beat 7-0 against that lot and still act professional.

Just to clarify:

They had two former Liverpool players and a former player’s daughter on
and Gary Neville?

Unread 07-03-2023, 07:38 AM
magic_cantona

Carragher is literally a scrote in a position that he shouldn't really be in. He can't be objective, loses his head when he's proved to be talking shite ("Liverpool don't need new owners") and is generally a nasty piece of work. Souness is just terminally thick. I think this weekend just shows you how bad Sky is for its culture of having idiots cover games. Merson is surely just still there because Sky think he's funny because nobody can think he's able to give any proper insight. The Scouse Mafia is a real reason to turn off though. Its absolutely nails down a chalk board.

Unread 07-03-2023, 07:45 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Carragher is literally a scrote in a position that he shouldn't really be in. He can't be objective, loses his head when he's proved to be talking shite ("Liverpool don't need new owners") and is generally a nasty piece of work. Souness is just terminally thick. I think this weekend just shows you how bad Sky is for its culture of having idiots cover games. Merson is surely just still there because Sky think he's funny because nobody can think he's able to give any proper insight. The Scouse Mafia is a real reason to turn off though. Its absolutely nails down a chalk board.
Merson is still there because they know exactly what will happen to him if he loses that job

Unread 07-03-2023, 07:47 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Merson is still there because they know exactly what will happen to him if he loses that job
You think Sky keep people on because of a duty of care?

Unread 07-03-2023, 07:48 AM
Sapien

Quote:
You think Sky keep people on because of a duty of care?
In his case, yes, there is no other rational explanation for his continuing employment

Unread 07-03-2023, 08:07 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
In his case, yes, there is no other rational explanation for his continuing employment
Good point.

Unread 07-03-2023, 09:31 AM
Pop

Quote:
A double act with Kenny Sansom

Unread 07-03-2023, 10:49 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Did you ever have any mote dealings with him after the whole spitting fiasco?
I thought you buried the hatchet.

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:04 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Neville should have just kept his dignity
He lost hold of that years ago and any remnants he had flew off to Dubai.

Aside from anything else, he's a right little annoying @#%&!.

Unread 07-03-2023, 11:15 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He lost hold of that years ago and any remnants he had flew off to Dubai.

Aside from anything else, he's a right little annoying @#%&!.
He pisses me off everytime he says You-nited.
Closed Thread