United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2015, 06:31 PM
jaffo

God knows I think Brentan is a gigantic @#%&! but I can't see what's so bad about that letter.

Unread 04-02-2015, 06:32 PM
andyroo

Apart from the You'll Never Walk Alone bit which could be considered insensitive.

Unread 04-02-2015, 06:50 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
"His arrest under operation Yewtree proved a great deal of embarrassment to his family. YNWA"

Unread 04-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
"His arrest under operation Yewtree proved a great deal of embarrassment to his family. YNWA"

Unread 04-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
God knows I think Brentan is a gigantic @#%&! but I can't see what's so bad about that letter.
Indeed. Fergie used to send out similar ones iirc

Unread 04-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Clarkie

"Are you not entertained?!?!"

Unread 04-02-2015, 09:27 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Indeed. Fergie used to send out similar ones iirc
With YNWA on them?

Weird bloke

Unread 04-02-2015, 09:31 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
With YNWA on them?

Weird bloke
his ended "life hey...bloody hell, nqat"

Unread 04-02-2015, 09:51 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
his ended "life hey...bloody hell, nqat

co-op funeral - value "
edited

Unread 05-02-2015, 12:13 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
"you'll never walk alone"
none of the dead ever will. they'll have 39 italians with them for a start.

Unread 13-02-2015, 08:10 AM
forzagarza

Was he taking the youth team to be broken in or something?

Unread 13-02-2015, 08:13 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Touting for the Pope's job?

Unread 13-02-2015, 09:22 AM
Switching Off

Some coach did their presser the other day and said he'd gone abroad on business but wouldn't say what for. He really has gone for divine intervention hasn't he

Unread 13-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Was he taking the youth team to be broken in or something?
I daresay he's taken care of that himself.

Unread 13-02-2015, 02:13 PM
S/Side.Red

There to work on the Pjanic deal, by all accounts. If he gets him then that's a hell of an upgrade on 2015 Gerrard.

He's a creepy, awkward @#%&! but he isn't a fraud imo. He knows what he's doing, just hope his personality will be his downfall.

Unread 13-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
There to work on the Pjanic deal, by all accounts. If he gets him then that's a hell of an upgrade on 2015 Gerrard.

He's a creepy, awkward @#%&! but he isn't a fraud imo. He knows what he's doing, just hope his personality will be his downfall.
I'm not sure he does. He's signed about 20 players for over £200m in 2 years, and only Coutinho and Sturridge look any good (and he didn't want Sturridge, but was forced to take him ).

Maybe some of those like Sakho and Lovren are decent players, but the fact they often look like non leaguers under him is a reflection on his management. And the whole Balotelli thing is laughable too.

Maybe he's got an idea of what he wants but he's struggling to put it into practice. His philosophy seems to be PACE! mixed with a bit of luck. That might get them top 6 in the Premier League but it won't get them much more. Fully expecting them to be out thought and outplayed by Besiktas.

Unread 13-02-2015, 03:03 PM
dunk

Thumbs down

Won't be happy if Pjanic goes there. He's far too good for that shithole.

Unread 13-02-2015, 03:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I'm not sure he does. He's signed about 20 players for over £200m in 2 years, and only Coutinho and Sturridge look any good (and he didn't want Sturridge, but was forced to take him ).

Maybe some of those like Sakho and Lovren are decent players, but the fact they often look like non leaguers under him is a reflection on his management. And the whole Balotelli thing is laughable too.

Maybe he's got an idea of what he wants but he's struggling to put it into practice. His philosophy seems to be PACE! mixed with a bit of luck. That might get them top 6 in the Premier League but it won't get them much more. Fully expecting them to be out thought and outplayed by Besiktas.
Isn't it pretty well established that he doesn't enjoy much power when it comes to transfer decisions? He has a say, but he has to compromise a lot. Clearly he didn't want Mignolet, while by all accounts he'd rubbished the Balotelli rumour a month before he arrived. Some of his summer buys are improving, but that's an area he can get more help. Outside that, I think he's got qualities.

I think they could be a threat next year, but my hope is that his excruciating personality stops him having real success.

Unread 13-02-2015, 03:08 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Isn't it pretty well established that he doesn't enjoy much power when it comes to transfer decisions? He has a say, but he has to compromise a lot. Clearly he didn't want Mignolet, while by all accounts he'd rubbished the Balotelli rumour a month before he arrived. Some of his summer buys are improving, but that's an area he can get more help. Outside that, I think he's got qualities.

I think they could be a threat next year, but my hope is that his excruciating personality stops him having real success.
He claims its all down to him, he has final say etc. But he was against Sturridge

You're right about his personality. Just not got what it takes to be a top top manager.
Closed Thread