United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Pop

Default Re: England's World Cup Hopes

England will go out to a decent but 'second tier' country like Portugal or Holland during the knock out phases probably in extra time or on penalties.

Unread 04-03-2010, 10:22 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
England have a very slight chance of winning it and that very slight chance is entirely based on Wayne Rooney having the tournament of his life.
Still wouldn't be enough imo

Unread 04-03-2010, 10:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Still wouldn't be enough imo
As I said, there is a slight chance it would be.

Unread 04-03-2010, 10:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

I see the Lionheart thanked the fans for getting behind him last night, yup "him" not England.

Unread 04-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Lok

Why do we continue to play 4-4-2? A 4-3-2-1 (similar to how we play) would be ideal. I suppose it's a little late to play it now. If I was Capello:

Whoever (they're all shit,)

Johnson/Brown---Rio---Jay mother £#%&!ing Tee---Cole

Barry---Carrick---Gerrard

Lennon-------------Lampard
Rooney

They'd be very hard to break down, creative with the ball and dynamic. There's no point putting someone up with Rooney, he can do the work of 2 men!

Unread 04-03-2010, 10:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Why do we continue to play 4-4-2? A 4-3-2-1 (similar to how we play) would be ideal. I suppose it's a little late to play it now. If I was Capello:

Rooney

They'd be very hard to break down, creative with the ball and dynamic. There's no point putting someone up with Rooney, he can do the work of 2 men!
Christ that's a horrible team.

Unread 04-03-2010, 10:39 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Rooney

Too many United players. You should really play Barry on the left of those three if you want to play like that.

Unread 04-03-2010, 11:24 AM
dunk

Lampard at left wing?

Lampard or Gerrard in front of Carrick and Barry(Hargreaves )

With Rooney flanked by any 2 of Lennon, Walcott, Young, Agbonlahor, Joe Cole, Milner, Downing and so on and so forth.

Unread 04-03-2010, 11:31 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Milner has to start for England, cracking player, no attitude, no bling just wants to play football

Unread 04-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Milner has to start for England, cracking player, no attitude, no bling just wants to play football
yup, superb but i think hes better in the middle and cant see him starting there. great sub to have at least.

Unread 04-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Lok

Milner is probably the only midfielder England have that is enjoying a bit of form. Gerrard, Barry, Carrick, Lampard, Lennon, Walcott & SWP have all been rubbish this season. Doesn't bode will for summer.

Unread 04-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Milner is probably the only midfielder England have that is enjoying a bit of form. Gerrard, Barry, Carrick, Lampard, Lennon, Walcott & SWP have all been rubbish this season. Doesn't bode will for summer.
lampards had a good season for chelsea tbf, it just doesnt seem to work when him and gerrard play together

Unread 04-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Sloane

not that i really care but he should play rooney through the middle on his own with gerrard behind him like they do for their clubs

wouldnt play lampard and would have carrick and barry sitting with lennon and j cole out wide

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:06 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
not that i really care but he should play rooney through the middle on his own with gerrard behind him like they do for their clubs

wouldnt play lampard and would have carrick and barry sitting with lennon and j cole out wide
Yep I don't care either but that is the best team, can't see him dropping Lampard though.

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:10 PM
El Chalten

anyone who thinks england can win the world cup is seriously deluded.

Q/F at best, S/F would be a miracle.

nft.

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane

I'd go with summat similar but might go with Milner ahead of Barry and maybe Agbonglahor or Young ahead of Cole.

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
I'd go with summat similar but might go with Milner ahead of Barry and maybe Agbonglahor or Young ahead of Cole.
Arent you welsh?GTFO and discuss your own pile of shit that didnt even qualify.joke x

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Arent you welsh?GTFO and discuss your own pile of shit that didnt even qualify.joke x
Sorry massa.

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Sorry massa.
What does that mean?That cretin yorks red uses it on the other side all the time.(you did see the white text i hope)

Unread 04-03-2010, 12:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
What does that mean?That cretin yorks red uses it on the other side all the time.(you did see the white text i hope)
Master.

Saw it too late i'm afraid massa.
Closed Thread