United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:17 PM
toseeunited

Exclamation FAO all Manchester United ST Holders (and none) - your name only (no member no's) required by MUST!

http://action.joinmust.org/AreYouUnited

Name, Email address and a tick box to confirm you are a Manchester United Season Ticket Holder.

Mods; please make this a sticky? Everyone, pass this on to your ST Holder mates!

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:29 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up Re: FAO all Manchester United Season Ticket Holders - your name only (no member no's) required by MU

Signed!

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:38 PM
carlosartorial

Default Re: FAO all Manchester United ST Holders (and none) - your name only (no member no's) required by MU

Don't get me wrong, I've been a member of SU/MUST since whenever it started and I've still got a fair bit stashed with them....but I've got zero faith in them left.

The fact that they were offered a seat at these recent red knight talks makes me fear the worst tbh...

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:45 PM
waynes ear's

Default Re: FAO all Manchester United ST Holders (and none) - your name only (no member no's) required by MU

data mining?

Reported

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

We deserve a club that is run by United, for United. The Red Knights can make this happen - but they need to know that the supporters are behind them.

Is there any evidence for this?

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:48 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
We deserve a club that is run by United, for United. The Red Knights can make this happen - but they need to know that the supporters are behind them.

Is there any evidence for this?
got any better ideas?

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
got any better ideas?
No, tbh I'm pretty fatalistic about the whole thing and maybe false ghope is better than no hope at all.

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

FAO thread. :shakehead:

signed

Unread 03-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Rorschach

Unread 03-03-2010, 03:30 PM
florentino ariza

everything that is being said about 'fan involvement' is open to subjective interpretation

so far we know a group of anonymous financiers have met with a fans organisation (and i'm sorry to say i agree with carlo's assessment on them)

they want us to support them, not attend or not renew but as yet i have heard nothing about who they are and what their intentions are rather than unsubstantiated platitudes

one thing is for sure, nobody is investing 1.5 billion or whatever it ends up being without expecting a financial return

tell us how you will involve the fans, baron knights?

Unread 03-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Child of Darkness

MUST ... weak....directionless

still not actually proposing that anything should be done

Unread 03-03-2010, 03:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
MUST ... weak....directionless

still not actually proposing that anything should be done
Is anybody? anything realistic?

Unread 03-03-2010, 03:38 PM
koppas

Quote:
A wealthy group of true fans, called the Red Knights, are developing plans to buy the club - but they need to know that the fans support them. We need 100,000 voices calling for them to take action - add yours now:
This is cheesy as £#%&!. How very gay.

Unread 03-03-2010, 03:41 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Is anybody? anything realistic?
The problem is, is there anything realistic that can be done?
The only way the glazers will sell is for an inflated price which no one can afford to pay or will pay.
The only other way they will sell is with a mass boycott and i just don't see that happening.

The only realistic option is some billionaire coming in and using us a plaything, the only difference between that person and the glazers will be no debt and from what I can gather this is not just about debt.

Unread 03-03-2010, 03:41 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
http://action.joinmust.org/AreYouUnited

Name, Email address and a tick box to confirm you are a Manchester United Season Ticket Holder.

Mods; please make this a sticky? Everyone, pass this on to your ST Holder mates!

£#%&!ing ell how many arms has he got?

Unread 03-03-2010, 03:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
The only way the glazers will sell is for an inflated price which no one can afford to pay or will pay.
The only other way they will sell is with a mass boycott and i just don't see that happening.

The only realistic option is some billionaire coming in and using us a plaything, the only difference between that person and the glazers will be no debt and from what I can gather this is not just about debt.
I don't really see anything.

Unread 03-03-2010, 03:43 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
£#%&!ing ell how many arms has he got?
If you counted them, you lazy @#%&!, you would realise that the answer is four.

Unread 03-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2

and there we have it

these people, harris anyway, boasted that raising the cash was "the easy part"

yet at the same time all we hear is that we're not leveraged but "overly leveraged", or that we still have to budget for financing the debt (for a time)

youre Red Knights? You want to 'save' United because you support them? you are £#%&!ing minted?

pay the glazers to £#%&! off, pay off the debt, and let ferguson run the team as he currently does and retain the influence he currently has at united and you will get my full support.

Unread 03-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Whip Hubley

and unfortunately the pessimism in these few posts is largely typical of our support

i'm not saying that the pessimisim isn't valid, by the way, it's just smacks a bit of moaning and similar to people saying they won't vote in a general election because it 'doesn't make a difference'

well, maybe not, but as tosee pointed out at the moment there isn't a great deal to go on so let's do what we can. If nothing comes of this, if those cancerous £#%&!ers still own the club this time next year and are still leeching off it, surely it's better to be stood there knowing you did absolutely everything you could to get rid of them?
If anybody I know, a year from now, is whining about ticket prices and lack of investment in the team and I know they did £#%&! all to get rid of the Glazers i'll be reminding them of that fact.

I watched the game on sunday in my local with a couple of my str2 ST holding mates. One of them said he'd only give it up if he was assured to get it back, which is fair enough, and the other can't even be bothered to give up so much as the half time pie (which I berated him for). But that seems to be the prevailing point of view - 'nothing will work so I won't do anything'

Highly frustrating.

Unread 03-03-2010, 05:10 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
and unfortunately the pessimism in these few posts is largely typical of our support

i'm not saying that the pessimisim isn't valid, by the way, it's just smacks a bit of moaning and similar to people saying they won't vote in a general election because it 'doesn't make a difference'

well, maybe not, but as tosee pointed out at the moment there isn't a great deal to go on so let's do what we can. If nothing comes of this, if those cancerous £#%&!ers still own the club this time next year and are still leeching off it, surely it's better to be stood there knowing you did absolutely everything you could to get rid of them?
If anybody I know, a year from now, is whining about ticket prices and lack of investment in the team and I know they did £#%&! all to get rid of the Glazers i'll be reminding them of that fact.

I watched the game on sunday in my local with a couple of my str2 ST holding mates. One of them said he'd only give it up if he was assured to get it back, which is fair enough, and the other can't even be bothered to give up so much as the half time pie (which I berated him for). But that seems to be the prevailing point of view - 'nothing will work so I won't do anything'

Highly frustrating.
but thats the point Mike

what do they do and to what end?

and i mean this purely with respect to this Red Knights situation

if they published a plan and revealed themselves people would have something tangible to attach to
Closed Thread