United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
The Ronaldo/Rooney box to box goal against Bolton was my highlight from that season, remember the goal like it was yesterday and thinking "wow these two lads are un £#%&!ing real"
I was sat in east stand tier 2 for that game and had a perfect view of it building up. It was £#%&!ing beautiful. my favourite united goal over the last few years that.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:16 AM
toseeunited

Exclamation

if anyone missed it it's now repeated on SS2 and HD2

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:16 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I was sat in east stand tier 2 for that game and had a perfect view of it building up. It was £#%&!ing beautiful. my favourite united goal over the last few years that.
Agreed, everything they did that season turned to gold, and that was after the "World Cup Fallout" where some mongs in the press said they'd never play in the same team again

Going to miss Ronaldo, he may have been a pain in the arse sometimes but he was our pain in the arse.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:38 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
The Ronaldo/Rooney box to box goal against Bolton was my highlight from that season, remember the goal like it was yesterday and thinking "wow these two lads are un £#%&!ing real"
Yep, great goal

We were so £#%&!ing close to a Treble that season.
There were so many highlights it's ridiculous.
My personal highlight was Wayne's stoppage time goal at the Stretford End against Milan. It was just vintage United...victory snatched from the jaws of defeat. We should have won it that year (although I'm glad Milan did obviously)

I don't think anyone's mentioned the 4-1 against Blackburn at Old Trafford.
That was a great game.
Trailing 0-1...Title hopes fading...an hour or so gone - Cue a piece of genius from the Ginger Prince, a beautifully taken finish by Carrick, a points sealing 3rd from Park & then the cherry on the cake - Ole's last goal for United (which of course was perfect symmetry because his first goal for United was against Blackburn at OT)

What about Scholesy's goal at Villa Park as well!

Could do with another season like that this year..

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
dunk

Exuberant.

Unread 12-08-2009, 11:50 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep, great goal

We were so £#%&!ing close to a Treble that season.
There were so many highlights it's ridiculous.
My personal highlight was Wayne's stoppage time goal at the Stretford End against Milan. It was just vintage United...victory snatched from the jaws of defeat. We should have won it that year (although I'm glad Milan did obviously)

I don't think anyone's mentioned the 4-1 against Blackburn at Old Trafford.
That was a great game.
Trailing 0-1...Title hopes fading...an hour or so gone - Cue a piece of genius from the Ginger Prince, a beautifully taken finish by Carrick, a points sealing 3rd from Park & then the cherry on the cake - Ole's last goal for United (which of course was perfect symmetry because his first goal for United was against Blackburn at OT)

What about Scholesy's goal at Villa Park as well!

Could do with another season like that this year..
Forgot about the Blackburn at Home game, £#%&!ing hell 2nd half was unread, OT was rocking that day.

Also we beat Liverpool 2-0 that season didn't we?

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Forgot about the Blackburn at Home game, £#%&!ing hell 2nd half was unread, OT was rocking that day.

Also we beat Liverpool 2-0 that season didn't we?
Was that the one with Rio's control at the back post, turn and shot? £#%&!ing great goal that.

Unread 12-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Sloppy

Gurnage.

Unread 12-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Gurnage.

gerrard looks happy

Unread 12-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Gurnage.

The bloke next to the post in possibly the worst sling ever made????

has to be a dole cheat.

in fact there's a shit load of mongs in there....................

Unread 12-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
The bloke next to the post in possibly the worst sling ever made????

has to be a dole cheat.

in fact there's a shit load of mongs in there....................
Guy next to him in the hat has a big daft grin on his face

Unread 12-08-2009, 01:49 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Gurnage.

I was fixing some beer taps in a City Centre bar in Liverpool that day.It was superb.I was stood behind the bar, nervous as £#%&! when Bellamy scored...then it was flagged for offside.The Scouse @#%&!s were spitting mad Then, I finished what I was doing and decided to watch the last ten minutes, stood amongst the Scousers giving it 'Munich @#%&!s' etc.

Then, O'Shea scored.How I managed to stay silent while the Verm @#%&!s (one with I 8 Mancs on the back of a shirt) went £#%&!ing nuts, I'll never know.A few people looked at me as I was walking out with a £#%&!ing big grin on my face, as if to say "What the £#%&! is that @#%&! on?".It was ace.

And for the rest of the night, until about 11pm, every pub in Liverpool I had to go in was a real £#%&!ing pleasure.

Excellent.

Unread 12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
MUFC One Love

O.T was rocking when we beat Blackburn 4-1. The relief when Scholes equalised. Class

Unread 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I was fixing some beer taps in a City Centre bar in Liverpool that day.It was superb.I was stood behind the bar, nervous as £#%&! when Bellamy scored...then it was flagged for offside.The Scouse @#%&!s were spitting mad Then, I finished what I was doing and decided to watch the last ten minutes, stood amongst the Scousers giving it 'Munich @#%&!s' etc.

Then, O'Shea scored.How I managed to stay silent while the Verm @#%&!s (one with I 8 Mancs on the back of a shirt) went £#%&!ing nuts, I'll never know.A few people looked at me as I was walking out with a £#%&!ing big grin on my face, as if to say "What the £#%&! is that @#%&! on?".It was ace.

And for the rest of the night, until about 11pm, every pub in Liverpool I had to go in was a real £#%&!ing pleasure.

Excellent.
I won £40 off a scouser that day. I'd never met him in my life but had a bet with him via one of their forums. The bet was £20 who will finish higher in the league and because they realistically couldn't catch us, we double or quits on this match.

Imagine my surprise when Caz handed me £40 in Wetherspoons later that day, saying he'd paid up. I bought a bottle of champers with it and swigged it from the bottle at the bar. Let's just say I gave it away that I was a United fan then

Unread 12-08-2009, 01:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I won £40 off a scouser that day. I'd never met him in my life but had a bet with him via one of their forums. The bet was £20 who will finish higher in the league and because they realistically couldn't catch us, we double or quits on this match.

Imagine my surprise when Caz handed me £40 in Wetherspoons later that day, saying he'd paid up. I bought a bottle of champers with it and swigged it from the bottle at the bar. Let's just say I gave it away that I was a United fan then
You like that don't you, you classy £#%&!er, you.

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Sparky***

That season was the biggest "£#%&! you" ever to all our doubters.

"oh they've only bought michael carrick hahahaha"

"ronaldo and rooney hate each other now"

"boooo ronaldo boooo"

"chelsea have bought ballack and shevchenko, they're going to piss this league now"

FAIL.

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:02 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You like that don't you, you classy £#%&!er, you.
Not really tbh. I always seem to have a few bottles given to me around xmas time.

I decided to buy that one in Liverpool because I'd just won £40 and everyone in that particular boozer was gutted to £#%&!.com

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Not really tbh. I always seem to have a few bottles given to me around xmas time.

I decided to buy that one in Liverpool because I'd just won £40 and everyone in that particular boozer was gutted to £#%&!.com
Seen you with one in Wetherspoons i have.

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:05 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Seen you with one in Wetherspoons i have.
I know. That was party time though.

I was very, very drunk by the end of the night. Caz took pictures of me passed out on the floor.

Unread 12-08-2009, 02:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I know. That was party time though.

I was very, very drunk by the end of the night. Caz took pictures of me passed out on the floor.
Closed Thread