United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Default so what's Micky Shorts on about then?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10763217._/

CR?

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Switching Off

Gotta be Fabregas.

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:28 AM
forzagarza

Freddie

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Zorg

Pavel Pogrebniak

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:39 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Yes. Moyes wasn't keen because he didn't feature on his whiteboards and he didn't get chance to watch him...sent Jimmy Lumsden to Brazil who ended up with sunstroke and an unnamed STD.

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:40 AM
ZiggyStardust

Thiago Alcantara

The deal was lined up but Moyes pulled the plug on it :shakehead:

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Pete's Shoes

It's Ronaldo, was from a Red. News interview I think and Barney said on twitter was Ronnie

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Thiago Alcantara

that's probably right Ziggers but this sounds like summat else

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:44 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
It's Ronaldo, was from a Red. News interview I think and Barney said on twitter was Ronnie
It was from an interview Phelan did with some Norwegian mag or something.

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:45 AM
elephantstone

yeahI remember andy minton from uws said that ronnie was coming back but obviously it didnt happen when moyes came in.

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:46 AM
The Watcher

Phelan needs to stfu. Clueless #@&%!.

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:47 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Thiago Alcantara

That's true but shorts was referring to Ronaldo here.

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Denis Irwell

oh well, at least we got Fellaini

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:51 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
That's true but shorts was referring to Ronaldo here.
Even if Fergie and Gill where here I just can't see how we would have been able to prize away Real Madrid's best player and someone who could end up their greatest ever player especially with the Glazers still owning the club

I get the feeling that Ronnie would have just used us to get a better deal at Madrid as to me he was always going to stay there
Can't for the life of me see Ronnie wanting to come back and live in England with the climate we have here when he can enjoy the good life in sunny Spain

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Phelan needs to stfu. Clueless #@&%!.

so he's putting it out there that the tosser who got rid of him is the reason that we've got Fellaini instead of Ronnie and Thiago

Unread 25-10-2013, 08:54 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Even if Fergie and Gill where here I just can't see how we would have been able to prize away Real Madrid's best player and someone who could end up their greatest ever player especially with the Glazers still owning the club

I get the feeling that Ronnie would have just used us to get a better deal at Madrid as to me he was always going to stay there
Can't for the life of me see Ronnie wanting to come back and live in England with the climate we have here when he can enjoy the good life in sunny Spain
I agree...but he apparently was (as was heavily rumoured) making such noises. Phelan has no idea how it would have actually concluded (probably with him signing a new contract in Madrid imo), he just confirming moves were underway to get him back.

Unread 25-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

we'd get a lot, if not all of the money back through shirt sales etc and Madrid is as cold as Manchester in the winter - he can go where he likes in the summer. Not totally convinced but.......

Unread 25-10-2013, 09:05 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
so he's putting it out there that the tosser who got rid of him is the reason that we've got Fellaini instead of Ronnie and Thiago
tbh, Phelan had no idea Fergie was packing it in till the day it was actually announced, so I have trouble believing he had any sort of insight into United’s long term transfer targets.

Fergie & Gill weren’t exactly bringing in world class talent every summer while they were running the club, preferring dogshit like Owen while @#%&!ing us off with nonsense about “brilliant youngsters” that never got a game and the lack of “value in the market” that saw the likes of Silva, Toure, Ozil etc all move for very reasonable prices.

Moyes may be a useless clown, but this is just a bit of a cheap shot from shorts tbh.

Unread 25-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Neo

Quote:

Can't for the life of me see Ronnie wanting to come back and live in England with the climate we have here
He loves Fergie. I think the Madrid game at Old Trafford must have left a big impression on him too, considering the reception he received.

Rooney would certainly have been sold as part of the deal, too. Our front-six could have been:

Carrick -- Thiago

Ronaldo --- Kagawa --- Januzaj

Van Persie

Unread 25-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Pete's Shoes

Uws said something similar in summer that Ronaldo changed his mind when Fergie quit. Ah well. Onwards and ...
Closed Thread