United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2018, 07:49 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Roberto Mancini has done it. Manuel Pellegrini has also done it. But no-one won the Premier League title for Manchester City quite like Pep Guardiola has.

I honestly didn't think you could win the English top-flight title playing football the way City have done this season.

I was of the firm opinion that our league was too physical and competitive, and the season far too long, for ball players with bundles of ability but less physicality to dominate a campaign the way they have. Boy, was I wrong.

Had Manchester United not won 3-2 at the Etihad earlier this month, City would have totally humiliated their neighbours. That was their intention of course. However, I have never seen United fans applaud a City team off the field before - but that was the response from a small section of supporters who remained at Old Trafford after their side's 2-1 defeat earlier in the season.

During that period, City beat Chelsea away, demolished Liverpool 5-0, put four goals past Tottenham and gave Stoke City such a beating I don't think the Potteries club ever got over it.

As for the performance of Kevin de Bruyne, all I can say is: wow. It is easy to pick out the Belgium international because he has been outstanding - but so have David Silva and Fernandinho. What a trio.

These three players are the nearest thing I have seen to Alain Giresse, Michel Platini and Jean Tigana, who were so effective during the 1980s for France.

And as for the transformation in Raheem Sterling - if Guardiola can teach the lad to finish, he could be the best player in the world.

I have made my feelings quite clear about the difference between the playing styles of Guardiola and Manchester United counterpart Jose Mourinho in my teams of the week during the course of the season.

I have an enormous regard for both managers. The former is a great teacher and the latter a serial winner. However, what Guardiola has done is transform English football into thinking that now you can be a great teacher, a serial winner and still play the most glorious football - and all at the same time.

With better refereeing decisions and a bit of luck it would be City facing Roma - but that's football. The Champions League is merely on hold for now. Guardiola has turned a very good team into something special, and that's why I can't wait to see the sequel.

Congratulations Manchester City. You are worthy champions.

Unread 16-04-2018, 01:12 PM
believe

I’m surlrised you had to highlight any of it.

Unread 16-04-2018, 04:44 PM
red in cumbria

I certainly think nobody can complain about Pogba not getting in "his" team this week, tbf.

Unread 29-04-2018, 10:55 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
This week we learned that the Football Association is considering selling Wembley Stadium.

What's next, the sale of Buckingham Palace? I suppose Her Majesty could spend three months in each of her homes around the country so the locals can get a glimpse of her. Yes, an outrageous thought. But no more so than the one proposed by the FA if the sale goes ahead.

Only the FA Council can stop this madness, and they must perform their duty. They owe it to the fans and the country.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43941894

Unread 30-04-2018, 08:10 AM
Pop

What does Garth do during the summer months when his footballing expertise isn't required?

I reckon he rents himself out as a wallpaper paste table or plank of wood to bang nails into or something.

The thick £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Fernandinho is everything Paul Pogba should be

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:52 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
utterly obsessed

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:55 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
£#%&!inghell

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Dasilvatwins

Am i misreading this? "Foster made two saves in West Brom's 1-0 win over Newcastle, " He made 2 saves, which were enough to get on as gk team of the week.

Is he a special kind of stupid?

Unread 30-04-2018, 04:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Is he a special kind of stupid?
As they say - BINGO!!!!

Unread 04-05-2018, 10:49 PM
sub three hours

His body language and attitude stunk tonight.

Unread 04-05-2018, 10:52 PM
Pop

I'll say one thing, his hairstyle had better be £#%&!ing AMAZING next week after that performance

Unread 04-05-2018, 11:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I'll say one thing, his hairstyle had better be f***ing AMAZING next week after that performance
Yep
I want a lime green lighting bolt over a glittery pink rinse otherwise I'll start to think that 90mill was taking the piss.

Unread 05-05-2018, 08:06 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep
I want a lime green lighting bolt over a glittery pink rinse otherwise I'll start to think that 90mill was taking the piss.

When he gets tackled he looks like my missus when I've not done the dishes.

Unread 05-05-2018, 08:13 AM
Red Al

£#%&! this @#%&! off to PSG

That club/league is perfect for him

Unread 05-05-2018, 08:39 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
So Garth was a bit sagey after all?
Him and Bunks nailed it tbf

OR...

Bunks is Garth?

Unread 05-05-2018, 09:20 AM
Red Santos

Pogba and Herrera were better last season. You have to ask the question why?

Unread 05-05-2018, 09:31 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

When he gets tackled he looks like my missus when I've not done the dishes.

Unread 05-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Sapien

So Garth was a bit sagey after all?

Unread 05-05-2018, 10:10 AM
dunk

Just so I’m clear, we’ve decide the problem at the club is actually the only players we have with any sort of ability or desire to attack; Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Lukaku even Mata are all basically not good enough and need selling?

There’s no chance this all points to a greater underlying issue...?
Closed Thread