waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
Giggs

Unread 11-11-2015, 09:32 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep. The point of van Gaal - hopefully - is that United are trying to establish a firm footballing identity post-Ferguson. I suspect we will see better football before LvG goes, and the next man should be expected to build on that. If not Pep, then someone relatively similar.

And that's before you get into the issue of Mourinho being a constant cringe for most of this year. Can't see United being interested.
steady on pal. I know you're reigning soty but there's no need to put your balls on the block each and every time. A huge shout and a tantalising prospect too.

Unread 11-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
steady on pal. I know you're reigning soty but there's no need to put your balls on the block each and every time. A huge shout and a tantalising prospect too.

Unread 11-11-2015, 09:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Thing is, we have scored some lovely goals this season. You could make a YouTube video of our best bits and it would look deceptively exciting. Add a few more of them, some more scrappy goals, few long-range screamers etc and we're not far away.

Memphis to explode, Rooney to find form or be replaced, another addition or two..

Unread 11-11-2015, 09:58 PM
saffers

Wouldn't mind Laudrup to replace LvG.

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Wouldn't mind Laudrup to replace LvG.
Never gets a big job, does he? Maybe the fact that he's managing in the Middle East these days says plenty about his ambition.

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:07 PM
saffers

Quote:
I think the fact that he's managing in the Middle East these days says plenty about his ambition. Perhaps the reason he's never got a top job.
Going to the middle east isnt always a lack of ambition, sometimes its just the most sensible choice even with options in Europe. Just ask Gyan, Lanzini or even our very own Bellers.

Lanzini back now though and looking shit hot. Absolutely delighted for Grimmers.

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Going to the middle east isnt always a lack of ambition, sometimes its just the most sensible choice even with options in Europe. Just ask Gyan, Lanzini or even our very own Bellers.

Lanzini back now though and looking shit hot. Absolutely delighted for Grimmers.
Not sure Gyan is the greatest example, tbf. Now in China on about £250k per week

Also Lanzini taking a big offer at 19 or whatever to secure his financial future is understandable. Laudrup could get a decent job.

Would definitely up the swag level:

Older than Moyes was at United

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:31 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Thing is, we have scored some lovely goals this season. You could make a YouTube video of our best bits and it would look deceptively exciting. Add a few more of them, some more scrappy goals, few long-range screamers etc and we're not far away.

Memphis to explode, Rooney to find form or be replaced, another addition or two..

Hear you pal. The lvg revolution is really the aggragation of marginal gains. The margins being too subtle for me at times. Anyway, here's to the potential prospect of some marginally better football ahead.

Secondary question: what has he done or is he proposing to do to improve our youth and scouting set up? I was always led to believe he was a root and branch man. Anyone know if any things happening on that score - especially given all the noise coming from the Berts Atm.

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Hear you pal. The lvg revolution is really the aggragation of marginal gains. The margins being too subtle for me at times. Anyway, here's to the potential prospect of some marginally better football ahead.

Secondary question: what has he done or is he proposing to do to improve our youth and scouting set up? I was always led to believe he was a root and branch man. Anyone know if any things happening on that score - especially given all the noise coming from the Berts Atm.
It's been too marginal so far, nqat.

Second part of your post, I'm not sure. As far as I'm aware he hasn't made any changes to the academy staff, has he? McClair, McGuinness still there etc. I remember in his first press conference he was asked about this and he kinda said he wouldn't be addressing it during his first year or two. He does put so much into first-team matters with all the preparation.

Maybe feels he needs to win a pot or two first, before moulding the academy and future ranks in his image. Dunno.

Unread 11-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
It's been too marginal so far, nqat.

Second part of your post, I'm not sure. As far as I'm aware he hasn't made any changes to the academy staff, has he? McClair, McGuinness still there etc. I remember in his first press conference he was asked about this and he kinda said he wouldn't be addressing it during his first year or two. He does put so much into first-team matters with all the preparation.

Maybe feels he needs to win a pot or two first, before moulding the academy and future ranks in his image. Dunno.
Left in the summer, yet to be replaced.

Unread 11-11-2015, 11:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Left in the summer, yet to be replaced.
Bound to be some Dutch sage from Ajax

Seems to be a good amount of talent coming through atm. None of them ever make it here etc obvs.
Closed Thread