United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Pop

Think that's something like 19 goals in his last 9 games.

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Reminded me of Rooney's overhead against city but that was years ago. Ronaldo still doing it. 14 goals in the CL so far.

2 away at Juve like it's nothing.
It was better imo....

He had to jump away from goal....

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:23 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:24 PM
TheFatGoth

We would have played for a 0-0 in this game.

Sparky***

It's at times like this I like to read that Anthony le tallec article.

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Exact replica of Nani's ffs...

The red card obviously, not the overhead
And it was a yellow. Only he'd been booked already for diving.

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
whats he up to nowadays?

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:25 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

It’s official no shinner

Perfect overhead kick

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:29 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
We would have played for a 0-0 in this game.
We would. Even against 10 men.

I don't think we quite appreciate the damage being done to Uniteds reputation while we continue to play 'target men' strikers, boring Football, killing second halves stone dead if we happen to find ourselves in front etc...

I keep hearing that we're improving, but I haven't seen a shred of improvement.
We're a billion miles behind these teams.

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

I don't think we quite appreciate the damage being done to Uniteds reputation while we continue to play 'target men' strikers, boring Football, killing second halves stone dead if we happen to find ourselves in front etc...

Really?

You don't think we've improved from finishing 5th and bombing out of the europa league after losing to a team of danish bin men?

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:33 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

In terms of results, we have. That's not questionable. Not that the barometer was very high
If we have improved in terms football we play, I'm struggling to see it tbh.

What baffles me is, he comes out after the game on Saturday and complains about how we played in the 2nd half, saying we should have continued like the first.

So, what the £#%&! is been said at HT?

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Really?

You don't think we've improved from finishing 5th and bombing out of the europa league after losing to a team of danish bin men?
Results maybe, football ? God no.....

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Really?

yes really.

We're still putrid to watch, we're still making excuses for useless @#%&!s like Pogba, Fellaini is first name on the teamsheet in big games ...we're so far away from where we need to be that we've even started kidding ourselves that Lukaku is actually anything other than an 'out ball'

We'd have taken a hiding off the big boys in Europe 3 years ago & we still would now.

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:38 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

The football media around Europe were disgusted by Utd against Sevilla. No-one in Europe cares about the City excuse, that irrational nonsense that because City have spent a lot of money that it somehow excuses Utd's approach to the game. They are also much less accepting of Mourinho's bullshit.

Imagine Barca/Bayern turning up against Everton in European tie, putting everyone behind the ball and just lumping it an oaf up front after having spent the money Utd have.

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:44 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The football media around Europe were disgusted by Utd against Sevilla. No-one in Europe cares about the City excuse, that irrational nonsense that because City have spent a lot of money that it somehow excuses Utd's approach to the game. They are also much less accepting of Mourinho's bullshit.

Imagine Barca/Bayern turning up against Everton in European tie, putting everyone behind the ball and just lumping it an oaf up front after having spent the money Utd have.
Yep

When you watch the best teams in Europe play you realize elite level football has moved well beyond Jose’s “those who have the ball are afraid” approach to football

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
yes really.

We're still putrid to watch, we're still making excuses for useless @#%&!s like Pogba, Fellaini is first name on the teamsheet in big games ...we're so far away from where we need to be that we've even started kidding ourselves that Lukaku is actually anything other than an 'out ball'

We'd have taken a hiding off the big boys in Europe 3 years ago & we still would now.
I think you've got a very short memory, mate. Let's not forget just 3 years ago teams were turning up at Old Trafford and getting points like it was no biggie.

We are better, the football isn't as good as it should be - particularly in big games, but we definitely play better more effective football than under Moyes and Van Gaal.

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:49 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
I think you've got a very short memory, mate. Let's not forget just 3 years ago teams were turning up at Old Trafford and getting points like it was no biggie.

We are better, the football isn't as good as it should be - particularly in big games, but we definitely play better more effective football than under Moyes and Van Gaal.
It’s easier to get results playing this more basic type of football especially if you spend 300 mill on better individuals

LvG’s football became turgid shite but the general idea was right and is the type of football the best sides in Europe play

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:51 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I don't agree mate, sorry.
Mourinho's just as bad.

Our approach to all games, never mind the big ones is anti-Football (certainly from a United fans perspective & expectation)
I'm sick of it & I miss enjoying my football.
It shouldn't be a bastard chore.

Unread 03-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It’s easier to get results playing this more basic type of football especially if you spend 300 mill on better individuals

LvG’s football became turgid shite but the general idea was right and is the type of football the best sides in Europe
The revisionism is staggering. I can't even get into that debate again, it's draining.

But if you can't acknowledge that we're better now than we were lurching from one humiliating defeat at home to another, having one shot on goal the whole game, then I don't know what to say.
Closed Thread