United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:02 PM
TheFatGoth

Question Are we allowed to talk about how shit Rashford is now?

I know there's bigger problems but he's been gash for ages. He used to be such an exciting player but I can't remember his last decent performance tbh. Peaked too early? Believed the hype? Jose's fault?

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:03 PM
red in cumbria

A certain veteran Fredster is currently feeling vindicated......

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Ethers

Weird how many individual players seem to be failing to live up to their potential at the moment.

Purely a coincidence I’m sure

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:10 PM
andyroo

Needs saving from Mourinho nqat

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

he's been shite for ages and don't think it's all down to our shite manager

says it all that utter @#%&! Martial started ahead of him today

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:20 PM
Sparky***

He's not shit. he's just not a striker. Sticking him out wide and then expecting him to beat half a dozen players is not fair on the boy, he needs help. We don't support our attacking players at all.

We were losing the game 3-1 and never committed more than 2 players into brighton's box. City were 5-1 up today and were throwing 5 players into Huddersfield's box. They're spoilt for options.

Our players run away from the ball and hide in plain sight. The only players today who showed for the ball consistently were pogba and Fred.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Clownbones

It's a vicious cycle.

He doesn't play .... when he comes in, he tries too hard..... doesn't do enough to keep his place... back out..... cameo when the side is chasing the game.... tries too hard etc.

And he's playing in a side that has no style And no confidence. I'd defy any striker to flourish in this team.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:34 PM
utd99

Sooner or later even the most ardent excuse makers have to face facts.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
this....he's £#%&!ing Welbeck mark 2 (with less goals)

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:40 PM
waynes ear's

Whilst he’s not exactly setting the world alight, the defence need executing. All of them

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:43 PM
utd99

It’s good that Martial worked his socks off to prove everybody wrong though.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:47 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I think legitimate doubts have had to be raised over the last 12 months or so re rashers. But I’d be cautious about judging him too harshly in this current set up -everyone looks £#%&!ing abysmal- even Dave the save has lost some lustre. Would love to see him play in an attacking set up and not as an out and out striker as sparky has alluded.

Think everyone apart from Darmian, Smalling, Fellaini and Jones should be afforded a 2nd chance tbh.

Get rid of mou and insist that the new manager personally shoots the above 4 if no one will take them off our hands. I’d happily hold the white curtain round them whilst the deed was done and if possible take over the gun myself for smalling and Jones who have robbed a living for what seems like decades now.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:50 PM
MartialLaw

He's the opposite of martial, great dedication just not an ounce of talent.

He's had a free pass because he from whythenshaw, if he was born in Scotland he'd be playing for queen of the south.

Unread 19-08-2018, 06:54 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw

He's had a free pass because he from whythenshaw, if he was born in Scotland he'd be playing for queen of the south.
He's also had a free pass because he scored twice in his first two games and scored some lovely goals the rest of that season, and was basically the only bright spark about a failing team. So... maybe he did get a bit over-rated as a result, but ffs that's what happens when players make an exciting breakthrough. People get excited.

Yeah if it turns out he's actually nothing special that will be sad, but the fact that just about everybody's quality is deteriorating in front of our very eyes does make it seem extremely harsh to single any one player out.

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:23 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He's also had a free pass because he scored twice in his first two games and scored some lovely goals the rest of that season, and was basically the only bright spark about a failing team. So... maybe he did get a bit over-rated as a result, but ffs that's what happens when players make an exciting breakthrough. People get excited.

Yeah if it turns out he's actually nothing special that will be sad, but the fact that just about everybody's quality is deteriorating in front of our very eyes does make it seem extremely harsh to single any one player out.
It's similar to Macheda and even Welbeck in many ways, after their first few games I was convinced we'd finally unearthed a striker. Then with each passing week and month it became painfully obvious that despite having all the heart/desire running their balls off desperately wanting to do well that they were infact absolutely f***ing shit. I've seen nothing that's convinced me Rashford isn't the same, I'll tell you now nobody wanted this lad to be a world beater more than me, but it's not happening. He's not got "it".

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw

Not an ounce of talent

From Withington btw.

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's not shit. he's just not a striker. Sticking him out wide and then expecting him to beat half a dozen players is not fair on the boy, he needs help. We don't support our attacking players at all.

We were losing the game 3-1 and never committed more than 2 players into brighton's box. City were 5-1 up today and were throwing 5 players into Huddersfield's box. They're spoilt for options.

Our players run away from the ball and hide in plain sight. The only players today who showed for the ball consistently were pogba and Fred.
One of the most frustrating things today.

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:29 PM
dunk

Wow.

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Bringing a few @#%&!s out the woodwork this bait thread

Unread 19-08-2018, 07:31 PM
armchair

sorry but this and israeli settlements are the two verboten topics on here. thread closed.
Closed Thread