United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2018, 11:09 PM
jem

jose hitting maximum @#%&!.

Unread 01-04-2018, 11:30 PM
My Name is Heath

I’d like to see us get Maguire from Leicester.

Unread 01-04-2018, 11:32 PM
MagnificentSeven

Unread 01-04-2018, 11:38 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
our poor, attack minded coach & fluid, ruthless forward line would have netted a bagful if it hadn't been for those bloody defenders
Haven't drawn a game in 2018.

Eeeexcept Sevilla away.

Unread 02-04-2018, 01:14 AM
sa7

Portuguese shithead.

Bit pissed tbh

Unread 02-04-2018, 08:39 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I’d like to see us get Maguire from Leicester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Haven't drawn a game in 2018.

Eeeexcept Sevilla away.
not quite sure where we're going with this now.
Just to clarify my point - I think it's an absolute nonsense to suggest our strikers & manager are hindered from playing an attacking game because they don't trust the defence. In fact I think it's one of the biggest load of %@#$&!s I've ever read on here.

Unread 02-04-2018, 09:02 AM
The Stella Fella

Full backs and wingers are the issue.
Shaw fat
Valencia can't cross
Young not long term
Martial Mata Rashers not wingers

Trying to play with makeshift fullbacks is not an option long term in modern football. Trying to accommodate Sanchez Lukaku Rashers Martial into 1 CF position will not work.

Oh and Martial is the new Anelka and will always be a moody @#%&!

Unread 02-04-2018, 11:18 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It is.

Go back and look at the home tie against Sevilla.

You can’t commit players forward in this side because once you leave those at the back exposed they make fundamental errors.

Sanity at last

Unread 02-04-2018, 11:35 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Sanity at last
how good do our defenders need to be before we see some decent attacking football then? just out of interest like.

Liverpool's back 4 is nothing to write home about and they play some good stuff. Spurs' not much better.
I don't even think City have an amazing backline.

Such a bullshit excuse which will be highlighted when Mourinho spends another 100mill or 2 over the summer & we're still garbage to watch.

Unread 02-04-2018, 11:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
how good do our defenders need to be before we see some decent attacking football then? just out of interest like.

Liverpool's back 4 is nothing to write home about and they play some good stuff. Spurs' not much better.
I don't even think City have an amazing backline.

Such a bullshit excuse which will be highlighted when Mourinho spends another 100mill or 2 over the summer & we're still garbage to watch.
Putting it kindly. Liverpool have absolute clowns at the back. But they have an attacking mentality.

Mourinho plays to sit deeper and protect the defence because that's what he's done his whole career. Give him a back four of Maldini, Baresi, Gentile and Thuram and he'd still play deep and on the break in a large amount of big games.

The fact that our defenders are shit means it doesn't work as well, and impedes the ability to build up. It doesn't dictate the tactics.

Unread 02-04-2018, 12:07 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Putting it kindly. Liverpool have absolute clowns at the back. But they have an attacking mentality.

Mourinho plays to sit deeper and protect the defence because that's what he's done his whole career. Give him a back four of Maldini, Baresi, Gentile and Thuram and he'd still play deep and on the break in a large amount of big games.

The fact that our defenders are shit means it doesn't work as well, and impedes the ability to build up. It doesn't dictate the tactics.
So there you go. 100% validation of my point and a cast iron repudiation of MJ's piss weak counter argument.

Unread 02-04-2018, 12:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
jose hitting maximum @#%&!.
Do you automatically believe everything in the media or just those that confirm your bias?

Unread 02-04-2018, 12:57 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Do you automatically believe everything in the media or just those that confirm your bias?
everything. even the contradictory stuff.

you've asked some quite stupid questions recently.

Unread 02-04-2018, 01:13 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by my name is heath
i’d like to see us get maguire from leicester.
get to bed you crank

Unread 02-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Clarkie

I remember we didn't keep a clean sheet for 10 games or something with a defence that consisted of Neville, Johnsen, Stam and Irwin.

I don't actually have a point btw

Unread 02-04-2018, 03:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
So there you go. 100% validation of my point and a cast iron repudiation of MJ's piss weak counter argument.
Tbf it's not like building the play from the back is an absolute cornerstone of Mourinho's tactics. And he's signed two centre-halves for £70m neither of whom are particularly good at it either. Unlocking more from the attacking players is really the main issue.

But this is the Mourinho reality. Results are alright without being spectacular. Approach and general quality of play is as expected.

Unread 02-04-2018, 03:16 PM
Neo

Quote:

Unread 03-04-2018, 01:00 AM
Kangared

LB , midfielder & right winger biggest priorities.

Unread 03-04-2018, 12:52 PM
RemisMoses

I like McGuire at Leicester he's seems to have a Steve Bruce mentality but is decent on the ball for a CB. And he's left footed.

Everyone seems to hate Smalling and Jones they have done for years so maybe its there time to move on. but thinking Baiily will solve all our defensive problems is la la land imo.

Unread 03-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Coracao

Who are the candidates who are going improve us and be realistically obtainable ?
Closed Thread