Giggs 0 0%
Brown 0 0%
Owen 3 2.78%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:00 PM
MJ Ramone

Berbatov needs to show a lot more.
I'm not on about him tear-arseing around the pitch, chasing fullbacks.
I'm talking about real quality in the final third..in the Penalty box.

He still looks nervous to me ...like he still has that inferiority complex that he spoke about last season.

Him & Rooney have linked up well at times though (particuarly the headed 'give & go' which led to Wazza's goal)
A confident Berbatov will be a massive help to us this season.

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Berbatov needs to show a lot more.
I'm not on about him tear-arseing around the pitch, chasing fullbacks.
I'm talking about real quality in the final third..in the Penalty box.

He still looks nervous to me ...like he still has that inferiority complex that he spoke about last season.

Him & Rooney have linked up well at times though (particuarly the headed 'give & go' which led to Wazza's goal)
A confident Berbatov will be a massive help to us this season.
Tbh, he haed a header cleared off the line, shoud've had a penalty and a player sent off and was integrally involved in the goal. Not a brilliant performance by any means but pretty good.

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:14 PM
believe

Thumbs up

on a side note how impressive is it that fabio looks like he's been playing for us for a long time! class act.

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
on a side note how impressive is it that fabio looks like he's been playing for us for a long time! class act.
Needs to sort his concentration out when he's passing it but yeah, loves a tackle too.

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Tbh, he haed a header cleared off the line, shoud've had a penalty and a player sent off and was integrally involved in the goal. Not a brilliant performance by any means but pretty good.
Probably would've looked better if it wasn't so apparent the ref was giving him £#%&! all, and giving soft as £#%&! free-kicks against him.

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Needs to sort his concentration out when he's passing it but yeah, loves a tackle too.
he's a lot to learn but he seems unfazed by anything. some of his "browned" challenges were brilliant today

in summary bedders despite a poor first showing, the future (this season included) is very £#%&!ing bright.

MJ Ramone

Quote:
I'm not a 'Berba-hater' ...I think he has what it takes to be a great player for us.
There are just times when I wish he'd 'snap out of it' (whatever 'it' is) ...his body language looks so uneasy at times.

He was never gonna be given that penalty by the way.
I think it's in the rules that we're allowed no more than 5 spot kicks in any given season & as such Refs don't want to give them away cheaply.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Probably would've looked better if it wasn't so apparent the ref was giving him £#%&! all, and giving soft as £#%&! free-kicks against him.
Aye, there were 3 or 4 of them, bewildering reffing by the fatso.

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'm not a 'Berba-hater' ...I think he has what it takes to be a great player for us.
There are just times when I wish he'd 'snap out of it' (whatever 'it' is) ...his body language looks so uneasy at times.

He was never gonna be given that penalty by the way.
I think it's in the rules that we're allowed no more than 5 spot kicks in any given season & as such Refs don't want to give them away cheaply.
Didn't think you were a hater or anything just giving an assesment of his contribution. The should've been sending off was worse than the penalty.

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Didn't think you were a hater or anything
Yeah I know. I was just clearing it up incase I came across like I was giving him a hard time.

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yeah I know. I was just clearing it up incase I came across like I was giving him a hard time.
Nah, i didn't think so, though for obvious reasons, or people of course, he does get a bit over analysed imo. As I say a pretty good performance for me, not great. Pretty much in tune with most of the rest of the team.

Good to see Foster show his quality after a shaky Charidee Sheild.

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/8204277.stm

Rooney interview is interesting.

he says:

"thankfully the manager has come out and said he's going to play me up front all season so I'm looking forward to that"

BBC says he said:

"Wayne Rooney is looking forward to playing the entire season as a central striker"

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Nah, i didn't think so, though for obvious reasons, or people of course, he does get a bit over analysed imo. As I say a pretty good performance for me, not great. Pretty much in tune with most of the rest of the team.

Good to see Foster show his quality after a shaky Charidee Sheild.
if foster stops thinking he's A/ a quarterback & B/ an expert penalty saver, and just concentrates on being the £#%&!ing good goalkeeper he is then he'll be fine

Unread 16-08-2009, 07:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/8204277.stm

Rooney interview is interesting.

he says:

"thankfully the manager has come out and said he's going to play me up front all season so I'm looking forward to that"

BBC says he said:

"Wayne Rooney is looking forward to playing the entire season as a central striker"
Talking about himself in the 3rd person, dreadful. Who's he think he is, Rio?

Unread 17-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Coracao

bttt polling closes after weds

Unread 18-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Coracao

bttt

Unread 18-08-2009, 12:17 PM
MUFC One Love

Rooney will piss this when the results are in at the end of the season.

Unread 18-08-2009, 12:21 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Rooney will piss this when the results are in at the end of the season.
I reckon so.

Awesome player, criminally written off by know nothings.

Unread 18-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Coracao

Marlo's and Brother Mazoune's votes for Anderson will rack up a decent amount over a season.

Unread 18-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Evra for me.

Clearance off the line
Attacking threat going forward
Strong at the back, shrugging off bigger more imposing players

For me Berbatov comes deep and plays some nice balls but then does not chase hard into the area to get on the end of moves he's helped set up - more urgency needed.

Rooney is still popping up in all sorts of positions such as right back to collect the ball - still "trying too hard" and expending energy in the wrong areas.
Closed Thread