Unread 17-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Lok

Infuriating. Its never going to click.

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:26 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Infuriating. Its never going to click.
No, it's not! Regardless of who the manager is.

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:52 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Cool but, not what I've read on here previously.

*Not you btw
I think he’s a fantastic talent but players his age in that position are inconsistent by their very nature and will struggle if playing in a team that’s not performing.

Unread 18-03-2018, 12:00 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I think he’s a fantastic talent but players his age in that position are inconsistent by their very nature and will struggle if playing in a team that’s not performing.
Whilst I agree overall, I've read descriptions that basically outline him to be the heir to Messi or Ronaldo's throne

He has the talent but, he is not doing it! The most effective I've seen him this season was coming from the bench, after 70 odd mins, when opposition were £#%&!ed...

Hudderfield away...We lost...Within the 3rd minute, he got tackled fairly and dispossessed and he went moaning to the referee...Disappeared for the other 90 minutes...Yet, I'm told it's everyone elses' fault.

It is baffling

Unread 18-03-2018, 12:10 AM
ZiggyStardust

Think he’s downed tools a bit

Didn’t look arsed in the least as he misplaced pass after pass in the final third

Needs to be coached as he’s got some bad habits
Think if a Pep or Poch got a hold of him he could turn into a great player as the talent is clear

Unread 18-03-2018, 12:12 AM
Billy Redface

He looked at his best when he got a run around the new year.

And then was moved to accommodate Sanchez.

Unread 18-03-2018, 12:14 AM
Crumps

Anyone playing on the left of our attack is gonna suffer at the lack of event back up from a left back. Young checking back on to his right foot to swing one in......: brilliant.

Unread 18-03-2018, 12:15 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He looked at his best when he got a run around the new year.

And then was moved to accommodate Sanchez.
Ah OK....So that's the reason why he threw the toys out of the pram at Huddersfield and when he got a finger in the cheek against Newcastle.

Unread 18-03-2018, 12:29 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Ah OK....So that's the reason why he threw the toys out of the pram at Huddersfield and when he got a finger in the cheek against Newcastle.

I have no idea what either of those things mean.

Unread 18-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I have no idea what either of those things mean.
You said it's because of Sanchez...

How do you explain him throwing in the towel against Huddersfield after 3 minutes and how can you blame Sanchez for Martial sulking over a finger in the cheek against Newcastle?

Unread 18-03-2018, 02:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Whilst I agree overall, I've read descriptions that basically outline him to be the heir to Messi or Ronaldo's throne

He has the talent but, he is not doing it! The most effective I've seen him this season was coming from the bench, after 70 odd mins, when opposition were f***ed...

Hudderfield away...We lost...Within the 3rd minute, he got tackled fairly and dispossessed and he went moaning to the referee...Disappeared for the other 90 minutes...Yet, I'm told it's everyone elses' fault.

It is baffling
Doesn't matter if he does it or not, he'll still get dropped. Ferguson always said you don't drop a form striker or you'll lose him. Martial's goals per minute ratio this season is very good; he's done as much as could be asked. Yet when he hit peak form he's replaced by new signing or to accommodate others. Whether he's got what it takes, who knows. But he clearly has never really been trusted.

Unread 18-03-2018, 02:45 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Doesn't matter if he does it or not, he'll still get dropped. Ferguson always said you don't drop a form striker or you'll lose him. Martial's goals per minute ratio this season is very good; he's done as much as could be asked. Yet when he hit peak form he's replaced by new signing or to accommodate others. Whether he's got what it takes, who knows. But he clearly has never really been trusted.
And had his number stripped from him before he kicked a ball for the new manager, who subsequently moved the other form Young forward to play in the same position as him to accommodate an old man.. can never have felt wanted tbh.

Unread 18-03-2018, 02:53 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Again though, that doesn't answer my post...

I'm not trying to be insulting here but, from my understanding what you and Dunk have posted in the past, I'm supposed to be watching the French Lionel Messi here..

I'm not seeing it and never have tbh...Maybe I'm wrong on this matter.

Having said that, Dunk saying he's shit because he got his number 9 taken off him kind of cheapens the whole argument....

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And had his number stripped from him before he kicked a ball for the new manager, who subsequently moved the other form Young forward to play in the same position as him to accommodate an old man.. can never have felt wanted tbh.
That was a bizarre move, but it was recoverable. Players and managers don't have to get along great, but not feeling trusted is a big deal. To me it's quite obvious that Martial should be starting far more than the 50% of league games he does under Mou.

Saffers said earlier that he's having his best ever season, yet he hasn't even beaten his goal tally from his breakthrough year at Monaco when he was a teenager ffs 17 goals in his debut season at United. Looks unlikely to match that now with 11

dunk

Quote:

I'm not trying to be insulting here but, from my understanding what you and Dunk have posted in the past, I'm supposed to be watching the French Lionel Messi here..

Having said that, Dunk saying he's shit because he got his number 9 taken off him kind of cheapens the whole argument....
You're an utter £#%&!ing idiot lad.

Unread 18-03-2018, 02:54 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Yep...

Perfect reasoning for not being arsed or giving it all for his club

The number 9 has all his secret powers. He's useless without it. Wonder would Pogba improve if we gave him a different number? Perhaps he might feel more wanted

Unread 18-03-2018, 02:54 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Yes you have, pal. During his first season here when he constantly dug us out the shit at 19 years old. I doubt you were posting back then that you couldn't see it with him, but feel free to link me otherwise and I'll retract that assertion

Unread 18-03-2018, 02:57 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Yes you have, pal. During his first season here when he constantly dug us out the shit at 19 years old. I doubt you were posting back then that you couldn't see it with him, but feel free to link me otherwise and I'll retract that assertion
Well, it's 2am. I'm sad enough to be online now with you. I'm not going to go up a level and go search my post history tbf.

If you were saying he was the next Lionel Messi back then, that's your call so. Personally, I think you're deluded and very wrong but, alas

Quote:
You're an utter f***ing idiot lad.
Why?

Because I don't think he's the next Lionel Messi like you?

Yep...Idiot I am....If Only I had the number 9

Unread 18-03-2018, 03:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Yep...

Perfect reasoning for not being arsed or giving it all for his club

The number 9 has all his secret powers. He's useless without it. Wonder would Pogba improve if we gave him a different number? Perhaps he might feel more wanted
You’re a dick.

The manager undermined him and basically told him he had not interest in him before a ball was kicked in his reign. He’s barely given him 3 consecutive starts in his entire tenure.

You may not understand it, but it’s not about the number, it’s about intention and belief. Mourinho stripped the top scorer of his number and then barely picked him or trusted him at any point after that. It’s rank bad management.

No one said anything abort him being the next Messi either, just that he’s one of if not the best attacking talent at the club, which there’s little argument about tbh.

Unread 18-03-2018, 03:02 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
You’re a dick.

The manager undermined him and basically told him he had not interest in him before a ball was kicked in his reign. He’s barely given him 3 consecutive starts in his entire tenure.

You may not understand it, but it’s not about the number, it’s abour intention and belief. Mourinho stripped the top scorer of his number and then barely picked him or trusted him at any point after that. It’s rank bad management.
How do you know I'm a dick? You don't know me tbf. Unless you catch a flight over here, you never will. Sad scenes with the name calling tbf.

Basically what you're saying is, everyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong and you can ignore Martial's shortcomings because you hate the manager and that makes you right
Closed Thread