United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Ginners

Default Re: England's World Cup Hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
anyone who thinks england can win the world cup is seriously deluded.

Q/F at best, S/F would be a miracle.

nft.
to get to the quarters we'll probably have to beat ghana, not easy but doable. then we will likely face france who arent great under domenech. so the semis should be a very realistic target

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:22 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Argentina were 9/1 yesterday at Fred Done's. Surely worth a Tenner of anyones money. With Messi, @#%&!neck, Higuain all in good form they are good enough to beat anyone on their day.
Still think if Spain keep Torres fit they're the ones to beat.

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:26 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
to get to the quarters we'll probably have to beat ghana, not easy but doable. then we will likely face france who arent great under domenech. so the semis should be a very realistic target

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there old son.

And if France make the quarters I'll bare my arse

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Argentina were 9/1 yesterday at Fred Done's. Surely worth a Tenner of anyones money. With Messi, @#%&!neck, Higuain all in good form they are good enough to beat anyone on their day.
Still think if Spain keep Torres fit they're the ones to beat.
shit manager

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger

i am getting excited by it.

all depends on them winning the group, i think it wil be either them or mexico. if they come 2nd theyre gone in the next round to the argies.

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Master.

Saw it too late i'm afraid massa.
I see.Carry on.

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger

If france sacked Dommenech & had a proper manager they'd win it (or be very close).

Just watched the highlights of their 0-2 loss to Spain last night, plenty of action, Villa is £#%&!ing deadly at International level & with Torres alongside, and a midfield even Fabregas can't get in it's going take a proper £#%&! up for them not to make the final.

England making the semi's would be a superb achievment.

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Sloane

i hope england get to the semis and lose just so i can see alex curran in a low cut top and watch ian wrights meltdown live on tele

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:41 PM
NinoyAquino

I've said this for a while with Capello in charge I genuinely think they can win it. That said, I also think he's capable of having his preparations totally underminded with general #@&%! behaviour of the players so I can equally see them being knocked out in the groups and it being the shock of the tournament.

I know they lost last night but no one is talking about the Germans. 15s on Betfair, already had a ton on them.

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
If france sacked Dommenech & had a proper manager they'd win it (or be very close).
Indeed.The guy is clueless and all the fans want him out yet hes nowhere near being sacked.

Unread 04-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Indeed.The guy is clueless and all the fans want him out yet hes nowhere near being sacked.
They've confirmed that they'll have a new manager after the World Cup.

Unread 04-03-2010, 02:04 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoyAquino

I know they lost last night but no one is talking about the Germans. 15s on Betfair, already had a ton on them.
Poorest german team for a while. I normally wouldn't bet against them but they're worse then England.
Closed Thread