Default Evra's not been his usual

brilliant self recently

thought he was a bit dodgy at times last night as well

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:00 PM
History

Nope you're wrong he's been just fine.

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Rhodzy

He was probably our best player until he got that stupid ban.

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Ether

Was getting £#%&! all protection last night to be fair, in the first half at least. I think he's still put in some brilliant performances lately, although his overall level hasn't been as high as before his ban.

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Was getting £#%&! all protection last night to be fair, in the first half at least. I think he's still put in some brilliant performances lately, although his overall level hasn't been as high as before his ban.
agreed some poor challenges on him, but there's just something not quite there and we need him to be at his best Saturday I'm sure he will be

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:12 PM
History

Food poisoning from that lobster

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
wee man

got a bit of a chasing from Lennon the other week as well

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:17 PM
borsuk

needs more protection in front of him than he got last night. none of our m/f four were very good at getting wide quickly when inter loaded up one wing and he was caught covering two players at times - unable to go to the winger because he didn't want to leave the player inside. o'shea had a similar problem at times, which he tended to resolve by fouling somebody.

i think evra is much more comfortable with park in front of him and/or one of fletcher or anderson to cover when he gets forward.

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:19 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
needs more protection in front of him than he got last night. none of our m/f four were very good at getting wide quickly when inter loaded up one wing and he was caught covering two players at times - unable to go to the winger because he didn't want to leave the player inside. o'shea had a similar problem at times, which he tended to resolve by fouling somebody.

i think evra is much more comfortable with park in front of him and/or one of fletcher or anderson to cover when he gets forward.
I personally think Evra is at his best with Ronaldo in front of him. The full backs always busy being scared of Ronaldo then Evra comes along and exploits it.

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Food poisoning from that lobster

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:28 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I personally think Evra is at his best with Ronaldo in front of him. The full backs always busy being scared of Ronaldo then Evra comes along and exploits it.
ronnie gets through a lot more defensive work than most people recognise. they see him sitting on his arse after he gets fouled and see him well ahead of the ball when vds has it and assume he's always up there. in fact his positioning and work rate is very good most of the time. doesn't fit the stereotype, though, so it gets ignored.

i think park works best down the left, though. the other point is that scholes and carrick have been slow in covering attack out wide - something fletcher in particular excels at.

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:31 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
ronnie gets through a lot more defensive work than most people recognise. they see him sitting on his arse after he gets fouled and see him well ahead of the ball when vds has it and assume he's always up there. in fact his positioning and work rate is very good most of the time. doesn't fit the stereotype, though, so it gets ignored.

i think park works best down the left, though. the other point is that scholes and carrick have been slow in covering attack out wide - something fletcher in particular excels at.
Interesting, I always prefer Park on the right and Ronnie left.

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:

this is simply not true

even when he 'tracks' back he makes very little attempt to pressure the ball and lets players walk past him. he raely tracks back at all nowadays. Fine to leave him up there as the outlet but he has to take responsibility when he has been out wide, strikers/midfielderes have committed to the box and it hasn't come off for him. he will inevitably stroll back as he watches his opposing number go at our full back and rooney breaks his neck to get back and make up the numbers

nil protection on either side to be honest

he is progressively spending more time on his arse with his hands in the air

evra has been poor for the past few games. last night he got sucked in on a number of occasions and also didn't move out with the back 4 and played them out of position. Vidic went £#%&!ing mental with him after the Zlatan ball into stankovic

he is allowed a bit of a dip considering how incredibly consistent he has been for nearly 3 seasons

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

i personally think United adopted almost exactly the tactics i thought they would in the San Siro, using Ronaldo on the right and trying to open up the other flank by drawing Maicon on. Giggs was deliberately played narrow, but the passing from centre mid (Scholes esp.) was frankly a £#%&!ing joke and United eventually gave it up as a bad job and stookd Rooney out on the flank.

Evra was very good at Newcastle.

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:40 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
this is simply not true

even when he 'tracks' back he makes very little attempt to pressure the ball and lets players walk past him. he raely tracks back at all nowadays. Fine to leave him up there as the outlet but he has to take responsibility when he has been out wide, strikers/midfielderes have committed to the box and it hasn't come off for him. he will inevitably stroll back as he watches his opposing number go at our full back and rooney breaks his neck to get back and make up the numbers

nil protection on either side to be honest

he is progressively spending more time on his arse with his hands in the air

evra has been poor for the past few games. last night he got sucked in on a number of occasions and also didn't move out with the back 4 and played them out of position. Vidic went £#%&!ing mental with him after the Zlatan ball into stankovic

he is allowed a bit of a dip considering how incredibly consistent he has been for nearly 3 seasons

Agree with all that.

Good post.

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agree with all that.

Good post.
kiss of death!

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
kiss of death!

£#%&! off

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:43 PM
History

He's not even having a dip in form though? Well at least i don't think so, he's not gonna get motm every game

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
kiss of death!

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
I knew you'd have a dabble at that

#@&%! nose
Closed Thread