United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Mr_Ed

Default Rooney....

Wayne Rooney says he is prepared to miss Manchester United's Champions League trip to CSKA Moscow if it clashes with wife Coleen giving birth.

Do you agree or not?

Personally I think he should be there... then he can be back to £#%&! the scouse @#%&!s over on Sat/Sun.

Unread 01-10-2009, 11:56 PM
History

Default Re: Rooney....

Link?

He truly is a top red When can he be offically a 'manc'? 5 years is more than enough time isnt it?

Unread 01-10-2009, 11:59 PM
shadowplay

I would hope he doesn't play out there, anyway.

Anfield the Sunday after.

Unread 02-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Mr_Ed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/8286190.stm

Unread 02-10-2009, 12:04 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Link?

He truly is a top red When can he be offically a 'manc'? 5 years is more than enough time isnt it?

Shit i read it wrong

I thought it said he isnt prepared to miss. £#%&! OFF ROONEY SCOUSE @#%&!

Unread 02-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Spiffy

Benitez fell out with Alonso over this. Those with kids will tell you that it's more important than any game of football. If he wanted to miss a game so he was fresh for England then no. If it's a one off then of course. How much use will he be on the pitch if he knows his wife is giving birth to his best mates kid?

Unread 02-10-2009, 12:08 AM
History

Im sure him and his gypo wife will have lots of kids, how many times will he play in a champions league GROUP STAGE!

Unread 02-10-2009, 12:31 AM
BarryX

From a pshychological view point it is surely better he stays at home. Wouldn't want a pissed off, unfocussed Rooney prowling round that shitty astroturf for 90 minutes...let him enjoy the moment and be fresh for the next big game.

We can play a 4-5-1 out there and get the result anyway.

Unread 02-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
From a pshychological view point it is surely better he stays at home. Wouldn't want a pissed off, unfocussed Rooney prowling round that shitty astroturf for 90 minutes...let him enjoy the moment and be fresh for the next big game.

We can play a 4-5-1 out there and get the result anyway.
Precisely. We can drop him from all the games and get to the QF's. One game is £#%&! all, I wouldn't want him pissed off.

Unread 02-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Sloane

RI said she had booked into to have a cesarean - obviously not
next u will tell me the suns transfer stories are made up

Unread 02-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
RI said she had booked into to have a cesarean - obviously not
next u will tell me the suns transfer stories are made up
The Sun's transfer strories are more reliable than most newspapers.

MOTWYW.

She probably has booked herself in for a cesarian, posh did that too. No way will she have picked a time Rooney is in Russia. It'll be done on a Tuesday morning when we're not playing a mid week game, assuming we have a window like that when she's due.

Made up story.

Unread 02-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Ethers

I think it's better he stays at home, but I think it's a decision for the manager to take, not the player.

Unread 02-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
I think it's better he stays at home, but I think it's a decision for the manager to take, not the player.
He should ask SAF for the day off and SAF should say yes. If he doesn't he's risking upsetting our best player unnecessarily.

Unread 02-10-2009, 01:05 AM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
then he can be back to £#%&! the scouse @#%&!s
But that's what's got us into this mess in the first place...

Unread 02-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
He should ask SAF for the day off and SAF should say yes. If he doesn't he's risking upsetting our best player unnecessarily.
Boo £#%&!ing hoo.

I'm sure SAF would have given him the day off anyway. If he's gone to Fergie demanding it off, then I hope he gets made to travel then put on the bench

And I do emphasise the if, as I'm not taking the story for granted. It's probably %@#$&!s.

Unread 02-10-2009, 02:17 AM
tatty

Apparently many women poo when they give birth.

I wonder if I wrote to Colleen...

Unread 02-10-2009, 04:54 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Quote:
Boo £#%&!ing hoo.

I'm sure SAF would have given him the day off anyway. If he's gone to Fergie demanding it off, then I hope he gets made to travel then put on the bench

And I do emphasise the if, as I'm not taking the story for granted. It's probably %@#$&!s.
Are you on drugs? Where did I say Rooney should demand it? I think we're in agreement that SAF should give him the time off, it's not like Rooney is throwing sickies like Saha used to and Hargreaves does.

Unread 02-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Billy Baroo

i'm pretty sure legally he is entitled to that time off

i can't believe there is even a debate about it, why should footballers be any different to other working fathers?

Unread 02-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Boo £#%&!ing hoo.

Agreed, and if he doesn't like that, he might aswell just hand in a transfer request.

Sometimes I really do wonder who this guy thinks he is.

Unread 02-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

so you'd stay at work when your child is being born just because the boss had an important meeting would you?

give the lad a £#%&!ing break. besides, he'd be better off there anyway, if she is giving birth his head won't be in the game anyway
Closed Thread