United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Luffy

I loved Del Piero, Shevchenko and more recently Torres, dont like any of them anymore!

Rhodzy you have good taste in players Villa is probably the striker I keep an eye out for, if I could have Utd buy one striker who isn't a scouser it'd be probably him.

But he will probably end up at chelsea. also seems like he enjoys being captain, no.7, set piece taker etc. and we already have a no.7!

and I have to throw Rossi in. 7 goals in 8 starts in the league for Villareal. He wouldv'e been absolutely electric alongside Rooney and Ronaldo. Would've been much better for us than Tevez.

Unread 06-01-2008, 12:55 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
I loved Del Piero, Shevchenko and more recently Torres, dont like any of them anymore!

Del Piero was brilliant.

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Alan

Fat Ronaldo.

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:06 AM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
You can watch a lifetime of football and never see a better headed goal than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf8De...eature=related
Here's one (not sure what's happened to the youtube button).

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:07 AM
poppy

Blimey. Technology. Didn't do a thing.

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Grimson

I know that's your alltime favourite goal, and it's a great team goal. Falcao's was a simply magical individual effort. Watch that last replay.

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:13 AM
poppy

Quote:
I know that's your alltime favourite goal, and it's a great team goal. Falcao's was a simply magical individual effort. Watch that last replay.
Yes, it was certainly a better header. Where's he rumoured to be off to?

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Grimson

Fluminese, but it's fallen through and he's staying at River.

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:29 AM
dunk

For me it simply has to be Ronaldo Luis Nazário de Lima.

I had never had the pleasure of seeing somebody with such raw power, speed, skill and ability, until I saw him. I've not seen anybody since either, so ruthless and direct, capable of scoring when receiving the ball anywhere on the pitch. Capable of winning a game from the halfway line in a blink of an eye, no support required, completely un-playable. Even after his injuries he was capable of destroying a defence in seconds.

Truly a phenomenon.

I'm only 29 btw, I loved Gullit, van Basten, Bergkamp, Papin, Batistuta and Giuseppe Signori when I was a kid, growing up watching Serie A. I liked Hugo Sanchez as well, although that may have been because of his celebration, then there was Stoichkov and Romario, and it is only fair to mention Klinsmann and Voller. I loved watching Vieri play when he was at the peak of his powers too.

Just so many.

I £#%&!ing love football!

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:37 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Dunk, you've written my post. All of it. What you said.

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:42 AM
The Watcher

All time? Got to be Batistuta. Always watched the live Seria A game on sundays if Fiorentina (and later Roma) were playing, back when it was on Channel 4.

Dejan Savićević, Roberto Baggio, Stoichkov and Ronaldo were also other favorites of mine.

Currently? Samuel Eto'o. £#%&!ing brilliant player.

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:42 AM
legendary saf

Past and present

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:44 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I agree, we would have won more with SOP.
Would we £#%&!. Not signing that selfish @#%&! is one of the best things that we ever did. On the first occasion, we got Eric instead. On the second, we got Ole.

I'm more then happy with how history played out, regarding SOP and Manchester United.

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Dunk, you've written my post. All of it. What you said.
Great minds and all that...

Unread 06-01-2008, 02:00 AM
poppy

There's so many when you start to think about it.

Although he has the double disadvantage of being a bit of a turd and also playing for that lot, you have to say Kenny Dalglish was a great player.

And although he wasn't really and out and out striker, Michael Laudrup was another personal favourite of mine.

I know this might sound funny, and I know in no way can he be regarded in the same class as some of the other names mentioned on this thread, but when Dean Saunders used to come to OT with Oxford and Derby and he was up against Brucie he used to petrify me. He was slippery as £#%&!. I'm sure if you could go for a pint with Bruce he'd admit as much. Saunders never looked the same player when he went to Liverpool.

And I've not even mentioned Jim Tolmie at City yet...

Unread 06-01-2008, 02:07 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
There's so many when you start to think about it.

Although he has the double disadvantage of being a bit of a turd and also playing for that lot, you have to say Kenny Dalglish was a great player.

And although he wasn't really and out and out striker, Michael Laudrup was another personal favourite of mine.

I know this might sound funny, and I know in no way can he be regarded in the same class as some of the other names mentioned on this thread, but when Dean Saunders used to come to OT with Oxford and Derby and he was up against Brucie he used to petrify me. He was slippery as £#%&!. I'm sure if you could go for a pint with Bruce he'd admit as much. Saunders never looked the same player when he went to Liverpool.

And I've not even mentioned Jim Tolmie at City yet...
Dean Saunders was £#%&!ing ace everywhere except Liverpool. The only time I noticed him at Liverpool was when he 'did' Paul Elliott.

I was gutted when they signed him as well, I thought he would be great for them. Strange how things work out.

Unread 06-01-2008, 02:07 AM
rebelcountyred

Unread 06-01-2008, 05:03 AM
keano's love

Ronaldo.

Pure £#%&!ing class.

Unread 06-01-2008, 10:22 AM
puressence

Quote:
possibly one of the greatest goals ever .

extra point if you can name the ballboy behind the net who went on to play for bolton

Unread 06-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Tumescent Throb

Is it Nat Lofthouse?
Closed Thread