United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2010, 06:16 PM
borsuk

Default Re: Valencia

football these days: how many tricks does he have :shakehead:

good old-school winger, toni. chalk on his boots, never dives and it takes a truck to knock him off the ball. not scared to tackle as well and direct as anything, reminds me of andrei and coppell. they didn't have many tricks either.

good to see him shoot with his left yesterday. he doesn't need to cut inside much but developing his left peg would make him a lot less predictable. it would help him to chip in with a few more goals as well, probably the only criticism of him i'd make tbh.

nice to see a beaming smile after wayne's second as well.

Unread 24-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

His delivery needs to improve.

Unread 24-02-2010, 06:50 PM
rebelcountyred

his style of wing play puts me in mind of kanchelskis, very powerful, very direct, he's been a good signing for us, had a poor game imo against everton but everyone is entitled to an off day.

Unread 24-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Its just my opinion gf, if you don't like it tough shite i'm afraid.
where's that dawson gif when you need it

Unread 24-02-2010, 07:04 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
reminds me of andrei and coppell. they didn't have many tricks either.

exactly - i made the kancheskis point when we signed him, and the comment about tricks made me think of coppell.

remember the early days ronaldo anyway, lots of tricks, but rare that the end product was there.

I am sure its easier for the strikers to time their runs if they have an inkling when the balls is going to come in.

top marks for the nonchalant way he shrugged of Bellamy's attempted assualt at the council house too.

Unread 24-02-2010, 08:12 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
top marks for the nonchalant way he shrugged of Bellamy's attempted assualt at the council house too.
yep. he's a tough £#%&!er

Unread 24-02-2010, 08:15 PM
£#%&! KFC

fantastic signing, brilliant first season at United, could maybew score a few more but that will come next year

shades of Kanchelskis at his peak with his pace and power and delivery

our second best player of the season imo fact

Unread 24-02-2010, 08:16 PM
dunk

Spector launching himself at Valencia and bouncing off was making me laugh yesterday. He must've done it 3 or 4 times, and each time he launched himself with a little more gusto, each time to no avail

Unread 24-02-2010, 08:22 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
our second best player of the season imo fact
nah, that would be rooney

Unread 24-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Go on then?

Unread 24-02-2010, 08:24 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

Unread 24-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
being an out and out winger is under-rated far too much. those who have watched united over the years appreciate valencia for what he is, as opposed to just comparing him to his predecessor which is £#%&!ing pointless cos he's a completely different player.

well impressed with his delivery, and wayne / the rest of the team are benefiting.
spot on. valencia may only do 'the basics' (like getting the ball in the £#%&!ing box 95% of the time ) but it's the consistency which is where he excels

yes marls, he may only be 1 dimensional but as of yet no defence has been particularly good at stopping his 1 dimension because he's so fast and has such a strong upper body.

Unread 24-02-2010, 09:19 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Borsuk is on about Fletcher. Personally think Rooney's been better overall but that's not how he sees it

Unread 24-02-2010, 09:24 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Go on then?

rooney has been superb but fletcher's the player of the season so far for me. won't get the media plaudits but i don't think there's been a better (defensive) midfielder in europe this season.

Unread 24-02-2010, 09:24 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Borsuk is on about Fletcher. Personally think Rooney's been better overall but that's not how he sees it

ffs Fletcher has been quality....Rooney and Valencia have been way better and Wazza is out on his own

Unread 24-02-2010, 09:27 PM
rafabio

fletcher has been poor in lot of matches. flirted in and out of games.

Rooney, evra, valencia, giggs, fletcher in that order for me...

Unread 24-02-2010, 09:31 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Valencia

Quote:

ffs Fletcher has been quality....Rooney and Valencia have been way better and Wazza is out on his own
rafabio agrees with you

i rest my case

Unread 24-02-2010, 09:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
fletcher has been poor in lot of matches. flirted in and out of games.

Rooney, evra, valencia, giggs, fletcher in that order for me...
£#%&! off

Unread 27-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Sloane

rooney:
"I've been working on my heading like I work on a lot of things. I've been working on it ever since I've been at United with one of the coaches - and particularly over the last couple of years. It's paying off now and I'm grateful for that because I've put a lot of time in and thankfully it has shown on the pitch. I've scored a few now. I'm playing more central now so I'm in the box when the balls come in, rather than out wide crossing them, so that definitely helps. It's obviously down to the delivery. If the right ball gets in there you've a chance of scoring and Antonio Valencia puts them right on my head."

Unread 28-02-2010, 11:54 PM
shadowplay

First medal for the guy. And another assist. Fair £#%&!s.
Closed Thread