United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-04-2023, 09:46 PM
NedKelly

Default David de Gea must go - the Campaign starts NOW

This guy. He’s like a headless chicken. I’ve defended him in the past but enough is enough. I’ve decided he must go.

Unread 20-04-2023, 09:48 PM
silv

i’m in

Unread 20-04-2023, 09:48 PM
dunk

Let me think about it..

Unread 20-04-2023, 09:49 PM
Ethers

Think it was the Arsenal game I went all in after previously defending him.

He needs to go. It’s that simple. £#%&! him.

Unread 20-04-2023, 09:49 PM
MagnificentSeven

really saddening to see what he has become. from around 2012 to 2018 he was one of the best in the world, at the very least. now he's like that pet you feel you need to put to sleep.

Unread 20-04-2023, 09:51 PM
AK14

He’s been a problem for a few seasons tbf

But we had bigger issues to deal with

Other than a striker he’s now our biggest problem.

Unread 20-04-2023, 09:52 PM
RedNick80

Nice guy and great shot stopper, which TBF has come in handy for the years we’ve been shit but now we are starting to get it together its never going to work. Adios

Unread 20-04-2023, 09:54 PM
dunk

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there aren’t ‘bigger issues’ he’s the £#%&!ing bedrock. He’s £#%&!. He undermines the whole team. He constantly puts us under pressure and allows us to be out under pressure. He’s been doing it throughout his time here, he had a purple patch of a couple of seasons 2015/16 and has an eye catching save in his locker, but he’s a £#%&!ing terrible goalkeeper.

Dr Stranger

A big problem for us and have been for a while. Ofcourse the occasional worldie and new defenders doing a good job pulls the wool over people’s eyes.

He needed to go after that Chelsea semi final during Covid. I said then that any errors he makes are on us for sticking with him.

He’s survived the manager and he’s still here. Ridiculous.

Apart from quick reactions, he does nothing well. None of the basics. Add to the fact that he’s buck-passing coward, he’s not even a ten Hag style goalkeeper.

Owner depending, we’ll be getting a new keeper this summer.

Him and Maguire cannot be starting together next season under any circumstances.

Hyman_Roth

Happy to £#%&! him off. Need to find a better available keeper which is a challenge.

But perhaps we just have to get another keeper now regardless.

Unread 20-04-2023, 09:57 PM
dunk

‘Lucky it was straight at him..’

Just £#%&! off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Happy to £#%&! him off. Need to find a better available keeper which is a challenge.

But perhaps we just have to get another keeper now regardless.
It’s not. Any even halfway competent keeper would be better. Before the Liverpool nightmare, Hendo had done for him, we were miles better without him and he was a gonner that summer but for Henderson getting Covid.

Henderson isn’t a long term solution, but he’s better than de Gea.

Unread 20-04-2023, 09:57 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Just £#%&! off.

It’s not. Any even halfway competent keeper would be better. Before the Liverpool nightmare, Hendo had done for him, we were miles better without him and he was a gonner that summer but for Henderson getting Covid.

he is a half competent keeper. his shot stopping is second to none

it’s the rest of the game that £#%&!s him up

Unread 20-04-2023, 09:58 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Just £#%&! off.

I disagree but I can’t be arsed arguing with you when you have such a hard on.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:00 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Just £#%&! off.

Henderson is another flappy @#%&! who would bring his own set of problems. It is imperative we bring in a competent keeper. I’ll settle for a 7.5/10 who can control his box and give clear instructions to defenders.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:01 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Just £#%&! off.

Henderson will never play for us again.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:01 PM
Medlock

Just want a keeper who can come out and get a cross. The corners v Forest on Sunday were comically bad

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:03 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Just want a keeper who can come out and get a cross. The corners v Forest on Sunday were comically bad
This, we concede so many chances because he doesn’t command his area. Never gets properly picked up on by pundits and commentators.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:03 PM
magic_cantona

Awful, awful, awful.

Said we should've sold him after the Villareal final and I stick with that.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Henderson will never play for us again.
I know, that's not the point. The team improved immeasurably with Henderson there. That proves it's not difficult to replace de Gea, because Henderson is shit.

Unread 20-04-2023, 10:04 PM
AK14

I think what Dunk is saying is- Henderson isn’t very good, but he is a more competent keeper than what Dave is.

We need to go big for a CF and a keeper in the summer. Knowing the muppets above Tenners they haven’t even been scouting keepers so have no clue who’s out there and available.

We'll probably end up with that weird looking @#%&! from Leeds after they get relegated.