Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2010, 03:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Carrick's 'red card' against Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
valencia - fletch - scholes - park - nani

park played there in a european game last season didn't he.

think he's more likely to play park than gibson as well tbh. from what saf said after ando's injury he was nailed on to play there...

i'd like to see this:

nani - valencia - scholes - fletch - park
wasn't someone saying Valencia has played in a midfield 3 for Ecuador? I think he could do well in there, he's certainly got the strength and engine for it and i think teams might struggle against him and Nani out there.

Unread 04-03-2010, 03:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Would you agree that in order to get the best out of the current 4-3-3 we need to get a top class attacking midfielder and a left winger? For all it's current solidity and the football it's produced, it is incredibly reliant on Rooney.
I would agree that a refreshing of attack minded personnel, particularly in the midfield area would be beneficial.

Unread 04-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

i'll be a bit disappointed if ferguson sticks with the 4-5-1, not least after the way park and berbatov performed at wembley. of course, milan have a touch more quality than £#%&!ing villa, especially with the brilliant seedorf set to light up OT once again. but even so, there's plenty of opportunity for united to drop back into a five if needs be, with rooney more than capable of filling in for variation of tactics. i see the three away goals as a big chance to hit milan early and hit them £#%&!ing hard and fast. if we can make them chase the game there'll only be one winner, and it won't be them.

Unread 04-03-2010, 03:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i'll be a bit disappointed if ferguson sticks with the 4-5-1, not least after the way park and berbatov performed at wembley. of course, milan have a touch more quality than £#%&!ing villa, especially with the brilliant seedorf set to light up OT once again. but even so, there's plenty of opportunity for united to drop back into a five if needs be, with rooney more than capable of filling in for variation of tactics. i see the three away goals as a big chance to hit milan early and hit them £#%&!ing hard and fast. if we can make them chase the game there'll only be one winner, and it won't be them.
TT, I'd be interested in your thoughts as to whether Nani might ever develop into a more central attacking midfielder?

Unread 04-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
TT, I'd be interested in your thoughts as to whether Nani might ever develop into a more central attacking midfielder?
dunno, never thought about it

he's more than happy running free through the centre with the ball but got no idea about his movement or awareness through there tbh. decent finisher though ain't he. got a lot more time and space at sporting i'd imagine. how old is he?

Unread 04-03-2010, 03:54 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
dunno, never thought about it

he's more than happy running free through the centre with the ball but got no idea about his movement or awareness through there tbh. decent finisher though ain't he. got a lot more time and space at sporting i'd imagine. how old is he?
Think he's 23 or so?

Unread 04-03-2010, 03:59 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
wasn't someone saying Valencia has played in a midfield 3 for Ecuador? I think he could do well in there, he's certainly got the strength and engine for it and i think teams might struggle against him and Nani out there.
yeah that's what i was thinking, got the strength but even more so the thought of him and nani terrorising the milan left back with the lack of ronaldinho tracking back they would be a handful

Quote:
Think he's 23 or so?
yeah 23...

Unread 04-03-2010, 04:00 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I hope you're right, personally.

4-4-2
Spot on against top players that system is destined to fail.

Unread 04-03-2010, 04:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

One thing we do have to do is get hold of Seedorf, think he might be the key to them as i think someone mentioned. Job for Fletcher or are we getting Pip Nev back on a weeks loan? Is Pato injured by the way?

Unread 04-03-2010, 04:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
One thing we do have to do is get hold of Seedorf, think he might be the key to them as i think someone mentioned. Job for Fletcher or are we getting Pip Nev back on a weeks loan? Is Pato injured by the way?
Quite possibly, or, he is at the moment, thigh strain, may or may not be back in time.

I would imagine the Park on Pirlo tactic will be employed again, not sure about putting one on Seedorf as well, we could end up worrying too much about them.

Unread 04-03-2010, 04:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Quite possibly, or, he is at the moment, thigh strain, may or may not be back in time.

I would imagine the Park on Pirlo tactic will be employed again, not sure about putting one on Seedorf as well, we could end up worrying too much about them.
You're probbly right but he worries me more than any other player of theirs. That said i'd like us to have a right go at them, think they might just crumble.

Unread 04-03-2010, 04:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
You're probbly right but he worries me more than any other player of theirs. That said i'd like us to have a right go at them, think they might just crumble.
Lets go them like they are Porto circa '97

Unread 04-03-2010, 04:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Lets go them like they are Porto circa '97
Or Roma 2007

Unread 04-03-2010, 04:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Or Roma 2007
Aye, that'll do too.

Porto was my favourite of the 2 though,I remember all the hype about this 'amazing Porto side' (weren't they unbeaten in months?) and Jardel the goal machine and we £#%&!ing wiped the floor with them.

Portuguesers stood around looking £#%&!ing flummoxed after 20 minutes, not knowing what day it was. Brilliant.

Unread 04-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

don't suppose there'll be a thought for putting anyone on seedorf tbh

might be the last time he plays at OT so looking forward to seeing him and hope he has a brilliant game

and united win, obviously.
Closed Thread