United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-01-2018, 12:56 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf they never actually have to recover the ball. They have 80% possession most weeks. How are they going to pull a muscle passing it around teams?
Makes it sound like they just stand around passing the ball. They’re always on the move, sprinting, pressing and fouling.

Unread 10-01-2018, 01:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Makes it sound like they just stand around passing the ball. They’re always on the move, sprinting, pressing and fouling.
They’re not pressing and fouling when they have the ball, which is often 70% of the match.

They commit the second least fouls in the league btw. 15th in terms of tackles made.

Again, because they usually have the ball.

Unread 10-01-2018, 01:00 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
They are mid table in distance covered. They can execute those quick sprints because, despite the fact that they attack almost all game, so much of it is with the ball, making the opposition move about too.
Does that half the teams in the league don’t run then? None of them get muscle injuries?

Quote:
He said he has systematically managed teams of drug cheats.

Jaap Stam was also caught up in that drugs furore just after leaving United. Fergie obviously at it too. Maybe some of our titles should be stripped
Well, if drugs were rife and we were the dominant team at the time...

Unread 10-01-2018, 01:03 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Does that half the teams in the league don’t run then? None of them get muscle injuries?
City’s lack of running is remarkable relative to the way they play. They commit lots of players forward and they pass and move. You’d think they’d be running a lot.

But most of their running is off the ball, rather than closing down as Sparky suggested. Running to make angles for each other is far less gruelling than chasing the ball.

Unread 10-01-2018, 01:04 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
They’re not pressing and fouling when they have the ball, which is often 70% of the match.

They commit the second least fouls in the league btw. 15th in terms of tackles made.

Again, because they usually have the ball.
Does no one run when they have the ball?

Quote:
Running to make angles for each other is far less gruelling than chasing the ball.
Don’t talk bullocks.

Unread 10-01-2018, 01:08 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Does no one run when they have the ball?

Don’t talk bullocks.
Trust me, if you have a team who have the ball and their players are running to create 2v1 situations, make angles, drifting in behind, and the other team are running to close down, track sudden runs or trying to win the ball off dribblers who twist and turn.

I know which side I’d bet on to get tired more quickly, and pull more muscles.

Or we could just say they’re all on drugs

Unread 10-01-2018, 01:38 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Hence getting rid, noting to do with Fergie not liking his new kitchen his Doris ordered
Aye, he well failed an internal drug test when he came back for pre season training. Good job we did f*** him off or we’d be stripped of everything we’d ever won.

Is weird that his players go to Barça for a variety of injury treatments. Should have a WADA rep went on holiday with them.

Unread 10-01-2018, 02:07 AM
Buck

After years of being accused by rival fans of having referees in Fergie's pockets just going to stay above that shit.

Unread 10-01-2018, 06:11 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Liverpool are at home this time, though. Even in the last few years Anfield has been one of city's more difficult grounds.

Very possibly a draw tbh.
they havent won there since 2003

Unread 10-01-2018, 07:45 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I’m not saying anything other than I hope to £#%&! they don’t win anything more than a double this year. I’d say the same about any prem club that had an opportunity to eclipse our greatest ever achievement. My specific concern is that there doesn’t appear to be as much as I’d like there to be standing in their way - I’m often hopelessly wrong about shit like this and I hope that to be the case.

Not sure where all this ‘man-up’ stuff has come from. I’m not some dribbling wreck in the corner, I just don’t want our local rivals to win lots and have the structure to keep doing so. Why on earth do people on here and every united fan I know celebrate their losses or react in any way at all if it all can be so easily dismissed. Not sure why that’s controversial. They’re a close rival - that’s how football support works.

Your response is to put your hands over your ears and shout as loudly as you can,”it doesn’t matter they’re drug cheats, it doesn’t matter it’s just oil money” repeatedly to anyone who will £#%&!ing listen. And I’m not sure where all this calm has come from, you’re all over most match threads with your anxiety laden ‘they’re going to win the lot aren’t they’ type posts. I’d say that was a childish way of dealing with it if anything.

I’m acutely aware of city’s place in the world versus ours and how they won’t ever be considered by previous generations or ours as a great club so please don’t miss read this but the ‘greatest club in the world’ label is a transient thing. Just ask Liverpool fans. Well don’t actually, because they still think they are. I think throwing that around based on past success is a dangerous road to take.
Well said. Delighted to see the OOT crew are fine with City wiping the floor with the universe. As for the delusion that they’re going to get battered in Europe, I just don’t understand what people are watching. The quadruple is about as nailed on as anything I’ve ever seen.

Unread 10-01-2018, 08:11 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Well said. Delighted to see the OOT crew are fine with City wiping the floor with the universe. As for the delusion that they’re going to get battered in Europe, I just don’t understand what people are watching. The quadruple is about as nailed on as anything I’ve ever seen.
Sparkles (London), andyroo (Australian Irish) and siders (London) all fine with city’s runaway success. “Man up ffs”.

Unread 10-01-2018, 08:19 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Nailed on

Unread 10-01-2018, 08:19 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sparkles (London), andyroo (Australian Irish) and siders (London) all fine with city’s runaway success. “Man up ffs”.
Stand by it.

Especially the “you don’t have to live with them; kids go to school with them “ stuff which really does show how easy you’ve had it tbh. Sparks is a bit older than me I think but he’d have grown up in London partly when United were shite ffs. Surrounded by cockney scousers and Arsenal fans.

So forgive him if he’s not worried that you might have to put up with a bit of local stick for the first time.

Unread 10-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Stand by it.

Especially the “you don’t have to live with them; kids go to school with them “ stuff which really does show how easy you’ve had it tbh. Sparks is a bit older than me I think but he’d have grown up in London partly when United were shite ffs. Surrounded by cockney scousers and Arsenal fans.

So forgive him if he’s not worried that you might have to put up with a bit of local stick for the first time.
‘Local stick’. I can’t believe what I’m reading so kudos if it’s a WUM

Unread 10-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Stand by it.

Sparky isn’t that old.

HTH.

Unread 10-01-2018, 08:29 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Sparky isn’t that old.

HTH.
Mid 30s isn’t he?

ASL?

My Name is Keith

Quote:
Stand by it.

United were shite and London club’s were dominant when exactly? cockney scousers I’ve worked with actual phlegm throwers all my life. Give over, it’s not nearly the same.

Anyway, the point about being around them is a minor one - their success is irritating to me and should be to us however sparky wants to paint it.

dunk

Quote:
Stand by it.

When are you talking? A year or 2 here and there out of the last 30 years?

Unread 10-01-2018, 08:30 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Mid 30s isn’t he?

ASL?
Right.....

So we were shit in the 90’s were we ?

Unread 10-01-2018, 08:32 AM
dunk

Quote:
United were shite and London club’s were dominant when exactly? cockney scousers I’ve worked with actual phlegm throwers all my life. Give over, it’s not nearly the same.

Anyway, the point about being around them is a minor one - their success is irritating to me and should be to us however sparky wants to paint it.
The North West of England has always been the stronghold of success in English football, be it Liverpool, United or its looking like City couple of #@&%!ey blips here and there, no more, Arsenal being the main beneficiary most of the time.
Closed Thread