Louis Van Gaal 26 55.32%
The mediocre players 8 17.02%
Injuries 2 4.26%
Believe 11 23.40%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Cream

Default Who do you blame for the current rut?

It's not going too great at the minute, but what's the root cause?

Unread 19-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

LVG, hes got rid of shit@#%&!s, only to replace them with more expensive shit@#%&!s... ( bar martial, lads going to be great)

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Red Al

LVG

That's what managers are paid for so the buck stops with them plus Utd are a club that gives them full control

He's had money
Supporting fans
A year and a half in the job(which is a long time these days)

No excuses for this today as its not just one of them games that happen from time to time

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
LVG

That's what managers are paid for so the buck stops with them plus Utd are a club that gives them full control

He's had money
Supporting fans
A year and a half in the job(which is a long time these days)

No excuses for this today as its not just one of them games that happen from time to time
And Ryan Giggs into the bargain. Can't ask for more than that tbf.

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Pop

Ferie/Bobby Charlton

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:04 PM
boreez

Not certain. But I think having one man in charge for so long, as glorious as it often was, has left the whole club in a rut with a long uphill battle to adapt to the aftermath.

I think it can be turned around, but perhaps not while certain powerful parties are still around.

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Ferie/Bobby Charlton
Did you see David Gill pissing his sides in the stands today?

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Mr_Ed

Ferguson

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez
Not certain. But I think having one man in charge for so long, as glorious as it often was, has left the whole club in a rut with a long uphill battle to adapt to the aftermath.

I think it can be turned around, but perhaps not while certain powerful parties are still around.
This.

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:07 PM
ZiggyStardust

No one person is ever solely responsible but as the saying goes the buck stops with the manager

He's sold loads of players and signed loads of players and has had 2 summer transfer windows
It's his squad and he's made a dog's dinner of it

How he could leave us with only Rooney, Martial and Memphis as our only first team forward players is ludicrous and has probably cost him his job

The main job of a manager is to get the best out of the players available and LvG has completely failed in that

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Clarkie

There are a lot of problems at the club right now

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:11 PM
Swagger

Shaws brittle bones derailed our season.

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:15 PM
ziggyman17

The buck stops with the manager.. He is the one in charge, when the shit hits the fan, then the manager has to take the blame, he picks the team, tactics, does the training sessions, if the players are messing around behind the scenes, then he should have the balls to come out and call them out in public to the fans..

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:16 PM
ryanMUFC

It's the manager. The players aren't playing for him. The players may not be good enough but he's responsible for the shit that's been brought in and clearing out key players from last time we won the league.

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger
Shaws brittle bones derailed our season.
A lot of truth in this - but if you are dependent on any one player that much, things are not exactly ideal.

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:22 PM
MJ Ramone

unquestionably the manager.
The players are largely very poor indeed, but no United side should be losing back to back League games against Bournemouth & Norwich - never mind ballsing up a relatively kind CL Group.

I understand the mentality of standing by the manager. I hate to think we're just another Club where the manager changes every 5 minutes, but Fergie was a freak of nature.
We'll have loads of teething problems.

If we were losing 4-5 in a reckless Keegan'esque way I'd be inclined to stand by the manager & hope he turns it around, but the Football is shocking & Van Gaal is a £#%&!ing bore (except for when he's pissed)

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:26 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Di Maria.

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:27 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Did I just hear that right? Seven shots on target in our last four home games

Unread 19-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Harri Jaffa

There's a few reasons

Not reinvesting the Ronaldo money properly

Not getting rid of dead wood earlier. Anderson the obvious one of course

Hiring that #@&%! to replace freggles

Some of our players playing like utter shithouses

LvG being really a bit £#%&!. Of course you can argue that the players he has aren't all that but he's done better with less money in the past so maybe he's just past it...

Unread 19-12-2015, 07:10 PM
irk

The "club" is a bloated cash cow run by small-minded and short-sighted business #@&%!s who know how to do a deal for the official toilet roll supplier but don't have a £#%&!ing clue about football as it's not their priority. I reckon we're doomed to a good few years of bad of field decisions and little on field success. The glazers will still make plenty money though, and that's what matters after all.
Closed Thread