United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Sullingtons

Default Re: FAO all Manchester United ST Holders (and none) - your name only (no member no's) required by MU

This thread says it all - nothing will happen, if the response is negative on here, we have no chance.

It's like dejavu - the same reason it could've been stopped.

Signed btw.

Unread 03-03-2010, 05:26 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Re: FAO all Manchester United ST Holders (and none) - your name only (no member no's) required by MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
This thread says it all - nothing will happen, if the response is negative on here, we have no chance.

It's like dejavu - the same reason it could've been stopped.

Signed btw.
Its not about being negative sullers its about what these other people stand for, as far as I see it we will still be in debt and still run by business men who want a return.
This group of knights have not said anything about what they will do or how they will do it so I can't see how anyone (at this point) can back them.

If they come back with a plan (and a £#%&!ing good one) then they will get more backing but to come out with "we will raise the money (which they haven't managed to yet) and buy the club" is a little shallow to say the least.
Where is the money coming from?
How is it paid back?
If people boycott will they get their seats back that have maybe been a family for years?

I'm all for the glazers £#%&!ing off but there is little point in £#%&!ing them off for a bunch of blokes who've not said a thing about how they will run the club

Unread 03-03-2010, 05:35 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Its not about being negative sullers its about what these other people stand for, as far as I see it we will still be in debt and still run by business men who want a return.
This group of knights have not said anything about what they will do or how they will do it so I can't see how anyone (at this point) can back them.

If they come back with a plan (and a £#%&!ing good one) then they will get more backing but to come out with "we will raise the money (which they haven't managed to yet) and buy the club" is a little shallow to say the least.
How is it paid back?
If people boycott will they get their seats back that have maybe been a family for years?

I'm all for the glazers £#%&!ing off but there is little point in £#%&!ing them off for a bunch of blokes who've not said a thing about how they will run the club
exactly

they are asking for the fans help right now but we don't even £#%&!ing know who they are

Unread 03-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

the money apparently is coming from 50 odd millionaires chipping in a million quid and upwards a piece, and the rest it is hoped will be raised from the pockets of as many of the requested 100k+ membership of must chipping in an average of about £2.5k a piece. this leaves the pot at around £700m, enough to pay off the glazer's own liabilities and give them a return on their 5 years at united. and it obviously falls well short of the estimated - conservative imo - valuation of united at 1.3bn and still leaves the bond investors needing to be paid up.

how this amounts to raising the cash being "the easy part" is anybody's guess. then again, if it was ever the easy part they wouldn't be quibbling over a few hundred million and trying to get the price knocked down.

or... they want it to be a mass whip round because it fits their moral compass. of course, it will be interesting to discover exactly what restrictions their moral compass forced them to answer to when they were busy acquiring their wealth in the first place. hedge fund manager's tale should be especially interesting for a start off

Unread 03-03-2010, 05:41 PM
waynes ear's

the red knights have just told city types they want to re-float the club to pay off people who finance the take over but lock the shares in a stone. One day some blessed kid will pull the rock out his #@&%! and become the major shareholder of MUFC.

Unread 03-03-2010, 05:48 PM
ScarFace

Nothing will happen whille we're still good on the pitch.

If that stops then the kind of fan who cant be botherd giving it up now, probably will then.

Unread 03-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
but thats the point Mike

what do they do and to what end?

and i mean this purely with respect to this Red Knights situation

if they published a plan and revealed themselves people would have something tangible to attach to
Absolutely and I agree 100%, but - and again, this is not a criticism - the majority of our support hasn't got anything tangible to back, no real plan of what's going on so therefore isn't very commited.
I brought this up back at the meeting about how there's not really one site, one place I can send people which gives them all the information and about what the plan is. Because there isn't one! The red knights can't just wade in and buy the club, we really need someone with a bit of authority - be it MUST with the red knights, or whoever, to say - This is the plan, this is what we're going to do and what we need you to do to help.

As has been pointed out no one really has the £#%&!ing foggiest what the dickens these chaps are up to

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:09 PM
waynes ear's

the knights of the centre circle

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:16 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2

How is it paid back?

Surely that's worth taking a chance on? The future of the club versus staying in the nice spot you've had all these years? Come on...

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:19 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Surely that's worth taking a chance on? The future of the club versus staying in the nice spot you've had all these years? Come on...
Maybe so but its also something that has to be factored in, it might be small matter to some (me) but I know this is stopping a couple of people giving up their seats.

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: FAO all Manchester United ST Holders (and none) - your name only (no member no's) required by MU

michael red knighton

seriously, the only deal on the horizon is this one and their public statements are encouraging. if it comes to fruition it's probably the best way out of the mess that can be realistically envisioned.

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:26 PM
teflon_terry

Classic Volunteer's Dilemma

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Was just about to post the same thing tbh

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

this 'deal' better not be the best way out because at this present time it looks like more of the same with a whole heap of extra %@#$&!s thrown in

deliberately setting out to politicise the club's entire structure is not something that'll get my vote tbh, largely because there are people who would threaten to be involved who i wouldn't want anywhere near the running of the club. ferguson must be allowed to maintain the level of influence over the day-to-day running of the football club. and people with genuine experience of running united must be the ones responsible for the transition when ferguson calls time.

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:42 PM
waynes ear's

hope joan laporta can be brought in

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:52 PM
forzagarza

If the wait and see brigade could maybe just wait and see then that would be great. All we have is intent at the moment- if the Red Knights turns out to be a load of shit it will not be supported and will fail. It is in every decent persons interest to make this work.

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Sullingtons

Were the wait n see the same as the fight from within?

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
If the wait and see brigade could maybe just wait and see then that would be great. All we have is intent at the moment- if the Red Knights turns out to be a load of shit it will not be supported and will fail. It is in every decent persons interest to make this work.
is it £#%&!

give me a list of everyone who could potentially be involved and i'll decide for myself if they are decent or not thanks

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
is it £#%&!

give me a list of everyone who could potentially be involved and i'll decide for myself if they are decent or not thanks
Malcolm Glazer
Joel Glazer
Avram Glazer
Bryan Glazer
Malcolm Glazier

Unread 03-03-2010, 06:59 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
is it £#%&!

1. Tumescent Throb
Closed Thread