United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 13-01-2010, 12:37 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

What do you suggest COD? Will chanting outside the ground help? Will people not turning up help?

I don't know the answer and I doubt anyone else does.

Unread 13-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblack
Well giving money to the Glazers hasn't worked either. At least you can get your money back from MUST.
I didn't even know this. Thick me thought it was a donation.

Unread 13-01-2010, 12:39 PM
believe

how is the ffw going?

Unread 13-01-2010, 12:41 PM
My Name is Keith

Form another club 8 miles away and take 3000 + of the most vocal and militant anti-glazerites safely out of sight and out of earshot?

Unread 13-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Form another club 8 miles away and take 3000 + of the most vocal and militant anti-glazerites safely out of sight and out of earshot?

Unread 13-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Child of Darkness

the answer is depressingly simple .

1 Dont pay the man - Not one penny. watch it in the pub or go to FC

Only if you continue to fund him can he continue to leech the club dry.

If enough people did this he would have no revenue . The company (not the club) goes bankrupt - we the fans buy the company only if we the fans control the club as a one member one vote organisation.

Only As long as we the fans stick togethor and pool our resources will we have any power. We could have a central register of people who did not renew - onve the club is re born tose that gave up the ST get first choice on seats.

2 We picket warwick road, we flashmob the mega store . We bombard the newspapers, the radio and the TV.

There will be a tipping point when a movement like this has enough momentum that it becomes irrestible.

3 You have to be be prepared to sacrifice going to the match for a season or so tho. No revenue ='s no investors for the bond.

4 Remember 95% of UTDs revenue comes from the UK . Utd will be in desperate financial peril - it would take 5 years to re build the club - but £#%&! it we have been here before in 58 haven't we?

You the person reading this wont do owt tho will you????

Unread 13-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
the fact is tho if YOU and everyone like you had done just that - glazers scheme would have died in its infancy .

so its our fault for doing exactly what we said we'd do ?

Unread 13-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

1 Dont pay the man - Not one penny. watch it in the pub or go to FC

Only if you continue to fund him can he continue to leech the club dry.

If enough people did this he would have no revenue . The company (not the club) goes bankrupt - we the fans buy the company only if we the fans control the club as a one member one vote organisation.

As long as we the fans stick togethor and pool our resources will we have any power. We could have a central register of people who did not renew - onve the club is re born tose that gave up the ST get first choice on seats.

2 We picket warwick road, we flashmob the mega store . We bombard the newspapers, the radio and the TV.

There will be a tipping point when a movement like this has enough momentum that it becomes irrestible.

3 You have to be be prepared to sacrifice going to the match for a season or so tho. No revenue ='s no investors for the bond.

4 Remember 95% of UTDs revenue comes from the UK . Utd will be in desperate financial peril - it would take 5 years to re build the club - but £#%&! it we have been here before in 58 haven't we?

You the person reading this wont do owt tho - so don't £#%&!in moan about it
Hardly going to happen though is it with the cockney reds and stupid kids the world over buying tops and duvets every few months.

Unread 13-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Hardly going to happen though is it with the cockney reds and stupid kids the world over buying tops and duvets every few months.
turn over =278 mill

109 mill is match day revenue

40% of that is corporate = loads of picketing/trouble ='s no revenue - just how much revenue would we have to choke off to kill his scheme?

Not that much I reckon

Unread 13-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Stickman

I'm off to watch City.

Unread 13-01-2010, 01:02 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
the fact is tho if YOU and everyone like you had done just that - glazers scheme would have died in its infancy .

so its our fault for doing exactly what we said we'd do ?
I agree entirely Codders. But it quickly became clear that too few were £#%&!ing it off after which FC loses it's primary remit imo and eventually becomes a blessing for the Glazers.

Unread 13-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:

go to FC
Ahhh, the real reason you started this thread:shakehead:

Unread 13-01-2010, 01:14 PM
armchair

Quote:
turn over =278 mill

109 mill is match day revenue

40% of that is corporate = loads of picketing/trouble ='s no revenue - just how much revenue would we have to choke off to kill his scheme?
Not that much I reckon
Why haven't you been doing that all along?

Unread 13-01-2010, 01:19 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Why haven't you been doing that all along?
Demarcation comrade

That was deemed the remit for the " Fight From Within"

Unread 13-01-2010, 01:24 PM
magic_cantona

Before making any decisions, I'm going to wait for shenwen to come on and call me chubby.

Unread 13-01-2010, 01:25 PM
crock

Quote:
I agree entirely Codders. But it quickly became clear that too few were £#%&!ing it off after which FC loses it's primary remit imo and eventually becomes a blessing for the Glazers.
But it only became 'a blessing' for the Glazers because there was still 70k willing to cough up.

I can understand your point, even though I was one of those that chose the FC route but you can't blame some people for the apathy of others.

It broke my heart to walk away after 40 years but you can only do what you think right at the time and the simple truth is that too many thought it right to stay and line the Glazers pockets. That effectively ended it, not those 3,000+ that went to FC.

I can see both points and agonised over the decision I made but (even now) I can't see any evidence that everybody staying would have made a blind bit of difference anyway, the Glazers didn't give a shit what the fans thought, money is their only language.

Unread 13-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Before making any decisions, I'm going to wait for shenwen to come on and call me chubby.
if he doesnt do it within, lets say an hour, can i do it instead?

Unread 13-01-2010, 01:26 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
if he doesnt do it within, lets say an hour, can i do it instead?
Of course you can, mate

Unread 13-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Time for the greater manchester element to step up imo. You're there all teh time, most of you are between jobs, ideal. The papers will eat it up.

Can't keep relying on the ooters tbh. Like you so often say, this is your club.

Unread 13-01-2010, 01:31 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by crock
But it only became 'a blessing' for the Glazers because there was still 70k willing to cough up.

I can understand your point, even though I was one of those that chose the FC route but you can't blame some people for the apathy of others.

It broke my heart to walk away after 40 years but you can only do what you think right at the time and the simple truth is that too many thought it right to stay and line the Glazers pockets. That effectively ended it, not those 3,000+ that went to FC.

I can see both points and agonised over the decision I made but (even now) I can't see any evidence that everybody staying would have made a blind bit of difference anyway, the Glazers didn't give a shit what the fans thought, money is their only language.
Maybe .00001% of people thought "I'm going to stay to line the glazers pockets." For the rest, they were just going to watch their team regardless of the complicated high finance stuff going on that, as normal supporters, had nothing to do with them.