United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2013, 02:39 PM
moransbleedinghead

it's a bit odd, that for a team that everyone keeps claiming is shit and doesn't deserve the title, We've had the best keeper, best midfielder and best forward in the league this season, not that many neutrals will agree to that assessment though.

Unread 27-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

"I would choose Carrick," Wenger said. "He is a quality passer. He could play for Barcelona, he would be perfectly suited to their game. He has a good vision and is an intelligent player, and it is for what he has achieved in his whole career as well. It is this year or never for him, just because he is 31 and after, they go down.

"You have a few other choices. Robin stayed for a while without scoring and the PFA vote happened during that period so that could go against him. You had [Luis] Suárez but he has bitten into his reward. You have Gareth Bale. I think Carrick is an underrated player in England and sometimes not only should the goalscorer be rewarded but the real players at the heart of the game."

#sage

Unread 27-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Blagger

Arguably, Rafael too.

Unread 27-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
"I would choose Carrick," Wenger said. "He is a quality passer. He could play for Barcelona, he would be perfectly suited to their game. He has a good vision and is an intelligent player, and it is for what he has achieved in his whole career as well. It is this year or never for him, just because he is 31 and after, they go down.

"You have a few other choices. Robin stayed for a while without scoring and the PFA vote happened during that period so that could go against him. You had [Luis] Suárez but he has bitten into his reward. You have Gareth Bale. I think Carrick is an underrated player in England and sometimes not only should the goalscorer be rewarded but the real players at the heart of the game."

#sage

Unread 27-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark
Strong spine to the champions
You don't have to be the best to win the player of the year - you just have to play good and play good consistently, and all three have definitely been so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
Arguably, Rafael too.
I love him to bits, but all I would say that he has been the most improved player of our squad.

There are others who I'd have in front of him for PotY. Rafael has to start being more consistent - He can often get frustrated on the pitch.

Unread 27-04-2013, 05:13 PM
dunk

Thumbs down

Quote:
Roberto Mancini picks Luis Suarez as his player of the year
Snivelling, bitter blue bastard.

Unread 27-04-2013, 05:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Snivelling, bitter blue bastard.
I presume he did that before last weekend? Still pretty classless, though

Unread 27-04-2013, 05:17 PM
dunk

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I presume he did that before last weekend? Still pretty classless, though
Nope.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22322440

Unread 27-04-2013, 05:19 PM
red in cumbria

Jesus Christ - what an utter #@&%!. The bertie culture has rubbed off on him alright :£#%&!er:

Unread 27-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Mark Corrigan

No prizes for guessing who he will be after in the transfer market then.

Unread 27-04-2013, 05:27 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Jesus Christ - what an utter #@&%!. The bertie culture has rubbed off on him alright :£#%&!er:
if that is his professional assessment he doesn't bode well for the 'project'

Unread 27-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Arsene.

Top Red.

Unread 27-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
No prizes for guessing who he will be after in the transfer market then.
He's just lost one #@&%! in Ballotelli so has to replace him with another. Title formula.
Closed Thread