United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:04 AM
Jethro

Default Gary Neville

Has there ever been a case of someone trying so hard to be impartial yet coming off worse than if he'd just stick to his guns? Everyman and his dog knows he's a super dooper top Red who loves the club etc.

What on earth was the Fernandes comment? Just seemed like utter nonsense. He gets walked all over during the commentary on games like yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised if Carragher paraded him round the pitch on a leash once everyone had gone home.

He has first hand experience of how truly vile Liverpool are.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:05 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Has there ever been a case of someone trying so hard to be impartial yet coming off worse than if he'd just stick to his guns? Everyman and his dog knows he's a super dooper top Red who loves the club etc.

What on earth was the Fernandes comment? Just seemed like utter nonsense. He gets walked all over during the commentary on games like yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised if Carragher paraded him round the pitch on a leash once everyone had gone home.

He has first hand experience of how truly vile Liverpool are.
I didn’t see any post-match, but he does massively overcompensate. Unlike Carragher, who just steers into it.

What did he say about Fernandes?

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:07 AM
The taste of...

Souness and Carragher were sneering the £#%&! out of him

Neville should have just kept his dignity and declared he wouldn’t
be gobbing on any scouse fans over it.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:08 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I didn’t see any post-match, but he does massively overcompensate. Unlike Carragher, who just steers into it.

Tbh Bruno was a big of an arse yday. Only time that annoyed me was when neville said he was hit in the chest and you can clearly see the arm go into Bruno’s jaw.

Then after the replay he didn’t even correct himself

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:12 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

He said he was 'pleading to come off' making a massive deal out of it. When the video came out a bit later on it shows £#%&! all like that:

Proper shit from Neville. He was being a dick all match yesterday. That The Scottish Player tackle that he said should have been a red, it took Carragher to stick up for him and say harsh/not much he could have done. Arse.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:14 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Souness and Carragher were sneering the £#%&! out of him

Neville should have just kept his dignity and declared he wouldn’t
be gobbing on any scouse fans over it.
They were literally laughing at him. He even called Carragher, James, which showed how riled he was. Also said they were 'gloating like a couple of children;.

Well and truly rattled.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
He said he was 'pleading to come off' making a massive deal out of it. When the video came out a bit later on it shows £#%&! all like that:

https://twitter.com/ManUnitedYouth/s...194506245?s=20

Proper shit from Neville. He was being a dick all match yesterday. That The Scottish Player tackle that he said should have been a red, it took Carragher to stick up for him and say harsh/not much he could have done. Arse.
Yeah, he seems to go over the top the worse we are. Like a £#%&! THE LOT OF THEM mentally that comes out with overreaching with his assessment.

I saw Bruno throwing his arms up when the sub was made, but tbh, by then it was all a bit of a daze.

I do feel left ETH left Bruno out there because he was so shit. He’d have taken the opportunity to rest him otherwise. You’re the captain. Deal with it etc

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
They were literally laughing at him. He even called Carragher, James, which showed how riled he was. Also said they were 'gloating like a couple of children;.

Well and truly rattled.
Carragher was £#%&!ing pathetic throughout the commentary. Neville would be sacked for being so overtly pro-United in any circumstance, never mind the screaming and laughing that was going on.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:27 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Absolute #@&%!, Neville. Wtf is he trying to be? Ends up alienating everyone

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Carragher was £#%&!ing pathetic throughout the commentary. Neville would be sacked for being so overtly pro-United in any circumstance, never mind the screaming and laughing that was going on.
He’s the only co-commentator who is overtly pro his own team and gets away with it. There’s regulars like Alan Smith and Andy Hinchcliffe and they don’t openly cheer Arsenal and Everton goals.

He was worst that season where them and city went neck and neck and city pipped them.

Salah scored one against Chelsea and he just screamed

OH MO SALAH, YOU LITTLE DANCER!

You’re supposed to be a professional, mate. Settle down.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:29 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Agreed. Supposed to be impartial and he's laughing and cheering in the background. :loco

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:32 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Yep, I don't know how he gets away with it. But then at times he was more pro-United than Neville

They're all @#%&!s.

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:36 AM
Coracao

Tbf, Carragher tends to speak more sense on Utd than Neville has in years

Unread 06-03-2023, 10:36 AM
Dr Stranger

Tbf, of course the ex Liverpool lot are laughing at the ex-United players. We lost 7-0. I’d expect the same if it was the other way round. They’d be dicks if they were doing it after a 1-0 win, but It comes with territory of such a horrific result. It’s why it’s so hard to take. They’re going to take the absolute piss because we deserve it.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:03 AM
ZiggyStardust

He needs to get off co-comms and stick to punditry

It’s starting to feel like he’s a jinx co-commentating on these matches

Can’t be good for your health having to work beside Carragher while that horror show is unfolding below him

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:10 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

I'd end up doing time sitting next to that scumbag

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:13 AM
RedNick80

I turned off after 5-0, but genuinely don't see the issue.

At the risk of rolling out the staw man here -

Gary Neville is a bad red for trying to be professional and slightly overcompensating at times (I know the 'slightly' will be taken to task but outside this echochamber no-one else who supports other teams really sees is it as anything more)

Carragher is unprofessional for being too pro-Liverpool and partizan.

What do you want? I know what I'd rather have TBH. Yes its a balance but I think he talks a lot of sense and don't mind him at all.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:14 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Tbf, Carragher tends to speak more sense on Utd than Neville has in years
Exactly.

Neville is a massive, massive @#%&!. And not just in terms of his punditry.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
I turned off after 5-0, but genuinely don't see the issue.

At the risk of rolling out the staw man here -

Gary Neville is a bad red for trying to be professional and slightly overcompensating at times (I know the 'slightly' will be taken to task but outside this echochamber no-one else who supports other teams really sees is it as anything more)

Carragher is unprofessional for being too pro-Liverpool and partizan.

What do you want? I know what I'd rather have TBH. Yes its a balance but I think he talks a lot of sense and don't mind him at all.
I think he’s right to try and hide his allegiance, but it’s the overcompensation to the point where it’s clouding his judgment or forcing him into being disingenuous.

Carragher is worse. His way is just lazy. Neville is at least trying . He’s just overdoing it.

Unread 06-03-2023, 11:32 AM
AK14

Quote:
Yup

He’s a massive #@&%!.
Closed Thread