United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2022, 01:52 PM
no fun

Default We are all generally a right bunch of moaning negative bastards on here....

But do you think that all reds are the same at the moment?

Mate of mine just popped round an hour ago....top red, ST holder, good amateur player in his day so knows the game

His observations of last nights game;

Bit disappointing, but Fred did well and elanga showed promise

Looking forward....if we beat Liverpool and Arsenal we are right back in the mix

He likes the occasional drink but definitely doesn’t take drugs, so it can’t be that

So.....are your non Fredster united mates as pissed of as most of us, or is it just this forum?

Unread 03-04-2022, 01:54 PM
dunk

Mine are as disillusioned and £#%&!ed off as us tbh.

Do seem to have a few eternal optimists who think new manager and Declan Rice and off we go, most are realists though.

They all agree De Gea is shite though, to a man.

Unread 03-04-2022, 01:55 PM
Sparky***

They're all £#%&!ed off mate.

They know the score.

But some don't want to be seen as 'negative' so they just put a brave face on it.

Unread 03-04-2022, 01:56 PM
Switching Off

Until yesterday I was the last one standing who thought we could get top 4. One fell before Christmas ffs.

Unread 03-04-2022, 01:59 PM
Sparky***

I have no idea what anyone is watching when they say things like 'if we beat liverpool and arsenal'

there is no basis whatsoever based on what we've endured for the last 8 months to think that this lot can do either of those things. They're basing it on nothing but hope.

the word 'if' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that scenario.

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:00 PM
Fat Al

Few years back I was over at my old mans for his birthday. One of his mates he used to watch United with was over as well.

United were on so we all watched the game. You think we're negative? £#%&! me, they made our match threads look like a shining beacon of hope, optimism & blind loyalty.

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:04 PM
Mr_Ed

You’ve got to be on crack not to see we’ve got serious problems and need a major overhaul.

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
You’ve got to be on crack not to see we’ve got serious problems and need a major overhaul.
20 new players and an entire new coaching staff would be a start imo.

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:09 PM
Bunker Buster

All of them are absolutely sick of the sight of them, watch every game and go though.....

It can be too much though at times for me...

Embarrassing some of the stuff posted on here though, but at least you can log out...

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:13 PM
Dr Stranger

‘If we beat Liverpool and Arsenal’

I think I see the flaw in this plan…

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:14 PM
dunk

I want them to finish 10th at this point tbh.

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:16 PM
Stickman

Mine are as as me

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
could easily happen. We're more likely at this stage, given our current trajectory and remaining fixtures, to finishing 9th than we are 4th.

And let's be honest, finishing mid table would be a far fairer reflection of our season than somehow swindling our way into the top 4

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
YSHS....

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
YSHS....
10th pal. 10th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
could easily happen. We're more likely at this stage, given our current trajectory and remaining fixtures, to finishing 9th than we are 4th.

And let's be honest, finishing mid table would be a far fairer reflection of our season than somehow swindling our way into the top 4
Just avoid Europe and reduce the squad fffs

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
10th pal. 10th.

Just avoid Europe and reduce the squad fffs
Think it'll be 5th or 9th me.

Or a very cheeky 4th.....

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Think it'll be 5th or 9th me.

Or a very cheeky 4th.....
4th could well be the worst thing. I’d take 9th. Where do the European places end in the modern world?

I can’t see us scoring more that 5 or 6 for the remainder of the season anyway the way it’s going

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
4th could well be the worst thing. I’d take 9th. Where do the European places end in the modern world?

I can’t see us scoring more that 5 or 6 for the remainder of the season anyway the way it’s going
4th champions league
5th europa league
6th europa conference league

it all depends on who wins the cups though and where they finish as well so it could go down to 7th.

The league cup winners go into the europa conference league but liverpool have won it. The Fa Cup winners go into the europa league but again, liverpool or city will win it so we could see 7th in europe.

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:29 PM
dunk

8th or worse please Ralf. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Unread 03-04-2022, 02:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
) If the FA Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League, their UEL group stage place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League.

b) If the EFL Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League (or top six if (a) happens), their UECL playoff place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League.
Closed Thread