United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
After being moved up front. I'm shocked

This. Does my £#%&!ing nut in when in midfield, but still our best striker. RVP really does need to be £#%&!ed off sharpish, he's not even pretending to look arsed these days :shakehead:

Unread 25-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Crumps

Been very good.

Growing in to the Captains role which I didn't think he'd do especially after the Leicester game.

Move him up front and play midfielders in midfield when they're fit.

Unread 25-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Put your seatbelts on, he's started his 6/8 week seasonal good patch

Unread 25-11-2014, 12:51 PM
woody78

He's in good from atm . Don't really like him as number 10 but i think he offers more than Mata there .
Looking forward to seeing him link up with Falcao

Unread 25-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Put your seatbelts on, he's started his 6/8 week seasonal good patch
Top of the league by February.

Unread 25-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

He's stepped it up a bit since he got sent off against Wham, nqat. It's a pretty typical seasonal peak though. Normally he'll have 2 or 3 spells in a season where he's buzzing, so it's just a matter of whether he can join those up this time around. He could be one of the main beneficiaries of only having one game a week as the season progresses.

As far as RvP goes it's a big call now for LVG, because the next 2 home games would seem an ideal chance to get RvP back in the groove. On the other hand Wilson is ready and needs to be given his chance - so far he has 6 appearances and no goals. Start him and let's see what he's got

Unread 25-11-2014, 01:03 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
As far as RvP goes it's a big call now for LVG, because the next 2 home games would seem an ideal chance to get RvP back in the groove. On the other hand Wilson is ready and needs to be given his chance - so far he has 6 appearances and no goals. Start him and let's see what he's got
RvP is completely out of sorts. He doesn´t look up for it mentally - physically he´s shot. He´s had a mare of a season and imo should not start against Hull. Give Wilson his chance if Falcao isn´t ready. Stick Robin on the bench and make him fight for his place.

Unread 25-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

A fit and firing RvP would be a tremendous asset for LVG, and the next 2 games are a big opportunity to get it going. People keep saying he's disinterested and playing badly, but the reality is that United have won 4 and lost 1 in the last 7; they're playing as a team and he has started all 7 games. It's not as easy as just hooking him out - it has to be right for the team.

Unread 25-11-2014, 01:13 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:
A fit and firing RvP would be a tremendous asset for LVG, and the next 2 games are a big opportunity to get it going. People keep saying he's disinterested and playing badly, but the reality is that United have won 4 and lost 1 in the last 7; they're playing as a team and he has started all 7 games. It's not as easy as just hooking him out - it has to be right for the team.
I think they are saying he looks uninterested rather than disinterested.

Unread 25-11-2014, 01:15 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Thank you!

Unread 25-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
let me know when you've checked

Unread 25-11-2014, 01:20 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
If LvG goes with him then the very least I´d expect is to give him 1 hour max. if there are no signs of "A fit and firing RvP" then it should be time up. On the bench Vs Stoke too.

Unread 25-11-2014, 01:34 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:
let me know when you've checked

Let me know when your hubris subsides.

Unread 25-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Let me know when your hubris subsides.
what a haughty post, though I would never presume to tell you were you not at once so curiously blind to it and yet so bold as to point the finger outwards

Unread 25-11-2014, 03:30 PM
harzy

Rooney forever

Unread 25-11-2014, 04:00 PM
believe

Apologies accepted

Unread 25-11-2014, 09:05 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by harzy
Rooney forever
Until he's 33-34 at least anyway.

Unread 25-11-2014, 09:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It was enough for fellaini tbf

Edit: and falcao
Not for me it wasn't tbf

Unread 26-11-2014, 12:12 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not for me it wasn't tbf
Good point well made, tbh.

Unread 26-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Baron

Ahh the classic Rooney run of form. He'll scored in the next 6 games, possibly more than one goal a game, his touch has returned from a hefty sabbatical & he's not dropping so deep as to cause tactical carnage.

Expected lifespan: 10 games. Enjoy it while we can, he should be playing like this for a whole season, sadly he'll be back to having a tackle with his 2nd touch by February.
Closed Thread