United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:01 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Genuinely find it hard to make a call. When virtually everyone is playing below their talent level you have to look at the wider structure. They look better players for England than they do for United, which is a £#%&!ing surreal place to have ended up.
But clearly the problem with that line of thinking is that every player in every team could claim they’re playing below their capability because of the manager, so you change the manager and they all get a do-over they don’t deserve. In the end they are what they are, and if you pick a Jesse Lingard* you keep getting Jesse Lingard type performances. Funny that.

For Lingard you could substitute eight or nine others; i just despise the prancing #@&%!.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Calling out martial, who has 5 goals in 4 games, but not a word for Matic, who has been a below-par cowardly shitbag all season.
It's why it won't work as a motivational tool.

They know he picks easy targets. And has bottled criticising Pogba after he exerted himself in that power play.

Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's been like a £#%&!ing scarecrow in the middle of the pitch all season. Utterly horrendous.
And he's one of his boys.

As is Lukaku.

They're both a big part of the problem . Both in terms of the vision of the side he wants to create and their form..

Matic particularly worrying. Mostly awful, but when we come back in to games, his effort levels visibly go up.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
But clearly the problem with that line of thinking is that every player in every team could claim they’re playing below their capability because of the manager, so you change the manager and they all get a do-over they don’t deserve. In the end they are what they are, and if you pick a Jesse Lingard* you keep getting Jesse Lingard type performances. Funny that.

For Lingard you could substitute eight or nine others; i just despise the prancing #@&%!.
Lingard is one of many attacking players who would be better suited to a different style of football, mind.

That area of the field is not one where we lack talent. I reckon almost any other reasonable manager would get more from our attack.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:05 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Mourinho: 'There are people who have a bad dinner, there is people that will enjoy a nice dinner and there will even be people that will party. I think that's the way it is.'

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban
No surprise really. Southgate has tried to create an optimistic, happy environment. Polar opposite of United atm.
At this rate I'd take Southgate over Mourinho.

Anything has got to be better.

Buck

We need a short term lift. A manager who gets the players enjoying football again. A manager who gets the fans on side. A manager who doesn't care about reputations.

We need Gareth Southgate.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
It's why it won't work as a motivational tool.

They know he picks easy targets. And has bottled criticising Pogba after he exerted himself in that power play.
Yep. It's the same tried cliches away.

You're gonna criticise Shaw and Martiak? Two of the brighter spots this season? £#%&!ing really!?

But his own signings: Sanchez, lukaku, Matic. They are teflon .

Funny that. Cheeky bastard.

He's in full self-preservation mode.

The way he talks about kids disgusts me. I saw Poch say something recently about letting these kids grow. Let them make mistakes. Something like that.

Mourinho would never say anything like that.

He isn't nurturing in any way.

Thats a personal preference thing from my point of view, but that's not what I want in a United manager.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:07 PM
utd99

Quote:
Lingard is one of many attacking players who would be better suited to a different style of football, mind.

That area of the field is not one where we lack talent. I reckon almost any other reasonable manager would get more from our attack.
I may not understand much about football, but how does this style or that style have such an impact on a player’s most basic technique and execution? Does playing a certain way make you unable to trap a football or keep a ten yard ball in play?

Lingard is a chancer who should be nowhere near a Man United squad that has any pride.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yep. It's the same tried cliches away.

You're gonna criticise Shaw and Martiak? Two of the brighter spots this season? £#%&!ing really!?

But his own signings: Sanchez, lukaku, Matic. They are teflon .

Funny that.

He's in full self-preservation mode.

The way he talks about kids disgusts me. I saw Poch say something recently about letting these kids grow. Let them make mistakes. Something like that.

Mourinho would never say anything like that.

He isn't nurturing in any way.

Thats a personal preference thing from my point of view, but that's not what I want in a United manager.
As i've said before this can all be laid at the feet of that weasel woodward.

he sowed the seeds for this meltdown in pre season. Pissed about in the transfer market (nobody will ever convince me that Fred is a mou signing) then comes out and briefs the press AGAINST his manager - talk about counter productive. If you don't back him - then at least have the £#%&!ing balls to sack him. But no, woodward is a coward.

Then we get the inevitable, Mourinho going into full on preservation mode, cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:09 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

Definitely.

We see it from us sometimes. When we're behind, he takes more risks. We're immediately better when he does. Its not complicated. Footballers aren't complicated. They want to be able to play and showcase what they can do. Give them confience and a job to play to their strengths. Mourinho does neither.

Look at Raheem Sterling at city.

Martial is an infinitely more talented player. Sterling is 10 times more effective in that city side.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:12 PM
Sparky***

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:12 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:

he sowed the seeds for this meltdown in pre season. Pissed about in the transfer market (nobody will ever convince me that Fred is a mou signing) then comes out and briefs the press AGAINST his manager - talk about counter productive. If you don't back him - then at least have the £#%&!ing balls to sack him. But no, woodward is a coward.

Then we get the inevitable, Mourinho going into full on preservation mode, cutting off his nose to spite his face.
A weasel yes, but I do not think he is afraid to sack Mourinho, in my opinion he is thinking more about the bottom line and that it would be cheaper to sack Mourinho after he has failed to hit his contractual duties.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
A weasel yes, but I do not think he is afraid to sack Mourinho, in my opinion he is thinking more about the bottom line and that it would be cheaper to sack Mourinho after he has failed to hit his contractual duties.
Bin him now and the new manager has enough time to potentially get Top 4 which is worth more than his pay out.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:16 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I may not understand much about football, but how does this style or that style have such an impact on a player’s most basic technique and execution? Does playing a certain way make you unable to trap a football or keep a ten yard ball in play?

Lingard is a chancer who should be nowhere near a Man United squad that has any pride.
Because technique and execution is linked with confidence.

Tennis players can all hit a nice clean forehand, but if their confidence and momentum isn't there, they look like they can't.

I was watching some Ian Wright doc the other day. He was talking about going to arsenal. Playing under George Graham, he said he felt like he would score every week. He started to try things he wouldn't normally do because he was confident. Then he talked about Bergkamp coming and that being a game changer . He trusted him everytime he was on the ball, he would make more runs, better runs, because he trusted Bergkamp would pull off the pass.

Come on, we've all seen it. It's most stark in strikers. As soon as that one 'goes in off their arse', they turn into a different player. Better touch, faster, calmer etc.

Right now, all our players, every £#%&!ing one of them is forcing everything. Nothing is coming naturally and nobody looks happy playing Football. That will make good players look shit and shit players look shit.

Quote:

Ofcourse.

Woodward, the owners and the manager all need to £#%&! off. Only one of them will though.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Because technique and execution is linked with confidence.

Tennis players can all hit a nice clean forehand, but if their confidence and momentum isn't there, they look like they can't.

I was watching some Ian Wright doc the other day. He was talking about going to arsenal. Playing under George Graham, he said he felt like he would score every week. He started to try things he wouldn't normally do because he was confident. Then he talked about Bergkamp coming and that being a game changer . He trusted him everytime he was on the ball, he would make more runs, better runs, because he trusted Bergkamp would pull off the pass.

Come on, we've all seen it. It's most stark in strikers. As soon as that one 'goes in off their arse', they turn into a different player. Better touch, faster, calmer etc.

Right now, all our players, every £#%&!ing one of them is forcing everything. Nothing is coming naturally and nobody looks happy playing Football. That will make good players look shit and shit players look shit.

Ofcourse.

Woodward, the owners and the manager all need to £#%&! off. Only one of them will though.
The danger is that there becomes no such thing as a player who’s not good enough, only players who aren’t confident enough, and then it becomes to easy to blame everyone and everything else. The top players have dips as well, but they don’t need the types of constant excuses I hear being rolled out for this lot.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:26 PM
ziggyman17

Mourinho has spent 392 million since he took over... Fergie in 26 years spent 546 million... The god father of football Slap head has spent around the same much in 3 years at city than Fergie did in 26 years with us.........

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:28 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Mourinho has spent 392 million since he took over... Fergie in 26 years spent 546 million... The god father of football Slap head has spent around the same much in 3 years at city than Fergie did in 26 years with us.........
Mourinho’s done a poor job, but that’s an irrelevant stat. Might as well say Busby spent 500 quid.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Sparky***

Busby spent 500 quid
Closed Thread