Owen 3 2.78%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 18-08-2009, 12:33 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I reckon so.

Awesome player, criminally written off by know nothings.
Yep. He is an absolute joy to watch and I think his ability on the ball is actually underrated.

If he plays central all season he'll score/set up a lot of goals and have a great season.

He is such a threat playing central.

Unread 18-08-2009, 12:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Evra for me.

Clearance off the line
Attacking threat going forward
Strong at the back, shrugging off bigger more imposing players

For me Berbatov comes deep and plays some nice balls but then does not chase hard into the area to get on the end of moves he's helped set up - more urgency needed.

Rooney is still popping up in all sorts of positions such as right back to collect the ball - still "trying too hard" and expending energy in the wrong areas.

Think he got in the box much more in this game than he did last season which is encouraging in his first game since Fergie stated he was gonna play him further forward.

Mike Phelan echoed your thoughts on Rooney in an interview apparantly, saying he needs to stay up front more and stop wasting energy elsewhere.

Still i think there were signs in the 1st half that the partnership can work well.

Unread 18-08-2009, 12:50 PM
wiganste

I thought Berbs did ok, especially in the 1st half.

He got into some decent positions, had one saved by Hart who I thought was excellent for Brum, set one up when he nodded it wide for the cross which led to the goal, was clean through and was rugby tackled. Linked up well with Fabio & Valencia although I did notice he was reluctant to pass it to Nani.

2nd half, clear penalty - how that wasn't given is a mystery. Faded after that but a decent show for his 1st game.

Unread 18-08-2009, 12:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I thought Berbs did ok, especially in the 1st half.

He got into some decent positions, had one saved by Hart who I thought was excellent for Brum, set one up when he nodded it wide for the cross which led to the goal, was clean through and was rugby tackled. Linked up well with Fabio & Valencia although I did notice he was reluctant to pass it to Nani.

2nd half, clear penalty - how that wasn't given is a mystery. Faded after that but a decent show for his 1st game.
Not sure that wasn't more down to scholes legs going and United losing the midfield, 'cos it seemed to me that both Berbatov and Rooney then ended up going deeper and deeper looking for the ball and became less of a threat as a result.

Unread 18-08-2009, 12:56 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not sure that wasn't more down to scholes legs going and United losing the midfield, 'cos it seemed to me that both Berbatov and Rooney then ended up going deeper and deeper looking for the ball and became less of a threat as a result.
I dunno. I think that stamp on his foot had an effect on him and he was rightly subbed imo. I actually think Owen will start at Burnley & Berbs will be on the bench.

Unread 18-08-2009, 01:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I dunno. I think that stamp on his foot had an effect on him and he was rightly subbed imo. I actually think Owen will start at Burnley & Berbs will be on the bench.
I certainly thought it was the right time to bring Owen on and also that Berbatov was the right one to makeway as rooney was playing better.

Thought Owen showed some good signs with the runs he made but I'd like to see berbatov and Rooney start again, I just think we chop and change the team far too much.

Unread 18-08-2009, 01:13 PM
berba

who was that @#%&!ing ref anyways?

for every appeal he would just give a

look

Unread 18-08-2009, 02:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Rooney. His cushioned chest pass to set Owen through at the end was the 'play of the day' for me. But it was nice to see Evra back in good form; hopefully he's over his dip from the second half of last season. Great to see two of our most important players make a good start to the season.

Unread 18-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Lok

Evra for me. He was always looking to get things going and rarely got caught out of position. He covers a hell of a lot of ground in a match. The guy's phenomenal.

The header off the line was the icing on the cake.

Unread 18-08-2009, 03:16 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Rooney will piss this when the results are in at the end of the season.
What happens then? Does the winner get invited along to Curry Night, then get presented with the Fred Player of the Year trophy by Hark?

Unread 18-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
What happens then? Does the winner get invited along to Curry Night, then get presented with the Fred Player of the Year trophy by Hark?
Quote:

The winning player will receive a signed copy of volumes 1-10 'Lessons from a Lothario'.

Unread 18-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
Evra for me. He was always looking to get things going and rarely got caught out of position. He covers a hell of a lot of ground in a match. The guy's phenomenal.

The header off the line was the icing on the cake.
playing benitez onside and then standing watching what happened was a bit of a black mark against him though. wtf was that about?
Closed Thread