United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Sparky***

Bar a couple of stupid comedy comments in the first 2 mins or so....this is absolutely spot on from Goldbridge.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:23 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
He did. Do people forget where we were after Moyes? LVG turned the ship around. I’m not saying it was pretty but he did it.
Turned it round so it could face sideways?

He did nothing more than what any vaguely competent manager could have done. It might have worked if he had unlimited time and was able to re-structure the club in a way that he no doubt would have done in his 30’s and 40’s. He made some awful decisions and his player management was abysmal.

But mou is no better in and many ways worse. The fact is that the club has lost all censorship - which started under Van Gaal but has been become ridiculously decisive now because mou is such a natural @#%&!.

I can’t see any way back for him because these players simply won’t deliver. The truly sad part is that this merry-go-round of managers has allowed some of the worst players I’ve ever seen at united steal a living for 5/6/7 years +. The next guy has to start again - ship out the shit and start again.

Whichever route we take, we need to accept that 1) we’ll be the laughing stock for quite sometime - I personally hope that our great history in terrace violence makes a decent comeback and 2) this period will coincide with city and Liverpool winning trophies.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Jesus, novice managers weeks into a job can put out a team playing more cohesive football than Utd with massively inferior players, but expecting anything beyond the most basic, functional shite from Mourinho is asking too much.
We get a new manager all the shit @#%&!s get a fresh start and get him sacked in two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
It absolutely would not.

This is his style and has been for 20 years.

Why would he magically change now?

All we would become is a better more functioning version of what we are now

We went for substance over style and didn't even get the substance.
That’s not true. I couldn’t possibly have imagined all those times watching first and second go around at Chelsea and at RM where they were blowing teams off the park. Even under Fergie they made us look like children at times. Look, I think they guy has made mistakes; he may not be the man for us, but let’s not make shit up...

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:32 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We get a new manager all the shit @#%&!s get a fresh start and get him sacked in two years.
Jones will be gone in the Summer, no manager is going to keep him now, Valencia and Young will be downgraded to short term squad players at best with Shaw and Dalot(looks like someone we can be grateful to Mourinho for at least) looking a strength moving forward.

Stuck with Sanchez unless they pay him to leave, declining Matic will probably hang around, Lukaku might bring in a fee close to what Utd paid.

If a new manager gets half a billion, spends it on shite forcing him to rely on the shit@#%&!s then they deserve to go.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:38 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Jones will be gone in the Summer, no manager is going to keep him now, Valencia and Young will be downgraded to short term squad players at best with Shaw and Dalot(looks like someone we can be grateful to Mourinho for at least) looking a strength moving forward.

Stuck with Sanchez unless they play him to leave, declining Matic will probably hang around, Lukaku might bring in a fee close to what Utd paid.

If a new manager gets half a billion, spends it on shite forcing him to rely on the shit@#%&!s then they deserve to go.
be lucky to get £40m for him

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:40 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
be lucky to get £40m for him
This crazy market, and for all his failings he is still a fairly consistent goalscorer, can probably guarantee 25 goals for most teams.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:42 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Turned it round so it could face sideways?

He did nothing more than what any vaguely competent manager could have done. It might have worked if he had unlimited time and was able to re-structure the club in a way that he no doubt would have done in his 30’s and 40’s. He made some awful decisions and his player management was abysmal.

But mou is no better in and many ways worse. The fact is that the club has lost all censorship - which started under Van Gaal but has been become ridiculously decisive now because mou is such a natural @#%&!.

I can’t see any way back for him because these players simply won’t deliver. The truly sad part is that this merry-go-round of managers has allowed some of the worst players I’ve ever seen at united steal a living for 5/6/7 years +. The next guy has to start again - ship out the shit and start again.

Whichever route we take, we need to accept that 1) we’ll be the laughing stock for quite sometime - I personally hope that our great history in terrace violence makes a decent comeback and 2) this period will coincide with city and Liverpool winning trophies.
#heritage

Pretty annoying to have backed ourselves into such a corner right when them two bastards are really beginning to get their shit together but it's done now. Need something to look forward to.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:46 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
#heritage

Pretty annoying to have backed ourselves into such a corner right when them two bastards are really beginning to get their shit together but it's done now. Need something to look forward to.
Death?

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
This crazy market, and for all his failings he is still a fairly consistent goalscorer, can probably guarantee 25 goals for most teams.
Honestly, I’m tired of all of them. Playing the blame game is exhausting because they’re all a £#%&!ing disgrace. I just can’t believe some of these people are playing for Man Utd, still.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:48 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
I look forward to the day some poor £#%&!er buys the useless @#%&!.

I’ve said long before we bought him, he’s £#%&!ing rubbish.

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Death?
Not right now but thanks for the offer

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:56 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Not sure

Look at all the top clubs (who are the only ones who can afford him) and find me one that is isn’t playing a technical possession based style of football
Those clubs aren’t going to want a big lump who needs space on the counter attack to be effective

It was only us and Chelsea who wanted him the previous summer and that’s because Mou and Conte are the only big name managers out there that want a big target man up front

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:59 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Honestly, I’m tired of all of them. Playing the blame game is exhausting because they’re all a £#%&!ing disgrace. I just can’t believe some of these people are playing for Man Utd, still.
Yes, nothing short of pathetic that Fellani of all people is one of the very few players with the balls and heart that a Utd player should have. Pity about his ability. I miss the days of feeling like the whole club was pulling in the same direction, that footballing excellence was everything. Players coming in from all corners of the globe and embracing what Utd was ahead of individual agendas to the point that the rest of their careers are barely remembered. They are/were Utd players, that is their identity and many of them still have that connection to this day.

Unread 25-09-2018, 11:24 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not sure

Look at all the top clubs (who are the only ones who can afford him) and find me one that is isn’t playing a technical possession based style of football
Those clubs aren’t going to want a big lump who needs space on the counter attack to be effective

It was only us and Chelsea who wanted him the previous summer and that’s because Mou and Conte are the only big name managers out there that want a big target man up front
We’ve stung Everton before with Rooney. That’s his level and he needs £#%&!ing off back to them. I despise the lad, always have and always will because he is dull as £#%&!.

If Mourinho had got the bloke he wanted then we’d be in even more trouble. Let’s not forget who helped him get the Lukaku deal over the line too...

Unread 26-09-2018, 04:30 AM
Part 36 Offer

Christ; can things get much worse?

How is this vile imbecile still in a job ffs. I called this years ago; sack the @#%&! ffs.

Unread 26-09-2018, 07:02 AM
dragflick

What a £#%&!ing mess. Mou on his way out. Poggers looking like winning the little power struggle.

Unread 26-09-2018, 07:10 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
What a £#%&!ing mess. Mou on his way out. Poggers looking like winning the little power struggle.
He was always going to win it. We all said.

Unread 26-09-2018, 07:17 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Christ; can things get much worse?

How is this vile imbecile still in a job ffs. I called this years ago; sack the @#%&! ffs.
Agree 100% but when you’re into what will soon be our 5th manager in 6 years, you have to look at the club itself. Having the same bunch of shit @#%&!s playing for us throughout that period, appointing managers with radically different styles and adopting a scatter gun approach to transfers is surely a huge part of the problem. There’s no denying the commercial success that woowar has delivered but that’s time limited if we carry on like this.

Get rid of mou yes but ignore the wider issues and I’ll be surprised if much changes.

Unread 26-09-2018, 07:23 AM
Clownbones

Quote:

That’s not true. I couldn’t possibly have imagined all those times watching first and second go around at Chelsea and at RM where they were blowing teams off the park. Even under Fergie they made us look like children at times. Look, I think they guy has made mistakes; he may not be the man for us, but let’s not make shit up...
Two seasons out of, what, 18 as a manager?

I'm not saying his sides haven't played good football. They have. They Can. They do. We played some last night to score..... but it's not what he's all about. It's not his avatar.

How would you describe him as a manager? What do you associate with him? Honestly, is it attacking football?

If it is, I think we're all deluding ourselves.

When he came here, We all wanted/hoped/expected him to change. Why would we want him to change unless he didn't represent what we valued in the first place?

He hasn't. And nor should he. He's been hugely successful and doesn't have to explain himself to anyone. He knows this and this is why we see his reactions in the media as frequently as we do.

I have three league titles etc etc.

His time has gone though. You can see how football has moved on. The best sides don't play that way anymore. Nobody enjoys it and it's no befitting this club's style.

And it won't change.

He's done some good for us. He's won trophies and he's improved the overall squad, but it isn't enough and now it's all turning toxic like we knew it would.

It's September 26th and our season is already a disaster. And if you think that's hyperbole, fair enough. I don't. We are going absolutely nowhere and will be struggling to make 4th from here on in and will not be within 5 points of a the top all season.

The whole thing needs gutting from top to bottom.

Unread 26-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Buck

Why does he always make out a team that beats us played the game of their lives to do it?

Most of these teams won't have many easier games all season.
Closed Thread