United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2009, 02:04 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Both at the same time. That's how bothered you'd be. Then you'd fall down the stairs and hit your head and you'd just say what's the point in getting up and eventually you'd throw yourself infront of a bridge and everyone would laugh at your big sad face.
in front of a bridge ?

Unread 14-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
in front of a bridge ?
In front of a bridge/under a bridge, something thick like that yeah.

Unread 14-08-2009, 02:19 PM
believe

I remember this the first time round We got to a point were the people at the turnstyles gave you an e and a whistle

Unread 14-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I remember this the first time round We got to a point were the people at the turnstyles gave you an e and a whistle
It's the way forward mate.

opposition supporters spilling out onto the forecourt and hugging police horses.

Unread 14-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
less cockneys imo

I think that you mean fewer

HTH

Doc

Unread 14-08-2009, 06:56 PM
taff

more of this sort of thing please

Unread 14-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Terraces.
And no women. And rattles. And bar scarfs.

Unread 14-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
I think that you mean fewer

HTH

Doc

i think youll find i meant more.

Unread 14-08-2009, 09:09 PM
BulgarianSpectator

Seriously, wasn't there some study done around 10 years ago on the acoustics within the different stands?

I remember that the size of the corrugations in the roof have a damping effect on the volume and the direction of the roof in Stretty Tier 2 causes the sound to bounce back/remain there; whereas the roof over the away section opens out to the rest of the ground thus amplifying the sound - and the material is different, so there's no damping effect.

Hence why everyone on TV says that they can only hear the away fans (which is usually the biggest allocation in the league to add the the effect) and not the rest of us.

Oh, and NWAF.

Unread 14-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Wez

Talking

Quote:
Yeah and two weeks later you'd be living in the bath tub crying yourself to sleep. Jog on padré.
Quote:
Eating cold beans out of a bucket with your fingers whilst listening to classic music in a vest.
Quote:
Both at the same time. That's how bothered you'd be. Then you'd fall down the stairs and hit your head and you'd just say what's the point in getting up and eventually you'd throw yourself infront of a bridge and everyone would laugh at your big sad face.
Quote:
In front of a bridge/under a bridge, something thick like that yeah.
Closed Thread